PDA

View Full Version : C&R FAQ Questions

Kestryll
05-01-2006, 9:32 AM
Now that we have the C&R Forum letís take a look at what we want for our stickied FAQs.
This is where we need input from you the C&R obsessed members ;).

To start with a list of what type of info we want to be in there would be good.
The first part would be how you apply for and get your C&R License and where to get or download the forms.

So, what do we need, what do we want, and where do we get it?
Letís get this FAQ setup and stickied then we can get back to draining our bank accounts! :D

ocabj
05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I got my C&R using the old procedures (PDF available online). But the following should be correct:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

Select (1) form F5310.16 and (2) form F5330.20.

Make copy of 5310.16 and fill out two copies: one of the ATF and one for your local chief local law enforcement officer. Ink sign both copies. Mail copy of 5310.16 and 5330.20 to ATF. Mail copy of 5310.16 to chief LEO (usually city police chief, if none, then county Sheriff).

Do not go to the police station to turn in the copy. Just mail it. You don't want to have to deal with a desk officer who has no idea what a C&R is and why you are giving them a copy of the application. Mail it and be done with it. That's all the ATF requires you to do. If anything, mail it to the chief LEO using a certificate of mailing.

Currently, fingerprint cards are not required for C&R FFL applicants.

socal57chevy
05-01-2006, 4:27 PM
Now that we have the C&R Forum letís take a look at what we want for our stickied FAQs.
This is where we need input from you the C&R obsessed members ;).

To start with a list of what type of info we want to be in there would be good.
The first part would be how you apply for and get your C&R License and where to get or download the forms.

So, what do we need, what do we want, and where do we get it?
Letís get this FAQ setup and stickied then we can get back to draining our bank accounts! :D

I did a "legal" post with FAQs at the end. If we had a few actual letters regarding C&R legalities they could go there as well. I sent a letter regarding C&R modification. When a response arrives I'll post it, too.

Guinness
05-01-2006, 9:21 PM
Heres a good article that was done on Surplus Rifles on what a C&R is and how to get one step by step..

http://surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

MaxQ
05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I can think of a few possible stickies that would be very helpful:

1. How to apply for a C&R license - sample form filled out, how to find your CLEO, CLEO has no say, common application FAQ...

2. A general C&R FAQ - benefits, transfer rules, in/out of state, COE, handgun purchases out of state, DROS, 10 day wait, M59/66 issues, bound book... Nice and concise. Maybe numbered?

3. Where to send C&R copies (ocabj) - purchasing C&R firearms and supplies only.

4. C&R related links (El Barto) - other C&R specific boards, ATF, DOJ...

5. Legal (socal57chevy) - code refs and interpretation, letter copies...

It would be great if the first post of the C&R Copy and Links stickies could be updated, so that you don't have to go thru pages of miscellaneous posts to find a link. Limit them to relevant info - discussion goes in other threads! I suppose these two could be combined into one sticky. There was a great parallax(?) C&R links page that had all the good C&R links in one post. It was so convenient that I'd usually go there instead of looking thru my own saved links.

Maybe a C&R firearms photo or photo ID sticky? There have been a few times when I wanted to quickly find what a specific C&R firearm looked like, and had to search all over the place.