PDA

View Full Version : Dreams involving guns (and weapons failures)

TonyNorCal
04-30-2006, 3:33 PM
This thread is motivated by Bu-Bye's post in the 'what guns do you sleep with' thread. He mentions that he's had dreams in which his rounds seem to have no discernable effect on a bad guy.

This reminds me of dreams I have had (one last night even) in which I experience some sort of weapons-related failure. I believe last night's dream involved my weapon (which I believe was some sort of AK) failing to fire. Either pulling the trigger with no effect or trying to charge it, etc...don't remember exactly.

I have had variants of such dreams many times...basically I am armed and people closing and something keeps going wrong with the weapon.

Any of you have such dreams?

VeryCoolCat
04-30-2006, 3:50 PM
Nah nothing close to that. I've had a dream where I was caught in an explosion and my right arm had been shredded from bits of shrapnel and when I woke up, i had rolled over and fallen asleep on my right arm and it had fallen asleep. :D

ohsmily
04-30-2006, 4:03 PM
DEFINITELY had dreams like that before...they are the WORST

Mine consisted of me defending against multiple intruders and having a great first shot on them with one my USPs. BUT, the trigger was too heavy to pull in my dream. In the dream, I checked the safety, and that wasn't it...the trigger was simply too heavy for me to pull...it was weird. I think this stems from the fact that I don't like the trigger on my HK much compared to some of my other guns.

Oh, and later in the dream, I got shots off, but they were not effective. Even when I scored clear hits, they kept coming.

Having disclosed the above, I am not a nut who is constantly afraid of attack. Paranoia is not a consuming factor in my life.

Pulsar
04-30-2006, 4:33 PM
Funny you posted this, cause last night (actually this morning) I was having a dream that I was playing around with an MG42, kept firing nice burst just screwing around. Woke up after firing a couple of bursts, yet I was still hearing the gun firing. Had a stupid woodpecker pounding on the side of the wall to my bedroom, really messed with my dreams.

glen avon
04-30-2006, 5:13 PM
sometimes I dream that I am at school with no pants on. but it's OK, because the chicks dig it. other times, I am carrying two large glasses of milk, then my father trips me. I get so mad, especially when I don't have my pants on. so I attack him but he gives me a solid moe howard eye poke and then I am blind, blind.

then, it seems as though there is part of me that is dark, and hidden, where answers are, in the form of an opposite of myself, but it is split into three parts. one of the parts is very impulsive and lusty, one is strict and staid, the other is defensive and introspective.

then all of a sudden I hear a bell and start to drool. next, I am in a maze, and if I get to the end there is a little bar I push and a piece of cheese comes out. but soon it's cheese or dope, cheese or dope, cheese or dope. all the while somebody is saying "rosebud" over and over. when I wake up, patrick stewart is always looking at me and I see some papers saying "MKULTRA." I am in a wheelchair that goes rolling down some stairs, but julia roberts rescues me.

once, I dreamed that again the atoms were juggling before my eyes…my mind's eye, sharpened by repeated sights of a similar kind., could now distinguish larger structures of different forms and in long chains, many of them close together; everything was moving in a snake-like and twisting manner. Suddenly…one of the snakes got hold of its own tail and the whole structure was mockingly twisting in front of my eyes. As if struck by lightning, I awoke.

Every time I look in the mirror, all these lines on my face getting clearer. The past is gone. It went by, like dusk to dawn. Isn't that the way? Everybody's got their dues in life to pay. Yeah, I know nobody knows, where it comes and where it goes. I know it's everybody's sin, you got to lose to know how to win. Half my life is in books' written pages. Lived and learned from fools and from sages; you know it's true, all the things come back to you.

but if I really concentrate, it's like my soul leaves my body, but they re still connected by a silvery thread. my spirit flies away, so far and so fast that I can see things that happened in the past, as those events are just reaching me. when I look real close, I can see Jimmy Hoffa, he's getting in a car at a diner, and then

steel-cut
04-30-2006, 5:16 PM
You guys need to spend more time with your significant other instead of your guns. Oh wait, this is same exact thing that my wife tells me :D

