PDA

View Full Version : CRPA Ballot Received Yesterday, Now What?

DVSmith
08-10-2010, 8:53 AM
OK, The Firing Line or whatever that magazine is called looks like it has the ballot for board members. Doe we have any recommendations?

What about the new corp charter? Should we ratify that? I don't have a copy of the old one, so I can't tell what has changed.

wildhawker
08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
OK, The Firing Line or whatever that magazine is called looks like it has the ballot for board members. Doe we have any recommendations?

What about the new corp charter? Should we ratify that? I don't have a copy of the old one, so I can't tell what has changed.

Here's a PDF of the ballot with my selections marked. Note that if you do not receive your Firing Line or of it comes too late to return via US Mail, you can use this PDF and scan it to them.

Pay close attention to the "Programs & Coalitions Development" Committee candidates, since our Calguns slate is split with another candidate (after Mr. Henslin and before Mr. Nordberg).

timdps
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
pdf does not seem to be working...

tim

Steyrlp10
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM

tim

Maybe it's your version of Adobe? I have Version 9 and was able to open the PDF without a problem.

OlderThanDirt
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Poor Dolores probably won't know what hit her.

hoffmang
08-10-2010, 4:54 PM
Poor Dolores probably won't know what hit her.

Yeah. Worst case I expect she'll be appointed later...

-Gene

DVSmith
08-10-2010, 5:31 PM
Here's a PDF of the ballot with my selections marked. Note that if you do not receive your Firing Line or of it comes too late to return via US Mail, you can use this PDF and scan it to them.

Pay close attention to the "Programs & Coalitions Development" Committee candidates, since our Calguns slate is split with another candidate (after Mr. Henslin and before Mr. Nordberg).

You didn't vote for all candidates/races. Is there some tactic to your omissions or maybe they are not relevant?

AndrewMendez
08-10-2010, 5:51 PM
When are these due? I have not received anything. What did the final number of Calgunners come to?

ke6guj
08-10-2010, 5:58 PM
You didn't vote for all candidates/races. Is there some tactic to your omissions or maybe they are not relevant?If I don't know about the candidates for a certain position, I'd rather not vote at all for any of them than to just pick one.

And for elections where you can for "up to x# of people", the less people you do vote for, the more "power" each one of your votes does have. Don't feel obligated to "use up all your votes".

timdps
08-10-2010, 6:03 PM

tim

Working now...

ke6guj
08-10-2010, 6:15 PM

what about this part?

3. This page of The Firing Line is the official election ballot and must be marked and returned to
the address below. Copies wil not be accepted.

When are these due? I have not received anything. What did the final number of Calgunners come to?

from the PDF,

2. Ballots must be received at CRPA Headquarters on or before August 31, 2010. Ballots
received after August 31, 2010 will not be counted. Send to CRPA 271 Imperial Highway, Suite
620, Fullerton, California 92835.

wildhawker
08-10-2010, 6:44 PM
Copies will (and must) be accepted (especially since they are ~2 weeks late to transmit the ballots, but the count/certification date hasn't pushed in kind).

This has been clarified and confirmed but the form does not reflect it.

ke6guj
08-10-2010, 6:45 PM
gotcha

Fjold
08-10-2010, 6:59 PM
I signed up for a life membership last month and got a hat in the mail. Do I get a magazine also?

jdberger
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
The New Ballots are here!

The New Ballots are here!

http://www.soapboxmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/johnson-navin-r_21.jpg

FastFinger
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
If you haven't received your "The Firing Line" ballot yet, download, and sign, the PDF ballet. It needs to be received at CRPA headquarters on or before August 31, 2010. You can mail it in, or email it to "jcfields@crpa.org", also CC your email ballot to wildhawker & hoffmang.

Steyrlp10
08-11-2010, 9:09 AM
If I don't know about the candidates for a certain position, I'd rather not vote at all for any of them than to just pick one.

And for elections where you can for "up to x# of people", the less people you do vote for, the more "power" each one of your votes does have. Don't feel obligated to "use up all your votes".

I'm happy to say I actually know the Calgunners on there this time around :)

Glock22Fan
08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
If you haven't received your "The Firing Line" ballot yet, download, and sign, the PDF ballet. It needs to be received at CRPA headquarters on or before August 31, 2010. You can mail it in, or email it to "jcfields@crpa.org", also CC your email ballot to wildhawker & hoffmang.

