PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow a PICK UP TRUCK/SUV- San Diego BLM [This Weekend]

JPanimal
08-11-2010, 1:58 AM
UPDATE: I made it out to my shoot- thanks for the info/help guys! No longer need a truck

Hey CalGunners-
A few friends and I really want to head out to some BLM land to run-n-gun and camp for a night or two. Unfortunately non of our friends have pick-up trucks/large SUV and I know this is a long shot, but its worth a shot posting up here. It's just myself, my shooting buddy, and our girl friends. We are planning to leave Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, and return Monday by Noon.

I checked out all the places to rent a pick-up and have had 0 luck with either availability, or outrageous prices. We need the suspension clearance and space to haul our targets/steel/gear to the site- I found a BLM spot around 100 miles round trip (less, but rounding up).

Anyhow, We will definitely pay for all GAS, and a CAR WASH, and we're thinking around $60 CASH (negotiable). We are also all fully insured drivers.

We are serious responsible individuals- I know the prices of tires are car work and would not dream about joy riding irresponsibly in the desert, I'm looking for a safe fun trip shooting steel, camping out, and enjoying the great outdoors. (I have a clean DMV record...for the record!)

Anyhow, PLEASE let me know if this would work out at all, or we can negotiate some collateral etc.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Rob454
08-12-2010, 8:00 PM
Go rent a 4x4 SUV. Plenty of car rental places have them. hate to say this but I dont know many people who will just hand over the keys to their vehicles to a complete stranger. LOTS of liability when you do that.

qaz5109
08-12-2010, 8:08 PM
thats awsome anybody see the movie jackass

c good
08-12-2010, 9:28 PM
Take plenty of shade,lots of sunscreen, lots of Ice, and plenty of water. It's smoking hot out there right now.

imtheomegaman
08-12-2010, 9:42 PM
Jeff,

That's really asking a lot my man. By the way, you insure the car so your insurance would not cover you in someone else's vehicle.

Best of luck to you.

SD_Accountant
08-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Jeff,

That's really asking a lot my man. By the way, you insure the car so your insurance would not cover you in someone else's vehicle.

Best of luck to you.

State Farm (I hold a policy with them) will insure you in any car you are driving at the time. I totaled my buddies uninsured motorcycle a few years ago and my car insurance covered the accident 100% (less my auto deductible). I am a customer for life.

Having said that, I still wouldn't loan my Jeep to anyone but family.

Surf & Turf
08-19-2010, 11:20 PM
You can borrow mine but could you please get it running first.....:o

gravedigger
08-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Gosh, this from The Land of Lawyers? You'll be hard pressed to get anyone to loan you a truck.

imtheomegaman
08-20-2010, 2:52 PM
State Farm (I hold a policy with them) will insure you in any car you are driving at the time. I totaled my buddies uninsured motorcycle a few years ago and my car insurance covered the accident 100% (less my auto deductible). I am a customer for life.

Having said that, I still wouldn't loan my Jeep to anyone but family.

I'll have to check into that, I always assumed it only covered my vehicle (regardless of driver), since that is what the rate is based on.

JPanimal
08-20-2010, 3:02 PM
Thanks for the info/help guys, I ended up changing to a more car-friendly location and made it out and back w/o any issues. I really should check into my insurance policy to see what the coverage is though.

There actually is a company that loans it out at a reasonable rate but they were all booked for the weekend- I'll plan ahead next time and book their trucks early.:cool:

and C Good- it WAS smoking hot:eek:...I've never gone through so much water in my life- next desert shoot has got to be in the fall when its under 100 degrees out