PDA

View Full Version : Scary - How Would You Have Reacted?

PsychGuy274
08-10-2010, 8:03 AM
U7TKmkMJemI

Say you were legally armed and this happened to you. How would you have handled this situation?

wrightb
08-10-2010, 8:11 AM
Lmao, Ive been loving these videos. I would have kept driving, honestly, but kudos to that guy, hes got some balls. Should have finished the job

Dead*Reckoned
08-10-2010, 8:16 AM
I would have gunned it as soon as that a**hole stepped on my hood. My life would have felt threatened at that moment.

Barabas
08-10-2010, 8:26 AM
In a vehicle on a public thoroughfare against unarmed, intoxicated hoodlums. You cease being a pedestrian with the right of way when mayhem is about to ensue. Firearms wouldn't even enter the picture, even if one was in my lap.

My cellphone would get some play once I was safely away from the scene.

Davidoff
08-10-2010, 8:44 AM
Well said. In this scenario, windows up and hit the throttle. My vehicle is a better defensive weapon than my firearm in this case.

gunRfun
08-10-2010, 8:53 AM
He needed a wrist strap connected to that bat!!!

Untamed1972
08-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I would have gunned it as soon as that a**hole stepped on my hood. My life would have felt threatened at that moment.

Damn right! Woulda sent that guy flyin' and hope he landed on his head.

Lancear15
08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
God it would have been so entertaining if he had pummeled to death all 7 of them. But, it was still a good watch. Guy is way lucky they didn't drag him out of his car...

Sam1
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I would have shot the shirtless guy smashing my windows or at the very least run them over. I'm glad they got a beat down with that bat, should have been a mace. and lol@the guy recording getting excited

Brianguy
08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Dayum that one dude got lucky. I would have run over as many of those douche bags as possible while I was fleeing from their hostile advance :)

trickyvic
08-10-2010, 10:50 AM

+1. There's no freaking way I'm getting out of the car for a 1 vs 7 fight. Ballsy but stupid, he could of ended up dead if they had pulled him out of the car.

Caiden07
08-10-2010, 10:53 AM
There is a line between being brave or coward, the guy choose to be brave to compront 7 thugs. Sure if you have a gun in hand it will be a great equalizer, the guy have other option on the situation. He should just drive away and call 911.

a1c
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I would have kept driving. And made it a point to accelerate big time as soon as the idiot got up on my hood to make sure he remembers his fall.

But that would have been the right thing to do: do not engage the idiot when you can escape unharmed. I'd rather have a dent on my car than end up in jail or in the hospital. It's not cowardice, it's common sense.

Kodemonkey
08-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Yep... would have been my instinct. Then call the cops.

BANG BANG
08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
pedal down for sure once that idiot was on my hood

Super Spy
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Pedal down as soon as the A-hole jumped on my hood. The hard part would have been not throwing it in reverse after.....that would have taken lots of willpower.

rugershooter
08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
pedal down for sure once that idiot was on my hood

+1
LOL at the cameraman

phkk
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
dam. is it in mexico ?

Sinister_1
08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
vehicular manslaughter!

HCz
08-10-2010, 12:08 PM
LOL at the cameraman

Reminded me of that rainbow cameraman.

Seems like the driver had a nunchuks

Lancear15
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Reminded me of that rainbow cameraman.

Seems like the driver had a nunchuks

It was a small metal bat, he dropped in when he hit the last guy and that is why he had to run.

Turo
That driver beat the living crap out of those guys! I don't think I've ever seen someone get hit that hard with a bat before.
Yeah, I agreed with most everybody else, gun it as soon as idiot #1 stepped on the hood. And yeah, it would have taken every ounce of willpower I had to not put it in reverse and hit him again.

Untamed1972
Pedal down as soon as the A-hole jumped on my hood. The hard part would have been not throwing it in reverse after.....that would have taken lots of willpower.

Or circling the block and come screaming down the street again for a round of "car bowling for thugs"

Suhleen
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Lol you gotta love that 'ping' sound everytime he connects with one of them.

San FranPsycho
08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
That was awesome

Uriah02
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I would've accelerated more. If he got out of the car with a firearm it could look like he wanted the trouble because he initially left the area and then dismounted and armed to escalate the situation.

a1c
08-10-2010, 1:13 PM
I would've accelerated more. If he got out of the car with a firearm it could look like he wanted the trouble because he initially left the area and then dismounted and armed to escalate the situation.

He would have gotten in a lot of trouble if he had involved a firearm.

As satisfying as the outcome of this little story is, he acted like an idiot and got lucky.

He had every opportunity to get away rom the very beginning. Instead of bolting outta there with possibly just a small dent in his car, he chose confrontation. First by not moving, probably arguing with the assailant and threatening him of retaliation.