Jeff Rambo
04-30-2006, 6:55 PM
Me explaining the dreams/thoughts I have... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=282099&postcount=35)

taloft
04-30-2006, 7:46 PM
Except for glen avon who is spouting song lyrics and who knows what else.;) Most of these sound like anxiety dreams.
Kinda like when you dream that your teeth are falling out, or have the consistency of marshmallows. Apparently, the teeth dream is a common one in our society. I knew that psyc. 120 class would come in handy one day.:D

NRAhighpowershooter
04-30-2006, 7:49 PM
My bad gun dreams iinvlove me trying to fire my handguns at a bad guy and it seems my weapons ALL have a 20lb + trigger pull

AW-FANATIC
04-30-2006, 8:27 PM
Now I can tell the girlfriend im not crazy and other gun owners also have these dreams. Mine are always the safety jams or the gun just doesn't fire. Nice to know I'm in good company.

Wiggawam
04-30-2006, 9:36 PM
Had one of these last night, see the round impact and they keep on coming. Just go down dammit!

bbq_ribs
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I had a dream like that. I was firing round after round and this huge crazy guy just wasn't going down. Then my Glock started jamming (I don't think I've EVER had it jam in real life) and I was like "WTF?!"

I gotta stop surfing calguns before going to bed. Or even worse, surfing calguns while i'm IN bed. Damn AirPort card makes it too easy!

NeoWeird
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I never have firearm dreams like that, but I do have VERY similar ones.

I always get dreams (maybe once every other month or so) where my fiancee's ex breaks into our home and we get into a fight. However, there is like a HUGE air cushion around him so when I go to hit him I get within a foot of his face and my arm just slows down almost to a stand still. As hard as I push, it just doesn't go faster. It's the most frustrating dream in the world, because even when we are grappling on the ground, it's like I am moving normal speed, but the second I go to touch him, it just slows down and softly touches him.

I guess that is kind of like the whole 100 lb trigger pull/ineffective bullets dreams.

HillBilly
05-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I also have the heavy trigger pull dream, as well and the bullets having little effect on my opponent.

Oddly enough, almost all of these dreams include me trying to shut the door before the guy gets closer, only to find the door is too small to fit in the door frame. :confused:

JWC6
05-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I dreamt that my carrier keys weren't staked properly.

I actually had to get up and check...

My wife was not amused.:(

glen avon
05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Except for glen avon who is spouting song lyrics and who knows what else.;) ...

I hope you are kidding, as I reference freudian psychoanalysis, jungian analysis, pavlov's early behavorial work, skinner's seminal behavorial work, the famous dream where benzene's aromatic structure was discovered, the classic at school without pants dream, and even astral projection in my post. as to aerosmith - well, dream on....

grammaton76
05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't dream that often. But when I do, my firearms work flawlessly.

My most notable dream was the one I had back in Tennessee. I was in a shopping mall, things were normal, and it was fairly crowded. Then, I noticed that all the stores were selling was yellow #2 pencils. Weird, but ok. I mean, as I look around, the stores are still the pet store, candy store, etc, but in place of the merchandise, it's just walls and walls of #2 pencils. And people are excited and are buying them. Ok, weird, but not threatening.

Then I watch as an attractive woman takes her newly bought pencil from the jerky cart, smiles broadly, and jams it into her throat. Right where a man's adam's apple would be. She rams it in halfway or so, and it's sticking out. I look around, and everyone is doing this. There's a little trail of blood, but nothing fatal. Then they start walking like zombies. The pencils are controlling them. There's a minute or so where they're all jamming pencils into their throats, and they hand pencils to the very few shoppers who hadn't already bought pencils, and either they jam them into their throats or they hold them down to jam the pencils into their throats.

I'm walking along towards Sears, figuring that if I keep walking normally, perhaps they won't notice. Doesn't work that way. I get that funny feeling behind me, and turn around and look - they've formed a wall of people, and speak as one voice, asking me why I don't have a pencil yet.

I answer that I don't really want one. That's not good enough. They try to sell me on a pencil, then try to order me to take one and put it in my throat. One of them walks up to me with a pencil in his outstretched hand, intending to insert it in my throat.

It's about this time that I realized it was a dream, at which point I decided to kill them all. I materialized two H&K MP5's, with 30rd mags pre-loaded with mercury tipped hollow points (yes, I actually was that detailed) and laser sights. At that point, I took aim and started firing.

