PDA

View Full Version : Public housing Self Defense project.

nicki
08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
This is probably an "insane idea", but hey, what else is new.

San Fran caved in on the public housing gun ban, the problem is that many of the public housing residents are poor.

So, here is what I propose.

What we do is we "target specfic" housing units to see how much participation we would get from the occupants as a trial run.

What we do is that if an occupant will:

1. Be a person who can legally own a gun.

2. Perform what I call a "Calguns community service" I figure say 20 to 40 hours of service. I have an issue with just giving things, people put more value in things they earn.

Things like helping clean up their own neighborhood would be what I had in mind. Maybe participation in community patrols, let's say large groups so that they outnumber the thugs.

3. Take our firearms training course

4. Be willing to sign our contract regarding the gun. Some things we would put in would be that they couldn't just sell it for instance.

They will earn a pistol, cleaning kit and ammo to go with it.

I figure police trade ins, say 9mm since the 38/357s are probably gone by now would do.

Of course this would be controversial and certain anti rights policitians and community leaders would probably go nuts over such an action.

Nicki

Window_Seat
08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Of course this would be controversial and certain anti rights policitians and community leaders would probably go nuts over such an action.

Nicki

And when they do, we present said "politician" with a copy of the McDonald v. Chicago opinion and tell him to read it in its entirety.

Erik.

Untamed1972
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM

2. Perform what I call a "Calguns community service" I figure say 20 to 40 hours of service. I have an issue with just giving things, people put more value in things they earn.

Things like helping clean up their own neighborhood would be what I had in mind. Maybe participation in community patrols, let's say large groups so that they outnumber the thugs.

4. Be willing to sign our contract regarding the gun. Some things we would put in would be that they couldn't just sell it for instance.

Nicki

I think it could be considered rather risky to put our collective selves (ie CGF/CGN or whoever) in the postion of putting their stamp of approval on someone as far as training and providing them with firearms.

Perhaps a more detached approach would be advisable. They could earn a voucher good for training and credit towards purchase of a firearm from participating trainers/FFLs or something like that.

If we a re going to preach individual rights/responsibility then part of the process needs to be encouraging people to get off their butts and exercise their rights. We need to stop "spoon-feeding" people in general at all levels of society. The training is out there and readily available, the most that should be done is point them in the right direction.

I think CGN/CGF has bigger fish to fry though. I'd rather my donations be directed towards the legal fronts and securing rights for all. That's just my 2cents though.

gobler
08-09-2010, 7:41 PM
All you have to do is show them this and ask how much money are they willing to loose.. :D
http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/Guns.to.be.2.1851020.html

duped from here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=330086
sorry.

Aug 9, 2010 4:22 pm US/Eastern
Guns Allowed In Wilmington Public Housing
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) ― The Wilmington Housing Authority has suspended its ban on firearm ownership by tenants.

Housing officials says the ban was suspended because of a recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court and a lawsuit filed by the National Rifle Association claiming the ban is unconstitutional.

WHA Executive Director Frederick Purnell Sr. says after reviewing the high court ruling that threw out a ban in Chicago, housing officials felt they had no choice but to amend the policy.

Purnell says he hopes the housing authority will get some controls in place to keep residents safe. Public comment will be sought on new regulations before they are adopted.

___

Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com

( 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

tyrist
08-09-2010, 7:51 PM
This is probably an "insane idea", but hey, what else is new.

San Fran caved in on the public housing gun ban, the problem is that many of the public housing residents are poor.

So, here is what I propose.

What we do is we "target specfic" housing units to see how much participation we would get from the occupants as a trial run.

I figure police trade ins, say 9mm since the 38/357s are probably gone by now would do.

Nicki

Biggest hurdle right there when it comes to public housing.