PDA

View Full Version : FASTEST SHIPPING EVER!

Recession
08-09-2010, 4:31 PM
OMG! How did you do it? Do you own a teleportation device? I was told on 8/6 that these would be back in stock on monday 8/9. So I placed an order online thinking I would get them maybe thursday 8/12 or friday 8/13 if they shipped on monday 8/7 since it takes a few days from Missouri to California and guess what?! I received them on 8/9! So he got them in on 8/9 and I received them on 8/9! How is that possible?!?!?! :confused: OMG! :eek: Evil forces at work here. :43:

THT
08-09-2010, 7:06 PM
LOL

What happened was the mags showed up at my local UPS hub on Friday with a Monday delivery date. I went down to the hub and picked them up so I could knock out the pre-orders. By Sunday, they were all gone :eek:

Recession
08-09-2010, 7:18 PM
So what are you saying... You're out of the stubbies again? Noooooooooooo! :fud:

THT
08-09-2010, 8:10 PM
So what are you saying... You're out of the stubbies again? Noooooooooooo! :fud:

I do wholesale rebuild kits so dealers snapped up a fair number of them.

Super Spy
08-09-2010, 8:18 PM
Nice, let us know AHEAD OF TIME when you expect more :D

THT
08-09-2010, 9:02 PM
Nice, let us know AHEAD OF TIME when you expect more :D

Keep your eyes on this forum; I'll post when more are on the way :D

Recession
08-15-2010, 5:31 PM
The new batch of stubbies seem to have a problem. It is almost nearly impossible to get the dust cover on once the magazine is loaded with 10rounds. I don't seem to have this problem with the stubbies I ordered from you in the past.

btell
08-16-2010, 9:03 PM
I just received some 10/30 mags from Ty and the dust cap fits just fine with 10 rounds in them.

Fastest shipping ever...I'm a believer. Excellent customer service! Thanks again Ty.

Recession
08-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I just received some 10/30 mags from Ty and the dust cap fits just fine with 10 rounds in them.

Fastest shipping ever...I'm a believer. Excellent customer service! Thanks again Ty.

Yes, but i'm talking about the 10/10 stubbies. You can not snap on the dust cover when the magazine is fully loaded with this new batch. The older ones snap on just fine. I'm waiting on THT to get back from his honeymoon. I have faith that he will resolve this for me.

THT
08-18-2010, 6:50 PM
Yes, but i'm talking about the 10/10 stubbies. You can not snap on the dust cover when the magazine is fully loaded with this new batch. The older ones snap on just fine. I'm waiting on THT to get back from his honeymoon. I have faith that he will resolve this for me.

I lengthened the block by 1.5mm because I found that sometimes, it's possible to force an 11th round in when you can fit 10 rounds with the dust cover on with the stubbys. While the mag won't function with 11 rounds, the way the law is written is around capacity.

Recession
08-18-2010, 7:53 PM
I lengthened the block by 1.5mm because I found that sometimes, it's possible to force an 11th round in when you can fit 10 rounds with the dust cover on with the stubbys. While the mag won't function with 11 rounds, the way the law is written is around capacity.

So are you telling me that these dust covers are useless with this new batch? I'm dissapointed. I shoot in a really dusty area and those were a big deciding factor on getting these mags.

THT
08-18-2010, 9:35 PM
So are you telling me that these dust covers are useless with this new batch? I'm dissapointed. I shoot in a really dusty area and those were a big deciding factor on getting these mags.

If you're shooting in a dusty area, the covers are off anyway, right? At any rate, if you're unhappy, please return them and I'll issue a refund.

Recession
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
If you're shooting in a dusty area, the covers are off anyway, right? At any rate, if you're unhappy, please return them and I'll issue a refund.

Well I preload my mags at the bench, snap the covers on and leave them for when I need them later.

Did you really have to go as far as 1.5mm more? The snap on dust cover is an essential function and appeal of what makes the PMAG so great.

THT
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Well I preload my mags at the bench, snap the covers on and leave them for when I need them later.

Did you really have to go as far as 1.5mm more? The snap on dust cover is an essential function and appeal of what makes the PMAG so great.

It takes 2mm to slip another round in and PMAGs will flex up to 1mm. I intentionally went to a 1.5mm extension to keep both myself and my customers from unknowingly breaking the law.

Recession
08-18-2010, 10:08 PM
It takes 2mm to slip another round in and PMAGs will flex up to 1mm. I intentionally went to a 1.5mm extension to keep both myself and my customers from unknowingly breaking the law.

How come user btell from the above post can snap the cover on with 10rounds in his? Isn't his from the same batch as well? I know it's a 10/30 but that shouldn't make a difference because it's using the same block.

THT
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
How come user btell from the above post can snap the cover on with 10rounds in his? Isn't his from the same batch as well? I know it's a 10/30 but that shouldn't make a difference because it's using the same block.

No, the block is different and the mags used are different. The stubbys you purchased are made from 20rd PMAGs while his were made from 30rd PMAGs. Additionally, the blocking technique is different between the two. The same block is not used in any of the limited capacity mags I make. The 10/20s, 10/30s, 15/20s, 15/30s, stubbys, and curved stubbys all have their own molds/patterns for different blocks.

Recession
08-18-2010, 11:05 PM
No, the block is different and the mags used are different. The stubbys you purchased are made from 20rd PMAGs while his were made from 30rd PMAGs. Additionally, the blocking technique is different between the two. The same block is not used in any of the limited capacity mags I make. The 10/20s, 10/30s, 15/20s, 15/30s, stubbys, and curved stubbys all have their own molds/patterns for different blocks.

Understood. Thank you. Can I exchange my stubbies for 10/20s? Do the 10/20s have the same dust cover issue?

THT
08-19-2010, 5:52 AM
Understood. Thank you. Can I exchange my stubbies for 10/20s? Do the 10/20s have the same dust cover issue?

You can exchange them but I'm completely out of black 20rd PMAGs and don't have an ETA for being restocked. The shipment that I received two weeks ago was a complete fluke and not part of Magpul's normal production. The dust covers should fit when loaded.

Recession
09-03-2010, 3:08 PM
Just received my 10/20s today. These are great and exactly as described, thanks!

Quick question though, what's the difference between the gray and black followers?

THT
09-03-2010, 5:23 PM
Just received my 10/20s today. These are great and exactly as described, thanks!

Quick question though, what's the difference between the gray and black followers?

Gray followers are a four-way anti-tilt follower while the black ones are not. The followers in the 20rd and 30rd PMAGs aren't the same.