PDA

View Full Version : LWD Glock lower

ARDude
08-09-2010, 9:28 AM
Anybody have one? Seen one? How good are they? They use Glock mags, and any 9mm upper. Any Dealers out there have them for sale, and how much?

Davidoff
08-09-2010, 9:40 AM
Unfortunately the LWD Glock frame will never be rostered, therefore unless you are an LEO you will not be able to buy it from a dealer until the roster is destroyed (See Pena v. Cid). Your only options to obtain such a frame would be to PPT one from an LEO or to have a family member in direct lineage who lives out of state (son, daughter, mother, father, grandparents, etc.) to buy one for you and ship it to you as an intrafamiliar transfer.

ARDude
08-09-2010, 9:49 AM
I'm sorry, I should have put more info on this....Lone Wolf Dist is now offering an AR lower that uses any upper receiver 9mm, 40, 45 ect. And uses all glock mags.

What Just Happened?
08-09-2010, 10:45 AM
From the looks of it, you cannot put a bullet button on it and would have to run it featureless.

dragonbait1a
08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
If it gets popular the engineers around here will have a Bullet Button for it in about... 2 weeks ;) I'm sure in the meantime that a fixed (spotweld or similar) magazine is possible.

I like it, but am wondering how much modification a bolt needs and if there are any dropin or proven uppers/bolts. This plus a Hammerhead... intriguing.

RGB

ARDude
08-09-2010, 2:44 PM
On the Lone Wolf website, they have a Spikes upper that includes modified bolt made for the LWD lower. I would go monsterman grip and use all the 33 rd glock mags I bought back when I got my first Glock pistol.

Quiet
08-09-2010, 10:22 PM
The LWD AR Glock lowers are a copy of the Olympic Arms GL-1 (AR Glock lowers). Uses the same magazine release bar system and same modified bolt.

AFAIK, LWD is still filling back orders for their AR Glock lower.
The AR Glock lowers will accept Glock 9x19mm, .40S&W, .357SIG and .45GAP magazines.

I'm waiting for them to become more readily available along with the modified bolt, before getting one. I want to do a featurelss 9x19mm build, so I can use all my 33 round Glock magazines.

If you really want one, order direct from LWD and get on their back order/waiting list.