Then when he finally moves away - possibly having gotten his car even more dinged in the process - he gets out with a weapon. Now I'm rooting for him as I'm watching this, but he got very lucky. The outcome could have been ugly, with someone getting killed or maimed for life, and he or someone else having to answer for it.

Thankfully no firearm was involved, because that could have been worse. No way that guy would have gotten away clean had he used it on those idiots. From the beginning, if you have an escape route - in this case the gas pedal - you should take it. No shame in that (if a soldier or a platoon are outnumbered and outgunned in a battle, they'll retreat if they can, and any armchair warrior who'd call that cowardice needs a swift kick in the ***.)

That guy took a big chance, and got lucky that none of the assailants had a weapon to counter him. If they had gotten a gun and used it, he could have gotten shot dead right there. If he had had a gun and used it, he probably would have had to answer for a serious crime for escalating the confrontation.

xrMike
08-10-2010, 1:13 PM
I would have gunned it as soon as that a**hole stepped on my hood. My life would have felt threatened at that moment.Yep, and hopefully you'd take out the guy in the black shirt down the road a bit too... This response offers the most reward for the least risk. :D

powerstrokemike
08-10-2010, 1:21 PM
would of done some serious damage with my ford truck with that bozo on the hood.. lets see 500+hp 35 inch tires.. an lots of black smoke they would think they got hit by a train..

TurboChrisB
08-10-2010, 1:40 PM
Yeah, I remember watching Reginald Denny getting beat down....made me want to drive my lifted F250 down there and see who tried to make me stop by standing in front of me....ever since watching that.....someone who is overtly threatening like those guys...I wouldn't hesitate to make them a stain on the asphalt.

HotRails
08-10-2010, 3:22 PM
The couple that walked by was very lucky that the hoodlums had already been pacified! Guy was very lucky that he got away when he did though.

Pvt. Cowboy
08-10-2010, 3:23 PM
Say you were legally armed and this happened to you. How would you have handled this situation?

Many years ago I saw a drunken idiot at a frat house party walk up on the hood of someone's 300ZX while making threats. The driver peeled out and the guy walking on the car went face first into the windshield, slid over the roof, and went over the top of the louvers on the rear hatchback taking out the extended rear mounted antenna and dragging his torso across the antenna stub. He did like a three-rotation barrel roll off the rear hatchback into the ground. As a final insult, he got showered in dust and gravel as the 300ZX sped off.

Whole thing didn't even take a second, I bet. Girls shrieked, all the guys said "Oooh!" and the idiot was on the ground in a flash. His face, arms, and back looked like blood salad and the antenna stub gash looked like he got grabbed hold of by a one-clawed Bengal tiger. He was just blood and dust. He was weeping when someone helped him to their car to take him to the hospital.

One thing I remember most about the incident was some girl talking to her friends saying "I can't believe that happened, he's always such the nicest guy..."

Story was the guy who got hurt was furious because the 300ZX driver was merely talking to his ex-girlfriend at the party. Yes, alcohol was involved. Rivers of it. I said that it was a frat house party, didn't I?

Stay way from drunks and druggies, CalGuns pals.

Shady
08-10-2010, 3:57 PM
HHHAHAHAHAH that dude was like bruce lee

safewaysecurity
08-10-2010, 4:11 PM
Pop up through the roof of the car with the Browning 50 BMG and give em about 10 seconds.

SkyStorm82
08-10-2010, 4:13 PM
Someone should have called the police for a carjacking in progress....

Jpach
08-10-2010, 4:49 PM
Holy Crap. That was nuts!

Although the guy in the car put a nice beatdown on those *******s, it was still very risky and very dumpdumb. He could have gotten KOd and cornholed for all we know.

I would never do anything like that unless I had no way out of that situation, unlike this guy. He could have and should have just driven off but he decided to stay and play.

Nice seeing punks get dropped though.

bigmike82
08-10-2010, 4:52 PM
I generally don't like to see people getting hit with bats...

But I'll make an exception in this case. :D

mk3mitch
08-10-2010, 5:01 PM
Well, since we live in a nanny state, I would have sped off and called the police,even if I were armed. Were I not concerned about jail time and my loss of freedom, I would have shot the shirtless one. That would be the right thing to do. But hey, this is America. You can't go around doing that! I bet if they find out who the guy with that bat is, he will face jail time for standing up for himself.

Diabolus
08-10-2010, 5:41 PM
That guy is a superhero.

trickyvic
08-10-2010, 5:46 PM
That guy is a superhero.

Yup, Kick-@SS! :clap:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/trickyvic/040810_voc_kickass_half.jpg

Frozenguy
08-10-2010, 6:10 PM
I would of wanted to get out and teach those guys a lesson, but I'm not superman lol, especially vs a group of men. I would of kept driving but call authorities..

It makes me mad though when people do that and get away. So I feel like I would want to do something to make sure he/they got whats coming to them.

