PDA

View Full Version : .50 registration

juicy
04-30-2006, 11:05 AM
i was just talking to one of my frequent gun buddies and i asked him if he had registered his .50.. he said... ****! is there any way for him to still register it? poor guy works 80 hour weeks and must of plain forgot :(

Jeff Rambo
04-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I would advise him to IMMEDIATELY get a registration card, and haul-*** over to the USPS Airport Location:

9029 Airport Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90009-9998. They are open today (yes, Sunday) until 11:00PM and overnight it with signature confirmation.

Alternatively, go to a FedEx Kinkos and do the same. I would go with USPS though.

Maybe have him type up some quick sob letter explaining his situation and include that in with the registration. It's worth a shot. That's the best option for him at this point.

MaxQ
04-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Can he find an open post office today? There's a facility at LAX, a post office on Sherman Way in Van Nuys and an annex in Beverly Hills that used to postmark stuff on a Sunday. I don't know if they still do. Some major cities will have some postal facility that might.

If he's near Sacramento, maybe there's some way to drop it thru a mail slot at the DOJ???

Edit - Jeff beat me to it. Glad to know LAX is still openon Sundays.

EBWhite
04-30-2006, 11:39 AM
All i got to say, is try his best to register it. Airport locations are open late and today is the last day-
You might be able to print a ups or a fedex label online today (that might work)

However, if it doesnt work out tell your friend to either store it out of state, sell it out of state or if he wants to risk it (store it out of sight)....NEVER EVER give a gun up. NEVER.

juicy
04-30-2006, 12:18 PM
any places that you know for sure will have the card? the gun store by my house was real low when i went there last month :/

Jeff Rambo
04-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Try calling the LAX Range since it is in the area of the LAX USPS Station. Try Martin B. Retting, and try Turners.

juicy
04-30-2006, 1:15 PM
ill call him right now thanks! :cool:

m2hbvic
04-30-2006, 1:28 PM
Also, try Gunrunners in Duarte, CA to see if they have the .50 BMG registration card. They're open on Sundays!
Vic

juicy
04-30-2006, 2:07 PM
whats the address to the doj? i cant remember it for the life of me and that the last thing we need before i walk out the door with him

megavolt121
04-30-2006, 2:35 PM
DOJs address is on the card!

stealthmode
04-30-2006, 7:25 PM
we should not have to register them to begin with, but your friend has no excuse he had more than a year to take care of the registration. he will be lucky if he can find a card and get it done tonight.

good luck to him

repete34
04-30-2006, 7:34 PM
we should not have to register them to begin with, but your friend has no excuse he had more than a year to take care of the registration. he will be lucky if he can find a card and get it done tonight.

good luck to him

Fed ex will not ship to a PO box. Post office is the only one. :(

saki302
04-30-2006, 8:39 PM
Holy crap! Turner's in Pasadena has the forms available.

However, I believe the stagecoash has already turned back into a pumpkin at this point, and the butler turned into a mouse.

-Dave

xenophobe
04-30-2006, 8:40 PM
USPS Click and ship postage label. Print it before midnight tonight.

TonyM
04-30-2006, 8:48 PM
USPS Click and ship postage label. Print it before midnight tonight.

Problem with that is that everytime I use Click and Ship (alot) if it's after business hours (all day on Sunday) it puts the next days date on the label.

Talk about a major screw up on the owner's part. I foresee a BMG going out of state really soon.

F-2_Challenger
04-30-2006, 8:54 PM
Go to the ups store and give the 15 year old kid that works there 50 bucks to change the postmark date to the 30th. Or find a friend who works for a company and have them change their date stamp for you.

ke6guj
04-30-2006, 10:30 PM
whats the address to the doj? i cant remember it for the life of me and that the last thing we need before i walk out the door with him

So, inquiring minds want to know, "Did Ya Make It In Time?" Or did we lose a .50?

juicy
04-30-2006, 11:24 PM
went to like 5 gun shops, said they didnt have the card, they said print it out over the internet, (turners, gunrunners and lax range all said the same thing) so we did and sent it

i dont what where he goes from here.

ke6guj
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
ouch, didn't submit it with the DOJ's card. The DOJ wanted them submitted on their own form(heavy-weight tabbed paper), not a downloaded form printed on regular paper. Hopefully they'll work with him on it.

50 Freak
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Last chance, some work mailrooms have metered mail stampers that allow you to put the date on them. Put a 4/30/06 date on it and mail it out immediately.

Honestly though, just mail it in, the DOJ will take it. They have thousands to go through and if one or two every hundred have a 5/1/06 date, they will often times let it slip through.

P.S. tell your buddy he's an idiot. Being busy for an entire year is not a good excuse. If he doesn't get it registered, it's his own fault. Just telling the truth.....Sorry.:( :(

juicy
04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
ouch, didn't submit it with the DOJ's card. The DOJ wanted them submitted on their own form(heavy-weight tabbed paper), not a downloaded form printed on regular paper. Hopefully they'll work with him on it.

dude the one he got says sample through the middle of it.. i was iffy on it, but hey its all he had to work with, i said why not?

he filled it out though, and got it out postmarked 4/30/06

so he did make an attempt..

ke6guj
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Yup, better that than nothing. Hopefully the attempt will be enough and they'll send him another card to fill out correctly, or else call it good enough and file it.

I remember when that "sample" was posted on Calguns. It was originally scanned so that people could use it, then others commented that the registration was supposed to be submitted on the "official form". It was then updated with the "sample" watermark.

edit: oops, I think it was originally posted on biggerhammer, not calguns.