Maybe things can change soon, but I really do get tired of the Firing Line arriving so late as to be useless. Exhortations to call legislators weeks after they have already voted, ballots that should already have been sent in, that sort of thing.

I haven't had my copy yet this month, though I suppose there's still time on this occasion.

Left Coast Conservative
08-11-2010, 4:22 PM
... and kept a scan of the signed ballot with my member number. Just in case there is some kind of dispute.

wildhawker
08-11-2010, 4:41 PM
Maybe things can change soon, but I really do get tired of the Firing Line arriving so late as to be useless. Exhortations to call legislators weeks after they have already voted, ballots that should already have been sent in, that sort of thing.

I haven't had my copy yet this month, though I suppose there's still time on this occasion.

Your frustration is duly noted and is absolutely something that many of us relate to. We're still waiting for ours as well.

lavgrunt
08-11-2010, 6:34 PM
Folks.......there's still plenty of time to get your ballots in. If you have not received your copy of the TFL with the ballot, then by all means use the one posted by Brandon in PDF, sign it and send it in. At this point, I'm sure we all know who we are voting for, so it should be a fairly straightforward process at this point.........

wildhawker
08-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Tony's right - participation is important, and that means we have to make sure every CRPA member who is eligible to vote gets involved in its organization and casts a ballot.

Paging AndrewMendez!

blackberg
08-12-2010, 8:43 AM
I havent received anything from crpa except my membership card, will send this out today
-bb

NotEnoughGuns
08-12-2010, 6:21 PM
I haven't gotten my copy of TFL this month yet and the PDF file states: "3. This page of The Firing Line is the official election ballot and must be marked and returned to the address below. Copies wil not be accepted."

I guess I'll have to wait to vote. I just hope I get it in time.

wildhawker
08-12-2010, 7:19 PM
I haven't gotten my copy of TFL this month yet and the PDF file states: "3. This page of The Firing Line is the official election ballot and must be marked and returned to the address below. Copies wil not be accepted."

I guess I'll have to wait to vote. I just hope I get it in time.

Please read and refer to posts #11 and 12, above.

Copies will (and must) be accepted (especially since they are ~2 weeks late to transmit the ballots, but the count/certification date hasn't pushed in kind).

This has been clarified and confirmed but the form does not reflect it.

sar_man
08-12-2010, 7:22 PM
Miy ballet went out this morning in the mail

otteray
08-12-2010, 7:36 PM
I'm adding an x in the box for Rob Cobez (Smallbore,) a well regarded and respected member of our local shooting club here in Santa Cruz.
He is knowledgeable about current events in the struggle to make California gun laws less restrictive and aware of those that want to make it even worse.

DVSmith
08-12-2010, 8:22 PM
I'm adding an x in the box for Rob Cobez (Smallbore,) a well regarded and respected member of our local shooting club here in Santa Cruz.
He is knowledgeable about current events in the struggle to make California gun laws less restrictive and aware of those that want to make it even worse.

Thanks for the personal recommendation.

My ballot has now been mark and mailed.

You guys are awesome for working to make a difference and I am more than grateful.

hoffmang
08-12-2010, 11:41 PM

There are reasons I do not recommend voting for Mr. Cobez.

-Gene

Gunny
08-13-2010, 7:59 AM
Would it be possible to sticky this thread? Its tough to find at times and will they accept this with your vote on it? It states under the instructions : 3. This page of The Firing Line is the official election ballot and must be marked and returned to

DVSmith
08-13-2010, 8:08 AM

-Gene

Too late... I mailed my ballot. Not that one vote should matter much. If he wins by one vote, by the way, you can blame me. :43:

For those who haven't mailed their ballot yet, can you elaborate?

wildhawker
08-13-2010, 8:31 AM
Gunny, please read up a few posts.

Steyrlp10
08-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Would it be possible to sticky this thread? Its tough to find at times and will they accept this with your vote on it? It states under the instructions : 3. This page of The Firing Line is the official election ballot and must be marked and returned to

Wildhawker has a PDF link in one of his posts if you'll scroll up a bit. We're all emailing/faxing our ballots in because the magazine will never arrive in time by snail mail.

Thanks for adding your vote -- each one counts!

Glock22Fan
08-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Mine just arrived, completed, sent in by post (snail mail).

If an email scan or fax is needed for confirmation, please advise.