After him getting out of the car, I think his next "bad" mistake was going too far from the car. He got some good hits in, cleared them away a bit, but then pursued. I would of gone back to the car (with bat in hand).

SLYoteBoy
08-10-2010, 6:33 PM
awesome. to bad some were'nt still lying on the ground after the first PATTTTINGGGGG

Burnout
08-10-2010, 6:50 PM
He should carry one of those instead, it would never escalate to a fight imo.

http://www.kershaw-knives.net/images/Kershaw-camp-axe-KS1018-350x350.gif

Regarding his actions, some people can swallow the insult and some sleep better at night if they don't. Overall itís kinda sad to see how society is *****fied nowadays.

FatalKitty
08-10-2010, 7:20 PM
guy saw KICKASS too many times

I would have done the same thing tho

Norccer
08-10-2010, 7:32 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss. Yesssssssssssssssssss. :43:

Guy recording killed me.

Desert_Rat
08-10-2010, 8:04 PM
I don't know why,but I like the sound of an aluminum baseball bat upside that dudes Brain Housing Group.
Reminds Me of that song by Primus "My Name is Mud"

bambam8d1
08-10-2010, 8:05 PM
He should have busted out like the weatherman.... Now that I carry a bow and arrow, people dont bother me anymore

bjl333
08-10-2010, 8:19 PM
20 years ago I probably done the same thing. 2 kids and wife ... pedal to the metal watch him fly over the moonroof then 911 !!!

bruceflinch
08-10-2010, 8:42 PM
The Driver was nuts for stopping & getting out of the car. That said, I'm disappointed all the thugs were still standing, afterwards..

223Devil
08-10-2010, 8:46 PM
Looked like nunchucks to me. Anyway, something like this happened to me and a friend after leaving a club in SF. Friend was driving through a crowd blocking the street. They busted the window with a bat and glass cut through my friend's neck. Someone also slashed 2 of our rear tires. My window was open and they tried to drag me out. Friend hit the gas and took off.

CenterX
08-10-2010, 9:03 PM
Very crazy gang of boys.
Adrenaline is a dangerous chemical.
Drive away and live to play.
If the door gets pulled open or widow broken and hands groping and pulling - it is time for the Beetles - "Happiness is a warm gun!" or Queen - "and another one bits the dust!"
Better to drive away and live to play.

turbogg
08-10-2010, 9:10 PM
How high on crack were those guys?! To get hit with a baseball bat that hard.............................................. ....... and it only made them more agro!

Cali-Shooter
08-10-2010, 9:18 PM
Only a matter of time before Oaklander gets here. If you'll notice at 0:14 in the video, the driver who got harassed by the street hoodlums honked at them in anger, further upping their violence and rage at the "offending" driver. If it were me, I would just floor it, no honking, no gesturing, no eye contact, windows up, and if one of those punks happen to have been in the way, then let them eat asphalt.

paintballergb
08-10-2010, 9:32 PM
He did the opposite of what I would have done. I would have thrown it in reverse and steered my wheel right in to a parked car and crushed those mother****ers.

HotRails
08-10-2010, 9:37 PM
If you'll notice towards the end of the video as the guy with the bat is swinging and proceeding further down the street, one of the attackers gets behind a car. If the guy with the bat had gone further he would have been attacked from behind and most likely stomped to death. Luckily, he was street smart and knew his limits and turned back before it happened.

dobek
08-10-2010, 9:49 PM
I would have had a new hood ornament - and that a hole would be flying - -

But I sure would love to circle the block and see how many are standing after "bowling for idiots" is over.....

Steve

andalusi
08-10-2010, 10:08 PM
dam. is it in mexico ?

Yeah, the US flags, license plates, and everyone speaking English was only because it's in the Gringotown district of the town, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

adrenaline
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
20 years ago I probably done the same thing. 2 kids and wife ... pedal to the metal watch him fly over the moonroof then 911 !!!This.

Back in the day, I actually had a set of nunchaku in my vehicle for these types of situation and was very good at using them.

Today, it would be no honking...gun it...dial 911. Let them chase my car, while I give dispatcher my location on my GPS...keep gunning just enough to keep them at me while LEO comes to my aid.

:D

Get them arrested in the act, and then have them pay for the damages to my car.

Note: I'm surprised that bat swing didn't pulverize that dude's skull. Either, he didn't have the strength in his swing or he was pretty conscious of the damage he could have done and held back so that he inflicted enough damage to stop rather than to kill. I've always found it hard to hold back when that adrenaline is flowing.

santamonica9
08-10-2010, 10:27 PM
looks like new york or new jersey - for sure east coast IMO, no one calls the cops and just watch the fun

I would have gassed it enough to fling him off the car and then reversed it and seen if he want to play more :) then "bowling for idiots" shall begin

He does have balls of alluminum just like that bat or his brain is empty again just like the bat

I do agree with other posters, never go after the idiots, keep that bat in hand and get back in the car, he got super lucky at towards the end - i loved the video cam operator "YES" pang "YES" pang.....

battleship
08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
The balls on that guy for getting out of his car, i would of preferred to see him dish out some Collateral style - Hey homie is that my briefcase, on these punks, that would of made a good video, there only tough when there together.

groovielou
08-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Step on the hood, accelerate, drive away, call Police.

