PDA

View Full Version : Range check list

UserM4
08-07-2010, 8:11 PM
What do you guys take to the range besides your guns, ammo, eyes, and ears?

WileyWilly
08-07-2010, 8:25 PM
Fluorescent target spots, Masking tape, a few tools(for loose grips, sight adjustment, ETC.), water, towel, binoculars, pad and pencil and sharpie, baggie to put brass in.

NaughtyMonkey
08-07-2010, 8:29 PM
I usually take some screw drivers and smaller tools like that just in case. Cleaning rod and supplies, and well anything that I think I may need, rather have some stuff that I don't need, then need some stuff I don't have. If you get what I'm saying.

wheels
08-07-2010, 8:41 PM
I subscribed to this thread with similar content - good stuff.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=314535

Mac Attack
08-07-2010, 8:57 PM
For indoor ranges - Targets and a bag to store ranged picked up brass in.

For Outdoor ranges - Targets, staple gun, spotting scope and stand, bag for brass, leatherman, a fixed length cleaning rod (can be used to clear a squib round and cleaning), notebook and pen, and a couple of drinks. That's what I had today when I went and I used all of them except the cleaning rod (thank goodness).

Divernhunter
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Most of this is for outdoor range I am a member of. In addition to items mentioned above.

Camera--To take photos of when people firts shoot one of my 50bmg rifles and of course a note pad to get their email/home address for sending their photos to. Can also be used if someone is really doing something stupid since I am one of 2 who take care of the range.
Often take my Chronograph.
Portable gun vise with tool set.
Midway large cleaning kit with different cleaning stuff/oil in it and several different Dewy cleaning rods.
WINDEX for when done shooting corrosive ammo. Makes cleaning at home much easier.
Unbrella or pop-up shade as the firing line is not covered.
Sand bags and Hornady shooting rest.
Prescription glasses
Extra scopes sometimes.
5gal bucket for hauling ammo and putting brass in.
Folding chair to sit on away from the line.
Cellphone.
Wasp spray for when they make nest under the shooting tables.

galekowitz
08-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Sunscreen.

Coltlover
08-08-2010, 3:01 AM
Clays for outdoor ranges.It's fun shooting them at 100 yards with my AR.

cpt_majestic
08-08-2010, 3:07 AM
Staple gun for targets

iareConfusE
08-08-2010, 8:24 AM
Scotch tape for taping up new targets.
Binoculars
Pen
Boresnake

leelaw
08-08-2010, 4:11 PM
Guns, ammo, magazines, ear protection, eye protection, gear bag, shoot-n-see targets, cleaning kit, sunscreen, hat, water, and a medical kit for injuries ranging from little nicks and cuts to arterial bleeding.

Lucky Scott
08-08-2010, 5:21 PM
Those little round stickum things you buy at staples. I use them to cover holes in targets so I have a fresh target every time.

HskrVern
08-08-2010, 5:36 PM
Those little round stickum things you buy at staples. I use them to cover holes in targets so I have a fresh target every time.

That's a good idea! I'm a fan of looking for trends and I could use a different color dot for each grouping. Hmm, looks like my range time just got extended :).

swerv512
08-08-2010, 5:39 PM
1 bottle CLP
1 bottle brake cleaner
1 small bottle Hoppes #9
1 small bottle Hoppes BR9
Patches for every caliber i shoot
Cleaning rod (too long to fit in range box)
Bore Brushes
Chamber Brushes
Bore Mops
Chamber Mops
Action cleaning set w/ extra action swab rolls
metric and standard allen wrenches
snap caps
Torx wrench for scope rings
socket wrench w/ 1/2" socket for picatinny-style rings
tape measure
complete portable handgun cleaning kit (kleenBore)
bore guides for all rifle calibers
T-handle torque wrench (65 in/lbs) and socket
small and large screwdriver
5oz ball peen hammer
Roll pins w/ center punch (short and long) most common sizes
small bubble level
terta gun lube- small
Q-Tips
spare rag for keeping cleaning solvents off rifle stock
kestrel WeatherMeter
disposable ear plugs
thin shooting gloves
collet style laser bore guide sighting tool
shhot-n-see targets with extra small dots
i'm sure there's more- but i didnt want to actually go downstairs and open the range box up...

Reductio
08-08-2010, 5:40 PM
...and a medical kit for injuries ranging from little nicks and cuts to arterial bleeding.

Good man, now I don't feel like I'm the only one out there with my full medical kit. :thumbsup:

cpt_majestic
08-08-2010, 5:40 PM

Hmmm, thats' a pretty good idea I got to try that next time. They make them in black? n/m I'll swoop by there tomorrow.

norcal.xd
08-08-2010, 9:33 PM
first i take my wife.. then ill make sure i have little adjustment tools. other then that alots of ammo....

Cyc Wid It
08-08-2010, 9:54 PM
Some of these range bags must be HUGE.

psango
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
If they rent guns: body armor!

thevic
08-08-2010, 10:31 PM
a tin of tobacco

greed647
08-08-2010, 11:33 PM
most of everything everyone else said but we also pack snacks, lunch and lots of water and dont forget to wash your hands before you eat.

BayAreaShooter
08-09-2010, 12:11 AM
I usually have a bore snake, mag loader, tape, various tools, a little fishing box full of odd's and end's stuff, targets, but one thing that I do not have that everyone should is a bullet wound kit. A turnakit and some quick clot can save a life.

Ron-Solo
08-09-2010, 12:31 AM
When we go to BLM or NF land, trash bags, rake, and shovel to clean up our mess and as much of other peoples mess as we can haul out.

Always leave it cleaner than you found it.