Steyrlp10
08-13-2010, 1:59 PM
Just to be on the safe side, I just emailed, faxed, and will snail mail two ballots today. Murphy's Law, you know? :)

Gene and Brandon, you have email, thanks!

FirstFlight
08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, if you live in San Mateo County- SF Bay Area - have faith in the U.S.Mail-and CRPA. My Firing Line arrived today (Saturday 8-14-10). I have filled out the ballot, stamped it, and will drop it off at the post office tomorrow.

hoffmang
08-14-2010, 3:04 PM
Hey guys, if you live in San Mateo County- SF Bay Area - have faith in the U.S.Mail-and CRPA. My Firing Line arrived today (Saturday 8-14-10). I have filled out the ballot, stamped it, and will drop it off at the post office tomorrow.

I live in the same county and I still don't have it... USPS can be very odd.

-Gene

wildhawker
08-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Still waiting for our 2 TFLs...

greasemonkey
08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
- have faith in the U.S.Mail-

:rofl2::rofl2:

FirstFlight
08-15-2010, 1:53 PM
:rofl2::rofl2:

You gotta get a pro gunner mailman!

Seriously,I have been a CRPA member for over 10 years and it seems to me the Firing Line has always arrived, late in the month. Now that we will be getting 6 (hopefully) of "our" guys into positions to make a difference, maybe we can make some changes! How about the Firing Line downloadable on-line? That way we would all get it at the same time. Probably less expensive to do it that way and spend the money saved on 2A legal business. I do see some improvements for those of us in NorCal already. Next year the CRPA Annual Gala will be held up here. First time I have seen that happen since I have been a member. The CRPA has always been a SoCal organization. I think just that one change will pick up many new members from Nor Cal. Just one man's opinion!

wildhawker
08-15-2010, 3:05 PM
This is useful information, and it confirms what I've heard over and over again about timing. Thanks for sharing here.

Also, we actually have an opportunity to place 11 Calgunners on the CRPA Board; my CRPA Sample Ballot (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4758606&postcount=2) in post #2 has each of these folks highlighted and checked.

Trust that improving communication and timeliness, and increasing member participation, are very high priorities for me and the entire slate.

Seriously,I have been a CRPA member for over 10 years and it seems to me the Firing Line has always arrived, late in the month. Now that we will be getting 6 (hopefully) of "our" guys into positions to make a difference, maybe we can make some changes! How about the Firing Line downloadable on-line? That way we would all get it at the same time. Probably less expensive to do it that way and spend the money saved on 2A legal business. I do see some improvements for those of us in NorCal already. Next year the CRPA Annual Gala will be held up here. First time I have seen that happen since I have been a member. The CRPA has always been a SoCal organization. I think just that one change will pick up many new members from Nor Cal. Just one man's opinion!

FirstFlight
08-15-2010, 3:17 PM
This is useful information, and it confirms what I've heard over and over again about timing. Thanks for sharing here.

Also, we actually have an opportunity to place 11 Calgunners on the CRPA Board; my CRPA Sample Ballot (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4758606&postcount=2) in post #2 has each of these folks highlighted and checked.

Trust that improving communication and timeliness, and increasing member participation, are very high priorities for me and the entire slate.

I stand corrected...I did vote for those 11 you indicated

hoffmang
08-15-2010, 3:24 PM
How about the Firing Line downloadable on-line? That way we would all get it at the same time.
That is a project under way already that has been slowed by an older IT infrastructure. Downloading TFL will require you to log in to a members section of the CRPA.org site - hence the IT issues. However, it should be fixed in the near future.

-Gene

Scarecrow Repair
08-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Downloading TFL will require you to log in to a members section of the CRPA.org site

This may be a naive question, but why not make the issue open to the public? A suspect a lot of members joined not mainly for the contents of the magazine but to support another gun rights organization.

FirstFlight
08-16-2010, 5:08 AM
That is a project under way already that has been slowed by an older IT infrastructure. Downloading TFL will require you to log in to a members section of the CRPA.org site - hence the IT issues. However, it should be fixed in the near future.

-Gene

Thanks for the info Gene. Glad to see The Firing Line heading in that direction. I subscribe to a weekly newsletter (not guns) that is usually five or six pages. It is sent by email to me as a PDF attachment, in full living color. Works fine. If there is a subject I wish to save as a hard copy I print the newsletter. If not, I keep it on my email for reference until the new newsletter is sent the next week. Then I delete it.

hoffmang
08-16-2010, 3:00 PM
This may be a naive question, but why not make the issue open to the public? A suspect a lot of members joined not mainly for the contents of the magazine but to support another gun rights organization.