BUT if for some reason, I was not able to continue fleeing in the vehicle and 7 guys were coming at me...

If alone: Exit the vehicle, attempt to flee, if 7 gave chase, Draw CCW Firearm and draw down, if still being perused, pretend they are zombies and drop the closest work my way to the last.

If with Wife and Kids: Have the wife call the Police, Exit vehicle, draw down on closest follow by warning, then Zombie time.

Scratch705
08-10-2010, 10:37 PM
to answer op, if i had a gun on me, with at least 2 magazines loaded there would be at least 1 dead on the street and it most likely would have been the one that stepped on the hood of my car. more if the rest of the idiots had the balls to stick around after their buddy goes down.

idiots like that, don't deserve to live.

a1c
08-10-2010, 10:42 PM
to answer op, if i had a gun on me, with at least 2 magazines loaded there would be at least 1 dead on the street and it most likely would have been the one that stepped on the hood of my car. more if the rest of the idiots had the balls to stick around after their buddy goes down.

idiots like that, don't deserve to live.

If you're going to shoot dead a guy and his buddies for stepping on the hood of your car instead of just driving away, I'm not sure you should be owning firearms.

seanbo
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I would have got out my chainsaw!

Plisk
08-10-2010, 10:59 PM
If you're going to shoot dead a guy and his buddies for stepping on the hood of your car instead of just driving away, I'm not sure you should be owning firearms.

+1

Bad plan Scratch. You're not Supercop.

Scratch705
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
+1

Bad plan Scratch. You're not Supercop.
never said i was.

so shooting a guy standing on the hood of my car is a no-no, but yet some posters here have said they would have gunned the car and let him fly off the car, and 1 poster even mentioned putting it into reverse and running them over after he hits the ground..........

hmmm seems like selective reading? what makes my choice worse than those others? b/c a gun in involved? a person jumping on the hood of my car can do dangerous damage, what if he started to kick the windshield? shatter the glass which makes it impossible to see out the front safely and drive off. and lets say i did "gun it" and drive off making him fly off, but then b/c of the impaired vision i hit a innocent bystander at the end of that street? how do you answer for that? instead of making sure a scum of the earth dies, you are now responsible for killing an innocent bystander.

If you're going to shoot dead a guy and his buddies for stepping on the hood of your car instead of just driving away, I'm not sure you should be owning firearms.fine how about this, i'll won't use the gun, i'll just full throttle the car, run him over, and also back up over him a few times. there, that makes me sane enough to own guns in your mind now right?

Dead*Reckoned
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
never said i was.

so shooting a guy standing on the hood of my car is a no-no, but yet some posters here have said they would have gunned the car and let him fly off the car, and 1 poster even mentioned putting it into reverse and running them over after he hits the ground..........

hmmm seems like selective reading? what makes my choice worse than those others? b/c a gun in involved? a person jumping on the hood of my car can do dangerous damage, what if he started to kick the windshield? shatter the glass which makes it impossible to see out the front safely and drive off. and lets say i did "gun it" and drive off making him fly off, but then b/c of the impaired vision i hit a innocent bystander at the end of that street? how do you answer for that? instead of making sure a scum of the earth dies, you are now responsible for killing an innocent bystander.

fine how about this, i'll won't use the gun, i'll just full throttle the car, run him over, and also back up over him a few times. there, that makes me sane enough to own guns in your mind now right?

The idea is to get away from the situation, not escalate it. Pulling a gun would only make things worse because you would be shooting an unarmed and belligerent fool. Those that mention throwing it in reverse are in the wrong also.

If we lived in a free state I would agree with you, but if you have the chance to escape, why not take it?

iareConfusE
08-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I was kinda hoping that one or two of the guys at the end would get run over. I'ts too bad none of them got knocked out at the time of being nailed with the bat. I wonder what those guys were on for them to become so belligerent as to just look for random cars passing by to start trouble with. Cocaine is one hell of a drug :D

The guy that got out was ballsy as hell, but as of right now, he's a hero to me.

If that happened to me I would have just gunned it once the guy stepped on my hood.

KillZone45
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Truthfully I would have gunned it then called the Police, but if I was in a free state like Texas or AZ, etc. I would have got out with my firearm and held them till the Police came, and if the shirtless guy advanced on me after repeated warnings I would have shot him in the legs. Teach him not to pull that crap again, I def wouldn't have shot to kill just maim :)

bjl333
08-11-2010, 1:04 AM
Ummm ... Now I gotta put a wrist strap on my bat !!!!