The first pencil-zombie went down right away, then the rest of the wall started advancing. I opened fire on the group, dropped a bunch of 'em, they kept coming. I kept shooting them, eventually dropping the whole group - when mags went dry, I'd push the ejects (which were AR-15 like, I have no idea where the mag release should be on an MP5) and materialized new mags in the magwells. I noticed the Sears behind me was closed off, so I was going to have to walk through the mall.

I killed every single person in the mall.

That's the most vivid/weird/out-there gun dream I've had, but I never seem to have failures to fire. However, there was the recent time when I had an FN 57 and was being chased by a bunch of celebrity zombies dressed as pirates around a fancy beverly hills type mansion. The dude from Leprechaun was annoying, he kept ducking through dog doors and such. I kept having to scrounge around for loose rounds, because I used my entire mag and then would go looking around and sometimes find a bullet or two.

NeoWeird
05-01-2006, 1:48 PM
I don't dream that often. But when I do, my firearms work flawlessly.

My most notable dream was the one I had back in Tennessee. I was in a shopping mall, things were normal, and it was fairly crowded. Then, I noticed that all the stores were selling was yellow #2 pencils. Weird, but ok. I mean, as I look around, the stores are still the pet store, candy store, etc, but in place of the merchandise, it's just walls and walls of #2 pencils. And people are excited and are buying them. Ok, weird, but not threatening.

Then I watch as an attractive woman takes her newly bought pencil from the jerky cart, smiles broadly, and jams it into her throat. Right where a man's adam's apple would be. She rams it in halfway or so, and it's sticking out. I look around, and everyone is doing this. There's a little trail of blood, but nothing fatal. Then they start walking like zombies. The pencils are controlling them. There's a minute or so where they're all jamming pencils into their throats, and they hand pencils to the very few shoppers who hadn't already bought pencils, and either they jam them into their throats or they hold them down to jam the pencils into their throats.

I'm walking along towards Sears, figuring that if I keep walking normally, perhaps they won't notice. Doesn't work that way. I get that funny feeling behind me, and turn around and look - they've formed a wall of people, and speak as one voice, asking me why I don't have a pencil yet.

I answer that I don't really want one. That's not good enough. They try to sell me on a pencil, then try to order me to take one and put it in my throat. One of them walks up to me with a pencil in his outstretched hand, intending to insert it in my throat.

It's about this time that I realized it was a dream, at which point I decided to kill them all. I materialized two H&K MP5's, with 30rd mags pre-loaded with mercury tipped hollow points (yes, I actually was that detailed) and laser sights. At that point, I took aim and started firing.

The first pencil-zombie went down right away, then the rest of the wall started advancing. I opened fire on the group, dropped a bunch of 'em, they kept coming. I kept shooting them, eventually dropping the whole group - when mags went dry, I'd push the ejects (which were AR-15 like, I have no idea where the mag release should be on an MP5) and materialized new mags in the magwells. I noticed the Sears behind me was closed off, so I was going to have to walk through the mall.

I killed every single person in the mall.

That's the most vivid/weird/out-there gun dream I've had, but I never seem to have failures to fire. However, there was the recent time when I had an FN 57 and was being chased by a bunch of celebrity zombies dressed as pirates around a fancy beverly hills type mansion. The dude from Leprechaun was annoying, he kept ducking through dog doors and such. I kept having to scrounge around for loose rounds, because I used my entire mag and then would go looking around and sometimes find a bullet or two.

Stop watching the Matrix before bed :D

it wasn't even that great of a movie ayway.....

grammaton76
05-01-2006, 1:59 PM
Stop watching the Matrix before bed :D

it wasn't even that great of a movie ayway.....

*grin* I woulda chalked it up to the Matrix, except that the pencil dream predated the Matrix by a couple of years.

NeoWeird
05-01-2006, 2:09 PM
*grin* I woulda chalked it up to the Matrix, except that the pencil dream predated the Matrix by a couple of years.

Oh no, here comes another "I invented the Matrix" rant. Go ahead, bring out the napkin with the diagrams...

Seriously though, I know how it is. I had a dream about something, and then like two months later I saw a movie with the exact same thing. I forget which...maybe Equilibrium or something like that.

Just remember: Just say no to Keanu