PDA

View Full Version : need a basic cut done-san diego

OCMI_Teddy
08-08-2010, 1:21 PM
I ordered a custom air adapter for a paintball marker, however they made the threads too long and I don't want to ship it back to them , wait a week, then have to wait for them to ship it back. I just need it shortened by about 1/4" while preserving the threads. I just need someone with a drill press or lathe.

here's a pic
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/satanicteddy/IMG_3474.jpg

I also need a .1" hole plugged on the body of the marker with a welder (its aluminum). But I can probably just take that to a muffler shop or something.

aaronraby1
08-08-2010, 1:45 PM
aluminum..better than turning steel. i have a lathe. im pretty familiar with it. i helped my friend turn down pieces and another friend machine and turn down calipers for his motorcycle.

do you happen to know the thread size? i have taps that could clean them up after. it looks like the piece (with threads) is about 3/4''?

i will do it for you. just pay the shipping back and forth. send me a pm if you would like.

as far as the plugging goes, i have never plugged a hole. sorry.

OCMI_Teddy
08-08-2010, 2:26 PM
aluminum..better than turning steel. i have a lathe. im pretty familiar with it. i helped my friend turn down pieces and another friend machine and turn down calipers for his motorcycle.

do you happen to know the thread size? i have taps that could clean them up after. it looks like the piece (with threads) is about 3/4''?

i will do it for you. just pay the shipping back and forth. send me a pm if you would like.

as far as the plugging goes, i have never plugged a hole. sorry.

The threads are kind of an odd ball size 9/16"-24

Faust
08-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Dude! trim your nails!