Sillyguy
08-11-2010, 1:08 AM
bat man!

BillCA
08-11-2010, 1:40 AM
Or circling the block and come screaming down the street again for a round of "car bowling for thugs"
Winner of funniest comment!

In this case, the driver had a decently clear road and wasn't blocked in by other vehicles...though there was some pedestrian traffic.

Solution: See situation developing. Check six o'clock for BG's or other traffic. When Mr.Shirtless tries to step on the hood, gun the engine whilst turning left slightly. Throws his balace off to your right and hopefully he faceplants on the rightside A-pillar before being flung aside into parked cars. Keep driving until clear. Call local PD and report, especially if there is damage to your vehicle. Report as a 7:1 carjacking.

Merc1138
08-11-2010, 2:08 AM
I'd have floored it when the guy got on the hood of the car, taken off, and called the cops.

The guy was an idiot for getting out of his car, bat or otherwise.

toopercentmlk
08-11-2010, 10:15 AM
If i had a gun on me I would've avoided confrontation as much as possible, that would include burning rubber the second there was a shoe on my hood. I've been car jacked before, and I'm confident that I wont hesitate to run someone down to protect myself and my precious cargo after failing to do so before, and after some encouragement from various LEOs.

xxdabroxx
08-11-2010, 11:37 AM
he escalated the situation by exiting the vehicle. Should have stayed in the car and drove off.

Look up the use of force ladder.

evidens83
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Very ballsy but I commend him. Icing on the cake is if he would've pulled out a gun once he lost his bat. Guaranteed the tough guys wont be so tough anymore.

bigmike82
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
"Guaranteed the tough guys wont be so tough anymore."
Wrong. Sane and rational people don't stomp on cars and smash their windows in a fit of drug-induced agression. You really think they'd stop because of a gun?

evidens83
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
"Guaranteed the tough guys wont be so tough anymore."
Wrong. Sane and rational people don't stomp on cars and smash their windows in a fit of drug-induced agression. You really think they'd stop because of a gun?

With shots fired? Yes I honestly beleive they'd stop. Only reason they didn't is because it was a bat. Bats aren't that intimidating say compared to a machete, sword, or a firearm. I've seen my share of brawls and bats dont cut it. I've seen a guy bust out a machete and fight is over.

bigmike82
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
"I've seen a guy bust out a machete and fight is over. "
Yes. With normal people.

Shirtless dude was completely off the rocker. He took a HIT TO THE HEAD with a bat, and kept going. Whether it was PCP, crack, coke or whatever, he wasn't thinking straight.

Then, he keeps going and you shoot him. Now you've killed an unarmed individual. His buddies, already drunk, suddenly see one of their unarmed friends get killed, in front of them. I guarantee you at least one or two would have the balls to charge you...and then what? You shoot them too?

Now you've got three unarmed dead dudes to deal with. Good luck escaping the legal system with anything resembling a normal-sized anus.

My point is simply this. Don't pull a gun unless you're justified in using it, then and there. Pulling a gun as a deterrent (as a civilian) can come back to bite you in the ***. Seven fools causing property damage isn't a case where you can lawfully shoot. Causing the situation to escalate is going to be a bad idea.

evidens83
08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
7 vs 1? Wouldn't you feel like you're life is threatened? Forget he didn't do the right thing and drive off and call 911. He confronted them so thats that. What would be his choice now but to shoot? Whats the point of legally carrying a gun if not for such a situation? Is he supposed to wait until he gets his *** beat before he can draw?

bigmike82
08-11-2010, 1:32 PM
"Wouldn't you feel like you're life is threatened?"
Absolutely.

But you can't ignoring the preceeding circumstances, which is what makes all the difference in the world.

jaustin612
08-11-2010, 7:38 PM
I would have redlined my hemi as soon as he jumped on the hood. ****em all.

a1c
08-11-2010, 8:38 PM
7 vs 1? Wouldn't you feel like you're life is threatened? Forget he didn't do the right thing and drive off and call 911. He confronted them so thats that. What would be his choice now but to shoot? Whats the point of legally carrying a gun if not for such a situation? Is he supposed to wait until he gets his *** beat before he can draw?

He put himself in that position. He escalated the fight.

All he had to do was to drive away as soon as the idiot came to his car and started provoking him. At that point the guy who was climbing on his car was being restrained by his buddy. But no. Instead he just stalled there, probably threatening the guy, and then drove down the block, and got out with a weapon. Now, instead of just one guy kicking his car, he's got a whole posse to fight. He got very lucky no one else was armed, and that those guys didn't try to rush him.

He behaved like a total idiot. He got very, very lucky.

