PDA

View Full Version : Fn Tps?

Jeff Rambo
04-29-2006, 3:41 PM
Picking up my TPS on Thursday from AmmoBros. I'd like to stock up on 12 ga. while I'm there, so as far as those who have one... what type of food are you guys feeding it?

one417
05-01-2006, 5:55 PM
Jeff,

Does AmmoBros stock the TPS now? or did you just use them as an FFL for the transfer? I too am looking at getting one...:D

PIRATE14
05-02-2006, 9:58 AM
TAP, Remmington 00 BUCK..........

Jeff Rambo
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
one417,

Bought the TPS from CWS.

Hector,

I picked up some Remington Sluggers and Remington Express. But I am thinking about trying to return all of my Remington ammo because of a thread I read on ARFCOM that detailed a lot of recent KBs using .223 Rem UMC. So I am not exactly eager to drop any Remington lines into 3 new weapons.

VeryCoolCat
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm feeding mine winchester 00, thinking of getting some slugs to put through it. Probably generic factory cheap.

I know the Winchester 1300 can take those aguila mini-shells. So i'm wondering if the tps can take them also.

PIRATE14
05-02-2006, 2:47 PM
I'm feeding mine winchester 00, thinking of getting some slugs to put through it. Probably generic factory cheap.

I know the Winchester 1300 can take those aguila mini-shells. So i'm wondering if the tps can take them also.

Ya, I have the mini shells but haven't tried them in the TPS yet, those things are a blast......load'em up

PIRATE14
05-02-2006, 2:47 PM
one417,

Bought the TPS from CWS.

Hector,

I picked up some Remington Sluggers and Remington Express. But I am thinking about trying to return all of my Remington ammo because of a thread I read on ARFCOM that detailed a lot of recent KBs using .223 Rem UMC. So I am not exactly eager to drop any Remington lines into 3 new weapons.

Rats....have rem umc on special:eek:

Jeff Rambo
05-02-2006, 5:58 PM
I returned the few boxes of UMC that I bought to Big 5 and headed over to a local gun store only to find a box of UMC... argh! They told me they've sold over 50,000rds of it in the last few months without any complaints and the price was just too hard to pass up. So I'll give it a second chance.

A box of 20 at Big 5 was 5.99... I got a lot of 20 boxes at the gun store for $35. They also had some South African .308... so we'll see.

What kind of special do you have on the Remington? I heard you faintly mention it in the background when I was talking to Michelle earlier and it didn't occur to me at the time that I probably should buy more while I can. Let me know. If you guys haven't already shipped any of my orders yet, just toss 2-300rds in there and let me know the price and what the difference is if it isn't covered.

VeryCoolCat
05-02-2006, 6:32 PM
Ya, I have the mini shells but haven't tried them in the TPS yet, those things are a blast......load'em up

I wonder if using these would violate the 10 round limit on shotguns........

Jeff Rambo
05-02-2006, 6:43 PM
I was going to buy the mini-shells but the guy helping me wasn't sure they would work in the TPS or not...?

PIRATE14
05-02-2006, 7:00 PM
I wonder if using these would violate the 10 round limit on shotguns........

I can only count to 10 anyhow..............:D

VeryCoolCat
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
whatever. I love the shotgun. Took it to the range, they owner/guy working there couldnt figure out what it was. Staring at it thinking its a remington and they read the label and it says 'TACTICAL POLICE' :D