PDA

View Full Version : 870 help =T

showerbabies
04-29-2006, 4:42 PM
I just got a 870 18" with the mag extension. I'm trying to take the barrel out and its kicking my butt.

According to the manual and everything I read off the 'net ...
1- slide foreend halfway or 3/4 - check
2- mag off - check
3- grab barrel and pull barrel from receiver - check
4- push carrier upward - ... hmm... tilt carrier upward ... check, i guess
5- reach into botton and depress the left shell latch - ... I think thats the latch, check
6 7 8 is about the foreend. Now my barrel hasn't came off yet. So I guess I'm stuck between 3 and 4. This one guy says it should come right out. Where the mag extension connects to, can that be twisted off too, or thats connected to that barrel ring-through-the-mag-tube thingy?

Thanks
-newbie in Oakland.

bear308
04-29-2006, 4:54 PM
the ring that hangs down from the barrel should have either a knurled nut or a mag extension in front of it, take it off and with the bolt half-way back youshould be able to remove the barrel.

kantstudien
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
All I see is too many steps:

1. Unload and verify
2. Rack slide halfway
3. Grab magazine extension with bare hand and twist off (lefty=loosey) being careful because it is under tension from the spring
6. Grab barrel and twist left and pull out straight.

blacklisted
05-01-2006, 12:34 AM
All I see is too many steps:

1. Unload and verify
2. Rack slide halfway
3. Grab magazine extension with bare hand and twist off (lefty=loosey) being careful because it is under tension from the spring
6. Grab barrel and twist left and pull out straight.

Yeah, it does sound like too many. I actually got the barrel to come off accidentaly on one. :eek:

I just unscrewed the cap at the end of the magazine tube.

showerbabies
05-01-2006, 8:42 PM
Hey thanks fellows!

I went back to the dealer, they took it in the backroom and came back out later. He said, "man... someone really torqued the crap outta it." Well, thats how I got it. I saw markings so I'm assuming he had to use some tools and/or a benchvise. It was that part where my 7-shot extension was connected to.

Matt C
05-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, my 870 MM came from the factory with that thing on INCREDIBLY tight. I honestly thing there was some locktite or something involved.