Lil Bawbee
08-12-2010, 4:02 AM
Immagine what was goin through that guys head while he's playing tball with their head and they're still standing.... I bet it wasn't what he was expecting. I've been hit with a. Dodgers bat it sucks but it wasn't as bad as you'd think

FatalKitty
08-12-2010, 7:11 PM
"Wouldn't you feel like you're life is threatened?"
Absolutely.

But you can't ignoring the preceeding circumstances, which is what makes all the difference in the world.

yea, because tucking tail and running is what we do in this nanny state.

no thanks - i'm not leaving those thugs to assault the next person who comes driving by, who may just be someone's wife or daughter - or son, brother, father or anyone for that matter. Those thugs would have got more and more ballsy, and the next person may not be so lucky to be able to defend themselvs.

I'm for sure gonna dial 911, then get out of the car.
anyone that sees a gun and advances on it, has the intention of murder - you don't run at someone with a gun if you're afraid of it.

Falstaff
08-12-2010, 8:58 PM
I hope he had a ball glove in the car too!

Falstaff
08-12-2010, 9:00 PM
Whether it was PCP, crack, coke or whatever, he wasn't thinking straight.

Betcha it was Budweiser...

Falstaff
08-12-2010, 9:03 PM
Pulling a gun as a deterrent (as a civilian) can come back to bite you in the ***. Seven fools causing property damage isn't a case where you can lawfully shoot. Causing the situation to escalate is going to be a bad idea.

I know you're right about what you say there, but what fundamentally bothers me about this is that a cop in that situation prolly woulda lit them up and he'd face little or no "bites in the ***" and that pisses me off. Why can't we defend ourselves just like the police do? Are their lives any more valuable?

Cali-Shooter
08-13-2010, 12:13 AM
yea, because tucking tail and running is what we do in this nanny state.

no thanks - i'm not leaving those thugs to assault the next person who comes driving by, who may just be someone's wife or daughter - or son, brother, father or anyone for that matter. Those thugs would have got more and more ballsy, and the next person may not be so lucky to be able to defend themselvs.

I'm for sure gonna dial 911, then get out of the car.
anyone that sees a gun and advances on it, has the intention of murder - you don't run at someone with a gun if you're afraid of it.

Your post got me thinking about how selfish and individualistic our beloved nanny state has made us. Basically, if noone confronts these scumbag punks, and each person runs from them in fear and or safety reasons, then it would only be a matter of time before the punks attack a victim that couldn't run away or fight the bastards off.

/semi-off topic (I don't believe the use of guns against these punks would hold well in court or would have been a good idea)

Our legal system and anti-gun laws make it hard to be able to confront violent belligerents with the necessary tools when needed, and when we do use guns for self-defense, we face the whole grand-f##king microscope and dissecting scalpel of legal examination, scrutiny, and threat of incarceration.

/back on-topic

So basically, because of how it could be too much of a legal hassle to confront and possibly fight off or even draw a gun on these wanton criminals, we as citizens are essentially forced (by threat of legal destruction) to avoid confrontation at all costs, possibly risking a much less capable innocent person to fall victim to these belligerents. Great, ain't it?

gotgunz
08-13-2010, 1:25 AM

And 2 through the windshield as I stepped on the throttle. Stop, reverse repeat throttle portion.

BillCA
08-13-2010, 5:45 AM
I know you're right about what you say there, but what fundamentally bothers me about this is that a cop in that situation prolly woulda lit them up and he'd face little or no "bites in the ***" and that pisses me off. Why can't we defend ourselves just like the police do? Are their lives any more valuable?

Perhaps they are.

Actually, it's been a long standing position in our country that a perpetrator who will attack an armed police officer and do serious or fatal injury will not hesitate in the least to kill any citizen, armed or not. By and large, that position has been proven true all too often.

Laws that increase the penalties for assault, ADW and homicide against police officers exist to (a)help protect police from being routinely injured and (b)serve to punish the violence-prone individuals who will attack an armed officer on the theory that they will have no qualms against attacking you or me.

luckystrike
08-13-2010, 6:14 AM
throw it in reverse and go back for more:reddevil:

evidens83
08-13-2010, 7:46 AM
Your post got me thinking about how selfish and individualistic our beloved nanny state has made us. Basically, if noone confronts these scumbag punks, and each person runs from them in fear and or safety reasons, then it would only be a matter of time before the punks attack a victim that couldn't run away or fight the bastards off.

/semi-off topic (I don't believe the use of guns against these punks would hold well in court or would have been a good idea)

Our legal system and anti-gun laws make it hard to be able to confront violent belligerents with the necessary tools when needed, and when we do use guns for self-defense, we face the whole grand-f##king microscope and dissecting scalpel of legal examination, scrutiny, and threat of incarceration.

/back on-topic

So basically, because of how it could be too much of a legal hassle to confront and possibly fight off or even draw a gun on these wanton criminals, we as citizens are essentially forced (by threat of legal destruction) to avoid confrontation at all costs, possibly risking a much less capable innocent person to fall victim to these belligerents. Great, ain't it?

