PDA

View Full Version : 6x3 Taken by car

ArQuad
08-09-2010, 7:19 PM
The side with 3 had 2 points that were just getting started. Darn shame!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/ctb106prh/6x3.jpg

sideshowhr
08-09-2010, 7:25 PM
did you hit it?

damn shame indeed. poor thing.

ArQuad
08-09-2010, 7:38 PM
No, thankfully!

Abesnake
08-09-2010, 7:44 PM
Horrible.

Big Jake
08-09-2010, 8:36 PM
What did you do after you hit it? Did you report the incident to DFG or other LEO?

lewdogg21
08-09-2010, 9:57 PM
Where exactly was this? I saw a whopper 3 or 4 pointer just outside Cameron Park last weekend skylined above 50.

ArQuad
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
We didn't hit him, happened real early in the morning. He was on Auburn Folsom road in Granite Bay.

packnrat
08-09-2010, 11:53 PM
no photos (it was dark and no lights to show the seen). but a poor doe jumped in front of my truck in Nevada last spring.
truck is a kenworth 18 wheeler truck, and at 60 mph (legal in Nevada) not much left of the poor thing. damaged the front bumper no more.

i may hunt them for meat, but i hate hitting them on the highways.

and the Nevada state patrol did not care as the rd was not blocked.

:TFH:

spectr17
08-10-2010, 1:37 AM
That sucks. Wonder what the car looked like?? I'm shocked no one sawed the antlers off or stripped the backstraps out. Musta been REAL fresh

Big Jake
08-10-2010, 8:23 AM
That sucks. Wonder what the car looked like?? I'm shocked no one sawed the antlers off or stripped the backstraps out. Musta been REAL fresh

Probably not hunters that him him. Just regular folks who got scared about possible consequences and drove off! :(

scootergmc
08-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Just regular folks who got scared about possible consequences and drove off! :(

Possible consequences of what?

Big Jake
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Possible consequences of what?

Thinking they may have broken a law by hitting the animal. We know that is not the case but a regular person (Non-hunter/non-firearm owner) may not know better and think they did something wrong or illegal and took off without reporting it!

ArQuad
08-10-2010, 5:07 PM
The head was missing the very next day...

sideshowhr
08-10-2010, 5:36 PM
just the head? wow. very interesting. a clean cut?

wonder if someone mounted it in their living room.

Big Jake
08-10-2010, 5:59 PM

Interesting! :confused:

spectr17
08-10-2010, 7:08 PM

In MO where I come from it's a foot race for the head and meat even before the deer topples over. :D One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was a turkey that got hit and 3 pickups slamming on their brakes at 75mph. 3 rather large farm boys then sprinting and slipping and falling in the wet median grass trying to be the first to dive on that week of free turkey sammiches. :eek:

popndrop
08-10-2010, 7:24 PM
they always look so big when they're in velvet - too bad on this one, looks like he'd a been a real trophy for somebody...now he's just vulture meat.

ArQuad
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Not sure about the cut, just know it was missing.

Bearclaw
08-12-2010, 1:22 PM
In MO where I come from it's a foot race for the head and meat even before the deer topples over. :D One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was a turkey that got hit and 3 pickups slamming on their brakes at 75mph. 3 rather large farm boys then sprinting and slipping and falling in the wet median grass trying to be the first to dive on that week of free turkey sammiches. :eek:

I'll take fresh roadkill as long as it's not all jacked up and still intact. And for sure I would have at least sawed off those antlers. No sense in letting it go to waste! After all...what else is going to happen to it??? CalTrans will just come pick it up and it will end up in the local landfill.

Hunter
08-12-2010, 9:21 PM
I'll take fresh roadkill as long as it's not all jacked up and still intact. And for sure I would have at least sawed off those antlers. No sense in letting it go to waste! After all...what else is going to happen to it??? CalTrans will just come pick it up and it will end up in the local landfill.

First, let me say that I fully understand where you are coming from here. But unless you FIRST get approval from a DFG warden to retreive the deer you can find yourself with a large fine for taking game out of season.

spectr17
08-12-2010, 9:50 PM

In MO you can get a tag for a road kill deer. Here in CA I'm not so sure. I know you can't just take the meat or head here for sure.

When I lived in Germany one day I saw this BMW going 90mph on the Autobahn hit a little roebuck. The car flipped that lil deer about 15 feet in the air and the driver never stopped. Naturally I whipped the truck over and ran down the ditch and started carving with the trusty Buck knife. The deer sound like a kalaidescope from all the broken bones in it when I rolled it over. The Polizei showed up and took the deer and said I was lucky they didn't arrest me. Over there they are really protective of their game animals.

lewdogg21
08-13-2010, 7:28 AM
Interesting! :confused:

That's common if it's a big rack Big Jake. Even in the bay area it happens. There are some HUGE bucks that live along 280 around Paige Mill and my dad tells me that when a big one is roadkill the rack is gone by the next day.

mk3mitch
08-13-2010, 1:28 PM
I would have taken that head in an instant.