PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Sabre employee accused of illegal gun dealing

Bota2112
08-09-2010, 2:03 PM
Ex-Sabre employee accused of illegal gun dealing (http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/08/09/daily3.html)

Dunno if this is a repost....searched but didnt find anything...

bruceflinch
08-09-2010, 2:32 PM
Can't fix Stupid!

stix213
08-09-2010, 5:03 PM
I wonder if he was stealing lowers, or if they were allowing him to buy damaged ones at a discount? I don't think that was answered.

xibunkrlilkidsx
08-09-2010, 8:56 PM
I wonder if he was stealing lowers, or if they were allowing him to buy damaged ones at a discount? I don't think that was answered.

In an affidavit, ATF special agent Shawn Morrow said an investigation of Sabre’s records revealed that Kerr had purchased 73 complete rifles and lower receivers. The affadavit noted that Sabre employees were allowed to buy parts from the company, including used or “below standard” parts.
Read more: Ex-Sabre employee accused of illegal gun dealing - Nashville Business Journal (http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/08/09/daily3.html#ixzz0wAxjPtq9)

he had bought some already. but that still sucks. i wonder if he realized he was doing something wrong or if he thought that buy having them sold through a FFL he was ok....

biglou
08-09-2010, 9:00 PM
The one guy said he could get "scratch and dent" built gun. I would think if lowers were unserviceable they would chop them up.

patriot_man
08-09-2010, 9:36 PM
Yeah this was the reason why the Feds raided Sabre a while back.

tenpercentfirearms
08-10-2010, 6:18 AM
It sounds to me like they busted him for dealing and manufacturing without a license. I doubt it was anything more sinister than that.

phkk
08-10-2010, 6:45 AM
I don't think this guy been stealing but busted for selling without FFL license

steadyrock
08-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Does anybody know where the line is drawn between building and then selling an occasional rifle, and "selling without a proper license" as this guy is accused of doing? How much is too much? 12 per year? 72 per year? 144? Does it vary from state to state or is it strictly a BATFE issue?

Don't want to sound argumentative, but it's something I've always wondered for my own reference.

ar15barrels
08-10-2010, 2:19 PM
Does anybody know where the line is drawn between building and then selling an occasional rifle, and "selling without a proper license" as this guy is accused of doing? How much is too much? 12 per year? 72 per year? 144? Does it vary from state to state or is it strictly a BATFE issue?

My understanding is that if you do it for monetary gain, you are supposed to be licensed.
Once you are licensed as a dealer, if you build more than 49 guns a year, you need to get a manufacturer's license and be paying the FET.

steadyrock
08-10-2010, 2:48 PM
Thanks Randall.