Great post.

a1c
08-13-2010, 8:00 AM

/back on-topic

Well, your post would make a great argument against shall-issue.

J-cat
08-13-2010, 8:00 AM
Keep on driving. Once you get out of that car, you are considered a mutual combatant and will suffer legal pain in additional to the physical pain.

Decoligny
08-13-2010, 8:12 AM

I figure I would floor it, he would fall onto the roof or windshield, then I would slam the brakes, he would slide off the front and hit the pavement, then I would floor it again. :D

J-cat
08-13-2010, 8:47 AM
Yeah! I'd get my can of brake cleaner and my Zippo lighter and...

rudeboy3
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Now what I would love to do and what I would have actually done are two different things and I think others agree:o

GeorgeOfTheLiberalJungle
08-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Me too. I would of floored it then once I cleared the street id call the police.

Mad Scotsman
08-13-2010, 5:20 PM
pedal to the metal! Wouldn't have even thought 1911.

jaytee
08-13-2010, 8:26 PM
What effing *******s. They totally deserve an *** kicking, on every level.
Of course the right thing to do would be pedal to the metal and a call to 911.
I think we all would like to think we would get out and **** with them - either way I guess you just don't know who you're messing with. These guys messed with the wrong guy, yes he could've gotten his *** kicked but by the same token he could've made a quick phone call and gotten his own reinforcements.
I don't really know what my point is but holy **** was it cool seeing that guy stick up for himself, good for him!

Code7inOaktown
08-14-2010, 2:56 AM
Yeah, the US flags, license plates, and everyone speaking English was only because it's in the Gringotown district of the town, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

It may be even worse than Gringotown, Tijuana, Detroit or Oakland: the video is flagged as Boston (I'm guessing South Boston).

(; Just giving Boston a hard time.

Although, I can tell you that in Oakland, the outcome likely would have been a bit different knowing how my fellow Oaklanders are all illegally armed ready to draw down on each other.

offdeez
08-14-2010, 1:28 PM
From the sound of the bat cracking cranium it sounded like he got a few base hits. Too bad the guy swinging only had warning track power. Those tweaks were definitately on one, and yeah, if this happened here in the bay, best believe at least 1 of those guys if not all of them would be strapped. The back window of that car would have been shot out for sure and the car would have looked like Swiss cheese! Silly Bostonians

DPC
08-14-2010, 1:49 PM
I would have shot him right in the face!!!

Mendo223
08-14-2010, 2:43 PM
guy had dumb bravery. any of those 7 guys could have had a pistol. while he showed good skills swinging the bats on those idiots...he narrowly escaped a beatdown and being dragged from his car. plus, now he has a broken window because of the incident.

i would have gunned the car the second dude got on my hood and sped off. whats the point of hanging around there, who was the driver trying to prove himself too? stupid.

zod
08-14-2010, 6:22 PM
Stupid or not stupid. I give him credit. It had the potential to end up bad, but it didn't. I know I enjoyed watching those punks getting what was coming to'em. Maybe the next time they'll think twice. By the sounds of the bat connecting, should be some nice big KNOTS on those fools heads the next morning. BTW, I absolutely LOVE IT when I see people get beatdown for starting sh*t and it's somebody just minding their own business.

23 Blast
08-14-2010, 8:17 PM
All I was thinking after watching that video was that I was surprised that none of the punks went down after getting hit VERY HARD with an aluminum baseball bat. You'd think that a solid swing of a bat from a grown man (and from the video, he looked like a big, strong man) to any part of the anatomy would be a disabling shot for sure.

In any case, I applaud this guy's (rage induced) courage, but yes, he could very well have wound up dead.

Spiggy
08-14-2010, 8:57 PM
He should have busted out like the weatherman.... Now that I carry a bow and arrow, people dont bother me anymore

Rick, where'd you get the handgrenade? :D

in the video, one of the thug's friends was warning the drivers to drive away. First one got the message.

The guy with a bat obviously doesn't know how to use it. Had he drilled it and filled it with an expanding foam the shock would be lessened (thus, not lose the grip so easily) and the target would have felt more punch. -just saying...

Rob454
08-14-2010, 8:58 PM
The smart person in me tells me to gun it take off call the cops give description bla bla bla

The bad person in me tells me to kneecap that brainless wonder. but all that woudl get me is a huge lawsuit and everything I own going to the lawyers or the thug.

