PDA

View Full Version : Sub 2000 questions

1stLineGear
08-09-2010, 1:30 PM
Lets say someone makes a zipped pocket in a coat big enough to carry the Sub 2000 in its folded form and has a BB. Would that be legal? I would lean towords no but it is always better to ask those that know more.

Carrying it in a backpack in its folded form should be legal right?

Would the fact that it would be folded constitute an unassembled gun? Would then an unassembled gun need to be locked?

Check out the Modded Sub 2000 at the bottom of the page.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_guns/53067-kel-tec_sub_2000_mod.html

ZombieTactics
08-09-2010, 1:31 PM
I believe that the pocket (or backpack) would need to have a lock.

thefinger
08-09-2010, 1:45 PM
it would be legal to carry in the pocket without a lock.

dragonbait1a
08-09-2010, 2:02 PM
IIRC a Sub 2000 would need a magazine lock or to be a RAW, it's a centerfire rifle with a pistol grip. If its a RAW I believe that transportation laws apply.

I mean a Bullet Button type magazine lock.

RGB

1stLineGear
08-09-2010, 2:47 PM
IIRC a Sub 2000 would need a magazine lock or to be a RAW, it's a centerfire rifle with a pistol grip. If its a RAW I believe that transportation laws apply.

I mean a Bullet Button type magazine lock.

RGB

See my changed questions in the original post.

Untamed1972
08-09-2010, 2:55 PM
Lets say someone makes a zipped pocket in a coat big enough to carry the Sub 2000 in its folded form and has a BB. Would that be legal? I would lean towords no but it is always better to ask those that know more.

Carrying it in a backpack in its folded form should be legal right?

Would the fact that it would be folded constitute an unassembled gun? Would then an unassembled gun need to be locked?

Check out the Modded Sub 2000 at the bottom of the page.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_guns/53067-kel-tec_sub_2000_mod.html

By definition a long gun is not concealable. Hence you may carry it in any manner you like, provided that it is unloaded per CA law and is in a locked container in a school zone per Federal law.