PDA

View Full Version : moving to Nevada

dspholmes
08-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Do I have to register my guns in anyway if I plan on brinking them along with me?

Maestro Pistolero
08-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Handguns only, and only if in Clark county (Las Vegas). It's free, and easy. Just unload and case them, and go into any police substation during regular business hours. You'll be in and out in less than a half hour, having received service with a smile. Enjoy your new freedom.

Quiet
08-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Maestro Pistolero nailed it.

Only have to register handguns, if you are moving to Clark County.
After establishing residency in Clark County, you have 72 hours to register all the handguns you have with you.

You can register the handguns at any LVMPD substation during regular business hours. It's easy, painless and free.

pitchbaby
08-09-2010, 2:07 AM

After establishing residency in Clark County, you have 72 hours to register all the handguns you have with you.

You can register the handguns at any LVMPD substation during regular business hours. It's easy, painless and free.

Having to register anything that should be recognized as a God given right is never painless, but I'd take Clark Counties method over anything we have to deal with in California!

Don't forget to stop by the Sheriff"s office to get your CCW permit too while your at it. The only hard part about it is the wait for them to process your application.

Maestro Pistolero
08-09-2010, 8:25 AM
Having to register anything that should be recognized as a God given right is never painless, but I'd take Clark Counties method over anything we have to deal with in California!

Don't forget to stop by the Sheriff"s office to get your CCW permit too while your at it. The only hard part about it is the wait for them to process your application.

Well, not quite. You have to take an 8 hour course, and submit to fingerprints, photo, and a background check, but at least you know it will result in a license.

MossbergMan
08-09-2010, 9:44 AM
Move to Nye County and you don't have to register any guns! Clark Co. is too crowded anyways. Move "over the hump to Pahrump" :yes:

VegasND
08-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Move to Nye County and you don't have to register any guns! Clark Co. is too crowded anyways. Move "over the hump to Pahrump" :yes:
If you don't have a job that makes it necessary for you to live in Clark County, ^^that's^^ pretty good advice. Not necessarily to Parhump, but elsewhere than Clark County.

Quiet
08-09-2010, 11:50 PM
If you don't have a job that makes it necessary for you to live in Clark County, ^^that's^^ pretty good advice. Not necessarily to Parhump, but elsewhere than Clark County.

:iagree:

Since, the OP is in NorCal, move to Reno! ;)

mikeinrancho
08-10-2010, 12:21 AM

Or the Laughlin substation... there's never anybody in line.

dspholmes
08-10-2010, 12:35 AM
thanks for the info. alas, I have to move to clark county. i've dealt with ca gun laws for so long, i'm more than happy to register my handguns, get my ccw, and get rid of my bullet button!

cmaynes
08-10-2010, 3:46 AM
dont forget to ask about getting your CCW and forms signed off for an SBR and suppressors.....

dspholmes
08-10-2010, 1:18 PM
^ thanks for the heads up. if i don't go broke from degenerate gambling in vegas, i will from spending all i have on all the cool new things i can actually buy!:punk:

Big Jake
08-10-2010, 1:37 PM
Best of luck with your move!