Now if he was able to open my door and tried to grab and drag me out ESPECIALLY if I was with my wife/family he and probably anyone standing near him would of gotten shot and i wouldn't aim to wound

bombadillo
08-14-2010, 9:36 PM
I actually don't have anything in my car that I would feel I wouldn't get killed by 4-5 more of them after I took the first one or two out. I have a machete in my car used for lawn care and camping, but I would bet I got jumped so badly by the other few I wasn't handling that it would end poorly. Somebody suggested pepper spray and I think that bear spray would be aptly appropriate for a situation like this. Its got a lot of range, a lot of volume, and would probably at least blind the idiots that are going after you enough that you could get away from him. I don't think pepper spray would work unless you got like a 4oz bottle or bigger of OC gas on a situation like this. My main survival methods on situations like this are not to get into this situation at all; don't drive in neighborhoods known for gang activity after dark. Don't pursue people in a large group when you are essentially unarmed and by yourself.

As a side note there's a good chance that he isn't just the nice upstanding citizen and that he is involved in some sort of activity where these guys may cross paths again someday. Just sayin..

stitchnicklas
08-14-2010, 9:40 PM
actually iwas in a situation like the video once,me and 4 friends were jumped by 30 guys,in the street i ran over 3 of them,spent about 2 hrs in a cop car,then i was asked if i wanted to press charges on them.... i declined since they obviously lost and i was untouched.....:smilielol5::smilielol5:

bsg
08-14-2010, 9:45 PM
thanks for sharing; life can throw some curves at you.

bombadillo
08-14-2010, 9:49 PM
Reading the comments, somebody said this is in brooklyn. Anybody confirm this??

Doheny
08-14-2010, 9:51 PM
The Driver was nuts for stopping & getting out of the car. That said, I'm disappointed all the thugs were still standing, afterwards..

Yup.

As to the being armed question, you'd be in hot water if you shot them, especially with it on film. Their attorney (the DA, actually) would have asked why you stopped and felt the need to use deadly force.

Re: his use of the bat, he wasn't swinging very well. If he was using both hands any contact he made should have taken those guys down.

Dan FS71
08-15-2010, 8:21 PM
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter

/back on-topic

Well, your post would make a great argument against shall-issue.

Used to have friends like this - as I got older I realized quality over quantity. Simply ask yourself a few questions:
1) What would have happened (IF) the guy who got out was an off duty cop? ==> He would have a duty to engage. We as citizens have the same duty to (try) and protect each other..

Any citizen has the right to use lethal force to protect the life of another... Your interperation - a1c - is he gets out to serve some payback. It is clear to me (as stated by Cali-Shooter ) and others this guy was CLEARLY unable to leave a dangerous situation for someone LESS capable to fall pray to. When he did all he could saftely, to ameliorate the situation, he bounced.

Instead of trying to find a legal reason to excuse assault and battery and convict a rightous citizen for doing good, while at the same time argueing to deny good citizens the right to protect themselves and others through CCW; Why not come on board and support those who do right.
Rant off::D
Sweet vid, great action, excellant sound and narration. And a happy ending to boot. I give it two thumbs up:party:

gnatnoop
08-16-2010, 2:40 PM

this, hopefully it would have caused that ******* to break his neck.. would teach him

gnatnoop
08-16-2010, 2:52 PM
looks like new york or new jersey - for sure east coast IMO, no one calls the cops and just watch the fun

I would have gassed it enough to fling him off the car and then reversed it and seen if he want to play more :) then "bowling for idiots" shall begin

He does have balls of alluminum just like that bat or his brain is empty again just like the bat

I do agree with other posters, never go after the idiots, keep that bat in hand and get back in the car, he got super lucky at towards the end - i loved the video cam operator "YES" pang "YES" pang.....

im told it is in Massachusetts

SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
08-16-2010, 3:23 PM
Even though it was 7 vs. 1, batboy was in the wrong b/c although the video shows the BGs initiated the situation, batboy had a duty to retreat once he had a peaceful exit route. Instead of mitigating/diffusing the situation, his ego got the best of him and he escalated the situation and added fuel to the fire (attacking w/ a deadly weapon).

Anyways, gotta love the equalizer. I always carry a whiffled aluminum bat in my truck along with a couple baseball gloves and hard/soft balls so I can always argue the use is purely recreational.

Code7inOaktown
08-17-2010, 3:48 PM
Reading the comments, somebody said this is in brooklyn. Anybody confirm this??

Multiple copies of it on Youtube flag it as Boston...but that doesn't mean anything.

m98
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I would apply 3000+lbs of force on the mofo as soon as he jumped on my hood. Then, put in reverse and give em the taste of 40" krawler rubber.

joedogboy
08-18-2010, 1:39 AM
Based on their behavior, I would have been leaving the area at a high rate of speed (whatever the speed limit is) and getting to a safe area, then calling the local PD to report it. I would probably be stepping on the gas about 14 seconds into the video. Too bad about the guy who was jumping on my car and trying to assault me. I was afraid, and my panic response may have been to push down on the accelerator more than I intended to.

Not only is a car often deadlier than a gun, it is a lot easier for your lawyer to keep you out of jail with a vehicular assault.