PDA

View Full Version : CCW=exempt from being fingerprinted for ammo? True or false?

NorCalMama
08-07-2010, 3:17 PM
I heard from someone who has a ccw something that ingtrigued me... if you have a ccw, once the fingerprinting for ammo thing takes affect, you are exempt from being fingerprinted since you have a ccw? Is this true???

Vox
08-07-2010, 3:23 PM
IF it is true it will probably just be substituted for giving your CCW license number.. won't have any real positive affect just a different way to track. That's my guess.

NorCalMama
08-07-2010, 3:25 PM
IF it is true it will probably just be substituted for giving your CCW license number.. won't have any real positive affect just a different way to track. That's my guess.

I'm still stuck on the "IF" of what you said... and yeah, I have a feeling you're onto something. lol, I'm sorry, but when they told me that at first I thought, "lucky!" but then I started thinking how our gov doesn't really want to make it easy for anyone to obtain ammo, so I highly doubt those with ccw's are going to have an exemption...

Rossi357
08-07-2010, 3:27 PM
Exemptions are usually in the penal code.

Librarian
08-07-2010, 3:29 PM
Not true.

FTF data collection is new 12061(a)(3).

Exceptions are
(b) Paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect sales or other transfers of ownership of handgun ammunition by handgun ammunition vendors to any of the following, if properly identified:
(1) A person licensed pursuant to Section 12071.
(2) A handgun ammunition vendor.
(3) A person who is on the centralized list maintained by the department pursuant to Section 12083.
(4) A target facility which holds a business or regulatory license.
(5) Gunsmiths.
(6) Wholesalers.
(7) Manufacturers or importers of firearms licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(8) Sales or other transfers of ownership made to authorized law enforcement representatives of cities, counties, cities and counties, or state or federal governments for exclusive use by those government agencies ...CCW is PC 12050, not listed in the exceptions.

NorCalMama
08-07-2010, 3:33 PM
Not true.

FTF data collection is new 12061(a)(3).

Exceptions are
CCW is PC 12050, not listed in the exceptions.

Thank you! I figured it wasn't true. lol, it's amazing the FUD some people will spout off! :rolleyes:

gunsmith
08-08-2010, 2:15 PM
I doubt it will become law, if it does- take a trip to NV to buy. ... We need the business

Mstrty
08-08-2010, 2:34 PM
The city of Sacramento has an Ammo fingerprint program in effect now. California CCW holders are exempt from the Sacramento city fingerprinting program. This is probably where the FUD is coming from.

I doubt it will become law, if it does- take a trip to NV to buy. ... We need the business

I intent to help you guy out if AB962 sticks.:thumbsup:

bigcalidave
08-08-2010, 2:45 PM
Nope, and I wouldn't want it to be. I wouldn't even use it if it was an option, no way I'm letting the walmart ammo counter guy know I'm armed! That's one of those things that you don't need to let everyone in a store know about.