PDA

View Full Version : Former L.A. County deputy charged with attempted drug smuggling ??

phkk
08-08-2010, 9:22 PM
How nice

"Before joining the Sheriff's Department, Felix had had at least one previous run-in with the law. He was convicted of misdemeanor petty theft after Glendora police arrested him in May 2002. He was sentenced to one day in jail and three years' probation, according to prosecutors.

Felix was among the hundreds of deputies hired by the Sheriff's Department at a time when the agency was seeking to bolster its ranks. A department watchdog warned in a report earlier this year that the department had eased its hiring practices in 2006, giving jobs to recruits who in the past would have been rejected. Some of those hired had criminal records, drug and alcohol problems and financial woes, according to the report.
"

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-drugs-in-jail-20100809,0,4802473.story?track=rss

cannon
08-08-2010, 9:57 PM
Just speechless over this level of stupid.

bsg
08-08-2010, 10:08 PM
geez.

HotRails
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Kind of mind boggling considering some good officers have been laid off.

thrillhouse700
08-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Throw him in with the animals. He gets what he deserves. I read the story and laughed when the guy died from snorting a spoonful of brown liquid "believed" to be heroine. HAHAHAHA morons.

Ron-Solo
08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
These dirtbags give us a black eye and we will do everything we can to dig this cancer out of our department. I've been with LASD for 32 years and would jump in line to book him in a heartbeat.

On a side note, about the time we hired this POS, my own department of 32 years turned down my son. Eagle Scout, JROTC Group Commander, Graduated with honors, Varsity Letterman in two sports, Awarded Boy Scouts Heroism Award for lifesaving, worked every summer at local Scout camp, and Emergency Medical Technician. Kinda makes me wonder sometimes. The reason: he had one speeding ticket and two at fault accidents in two years.

Go figure, we won't hire Eagle Scouts, but we hire someone with a conviction for theft.

KillZone45
08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Greed is bad, disgusts me!

phkk
08-09-2010, 7:02 AM
Very surprising but at least, they got this bad-boy out from the force

Jonathan Doe
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
These dirtbags give us a black eye and we will do everything we can to dig this cancer out of our department. I've been with LASD for 32 years and would jump in line to book him in a heartbeat.

On a side note, about the time we hired this POS, my own department of 32 years turned down my son. Eagle Scout, JROTC Group Commander, Graduated with honors, Varsity Letterman in two sports, Awarded Boy Scouts Heroism Award for lifesaving, worked every summer at local Scout camp, and Emergency Medical Technician. Kinda makes me wonder sometimes. The reason: he had one speeding ticket and two at fault accidents in two years.

Go figure, we won't hire Eagle Scouts, but we hire someone with a conviction for theft.

When I applied for the dept. in '85, there was a guy who was disqualified, because he had smoked one pot in high school . Now, I think the applicant will be hired if it is anything less than a felony conviction.