There is concern amongst some at CRPA that the Firing Line may be one of the only reasons people join. Moving forward the archive will certainly be kept up so that you can get the three month or older version. I expect to keep advocating for open access but this step is in the right direction and tieing membership to a members section has other positives like easy updates to your mailing address and, potentially in the future - voting, etc.

-Gene

PORCH
08-16-2010, 5:41 PM

So much for a secret ballot.

ke6guj
08-16-2010, 5:48 PM
you don't have to CC it to them if you don't want to.

hoffmang
08-16-2010, 6:37 PM
My TFL arrived today and I noticed a minor error. The original intent of using the TFL ballot is that they were to be printed in such a way that the address label is on the back. That didn't happen this year so there is no real difference using the PDF's in this thread as compared to the TFL version.

Please vote ASAP.

-Gene

jdberger
08-16-2010, 8:00 PM
There is concern amongst some at CRPA that the Firing Line may be one of the only reasons people join. ...

-Gene

Really?

bummer7
08-16-2010, 8:35 PM

-Gene

I agree.

-b

halifax
08-17-2010, 4:24 AM
My TFL arrived today and I noticed a minor error. The original intent of using the TFL ballot is that they were to be printed in such a way that the address label is on the back. That didn't happen this year so there is no real difference using the PDF's in this thread as compared to the TFL version.

Please vote ASAP.

-Gene

Wish I could but it says business members aren't eligible. :confused:

wildhawker
08-17-2010, 8:13 AM
Wish I could but it says business members aren't eligible. :confused:

Correct, only annual adult and life members have voting rights.

However, I'm sure a quick call to the office could get you fixed up as either.

halifax
08-17-2010, 9:30 AM
Correct, only annual adult and life members have voting rights.

However, I'm sure a quick call to the office could get you fixed up as either.

I guess that's one of the benefits of paying $13 more. :p

I'll call like you said.

ETA: I was told I could send in my ballot with the new Member # but my ballot may not count if the CC doesn't get processed by the 31st.

Steyrlp10
08-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Just to chime in again, the TFL arrived at my house yesterday afternoon. I agree with everyone that when the time is appropriate, email delivery of the publication may resolve this current issue. At least the copies will go out at the same time and arrive at the same time.

kperry
08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
My copy finally arrived yesterday. I pasted the address block from the back page of the magazine to the back of the ballot and mailed it this morning...

greasemonkey
08-27-2010, 8:10 AM
I wish it were that easy, I finally received my Firing Line w/ ballot last night.

I can't keep track of all the lost/late stuff I've sent/received through the US Mail for personal and business.

Just recently, about 1/3 of my wedding invitations never reached their recipients, however, the 'save the date' postcards with our website sent a few days later did arrive. Several invitation envelopes were "return(ed) to sender" as invalid name/address but the cards, whose labels were printed from the exact same, unaltered list, did make it. Postage amount was correct, if not a bit more than required.

I have no problem receiving literature from the NRA, SAF, local ranges and gun shops...so it's not my carrier jettisoning my 2A mail.

FirstFlight
09-06-2010, 2:20 PM

Since this is now a "dead thread" I don't know if anyone will be reading this but.....as I noted above, I can now say ask and you shall receive! I received a letter today in the mail from the CRPA, addressed to CRPA Life Members. This is a letter announcing a free $4,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit insurance. Among items listed to be ticked off is "I want to save CRPA money by receiving "Firing Line" electronically." I can really care less about the insurance but I have ticked off the on-line Firing Line invitation.

Steyrlp10
09-06-2010, 5:40 PM
Since this is now a "dead thread" I don't know if anyone will be reading this but.....as I noted above, I can now say ask and you shall receive! I received a letter today in the mail from the CRPA, addressed to CRPA Life Members. This is a letter announcing a free $4,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit insurance. Among items listed to be ticked off is "I want to save CRPA money by receiving "Firing Line" electronically." I can really care less about the insurance but I have ticked off the on-line Firing Line invitation.

Same here... it's nice to see that the CRPA is making an effort to make improvements. Like anything else, it takes time and some elbow grease :)