PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing mass quant. of firearms

SKILLDADDY
08-11-2010, 3:20 AM
Hello all

Kimber Rob
08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
There is or was a law that you could only buy one gun per month. That may have changed.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
There is or was a law that you could only buy one gun per month. That may have changed.

That only applies to handguns purchased from a FFL's inventory and, all handguns purchased and PPTed inside of the City of Los Angeles (one shop left!). So, the OP can purchase as many long guns and PPT as many privately owned handguns (already in the state) as his wallet allows.

As far as discounts go, you'll have to do your own foot work. Most FFLs are privately run bussinesses and are able to (or not to) do discounts, special deals, etc.

Dr Rockso
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Only applies to handguns purchased from dealer stock. Does not apply to long guns, handguns bought via private party transfers, or individuals with a 03 (C&R) FFL plus a COE.

gravedigger
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM

A question that has been asked before ...

Do I have to wait 10 days to buy a gun store?

POLICESTATE
08-11-2010, 12:58 PM

I would say no, but you would have to wait 10 days to take possession of the store :rolleyes:

paul0660
08-11-2010, 1:09 PM
If you are going to buy 15 guns, I am sure Bullseye will treat you fine. Also watch the for sale forum here, and you can do PPTs there.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2010, 1:20 PM
Only applies to handguns purchased from dealer stock. Does not apply to long guns, handguns bought via private party transfers, or individuals with a 03 (C&R) FFL plus a COE.

Not alway true. The City of LA has a law which limits the nuber of handguns one can buy to one per 30 days. That includes PPTs!

POLICESTATE
08-11-2010, 1:37 PM
Not alway true. The City of LA has a law which limits the nuber of handguns one can buy to one per 30 days. That includes PPTs!

So if you live in LA but you buy in Orange County can you buy as many handguns as you like PPT?

BillCA
08-11-2010, 1:57 PM

Gee... a city ordinance that limits gun sales? I thought the State of California pre-empted the entire field of firearms legislation WRT dealer sales?

BillCA
08-11-2010, 2:01 PM
For the OP...

Just keep in mind that if you purchase a large number of firearms all at once, you will probably send up red flags in Cal DOJ and perhaps BATFE. They will then look closer at who purchased those guns and watch for those guns to be resold or reported "stolen" in the next few months. If you're just over 21 and spend, say $10,000 in two months, there might be some interesting visitors asking you questions.

Not that you have to talk to them, but it could put you on someone's radar.

POLICESTATE
08-11-2010, 2:02 PM
For the OP...

Just keep in mind that if you purchase a large number of firearms all at once, you will probably send up red flags in Cal DOJ and perhaps BATFE. They will then look closer at who purchased those guns and watch for those guns to be resold or reported "stolen" in the next few months. If you're just over 21 and spend, say $10,000 in two months, there might be some interesting visitors asking you questions.

Not that you have to talk to them, but it could put you on someone's radar.

Or they could serve a sneak and peak warrant on you, but you'd never know about that.

kel-tec-innovations
08-11-2010, 2:02 PM
Must be making some good $$$$$$$ :party: "(Like 15-17 premium firearms)"

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2010, 2:11 PM
So if you live in LA but you buy in Orange County can you buy as many handguns as you like PPT?

Yep, you can buy one handgun in LA city first and then do as many PPTs outside of the city limits as you want to. You can still do multiple PPTs in LA County.

Gee... a city ordinance that limits gun sales? I thought the State of California pre-empted the entire field of firearms legislation WRT dealer sales?

Nope, a city or county has final authority. Just because the Feds and State allow you to open a gun shop, it does not mean that you won't have to get a city bussiness license, charge sales tax which includes city and county taxes, follow all relevant city and county laws, etc. Hell, if the City of Los Angeles, it is also illegal to purchase a handgun that is small enough to fit in a box. It's also a FELONY to sell a holster for a small (I'm not sure how small) handgun in LA City. I've also heard that it is illegal to sell anything .50cal related including cleaning brushes. This could be FUD since, an employee at a gun shop (Oak Tree) told me this.

POLICESTATE
08-11-2010, 2:24 PM
The idea that county and city governments can write laws making things felonies disturbs me. Where are these lists of crap that can get me sent to prison posted at? I drive through Cupertino every day on the way to work, boy I sure hope it's not a felony to listen to music in my car if it's being played on an in-dash CD player instead of a trunk mounted changer.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2010, 2:28 PM
The idea that county and city governments can write laws making things felonies disturbs me. Where are these lists of crap that can get me sent to prison posted at? I drive through Cupertino every day on the way to work, boy I sure hope it's not a felony to listen to music in my car if it's being played on an in-dash CD player instead of a trunk mounted changer.

Don't give "them" any more ideas!

SKILLDADDY
08-11-2010, 5:15 PM
HAHHAh well thanks for the scare about Feds knocking my door down everybody. Yah well basically I cashed out some stock and have some money saved up. With November elections around the corner and the way the Federal government is getting. I'm getting nervous about possible firearms infringement, I'm buying what I want now and locking them up.

INJUNTOM
08-11-2010, 9:36 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck with the collection. I've been some up lately as well in anticipation of anything stupid that may happen in the future.. :D

INJUNTOM
08-11-2010, 9:37 PM

I like the way you think..

bsg
08-12-2010, 3:02 AM
welcome to the forum. zero to 60 in how long?

rromeo
08-12-2010, 5:26 AM
Hi-Point is a premium firearm?

turbosbox
08-12-2010, 7:14 AM
Hi-Point is a premium firearm?

In my collection... "yes". :D