PDA

View Full Version : Got my Deer/Bear hunt settled.

r3dn3ck
08-07-2010, 8:53 AM
I've decided on my hunting spot for this year. I like ponds in the middle of the forest. They're always productive if not a little skeeter' ridden. I've got a nice pond good and far from humans and hidden in general so it's tough to stumble on by accident.

I'll be setting up my tent and camp and setting some camo burlap in play and getting my shooting lanes cleared out in the few days prior to my hunt starting. Leave the camp site alone and let the critters get used to it being a non-threat again. Then move back in and be quiet and non-smelly. I'm hoping for a trophy blacktail this year. This method usually does pretty well.

Bear will not be a problem. It's usually a matter of just picking a nice looking one that wanders through camp.

Anyone else got their hunting plans coming together?

Abesnake
08-07-2010, 9:14 AM
I've decided on my hunting spot for this year. I like ponds in the middle of the forest. They're always productive if not a little skeeter' ridden. I've got a nice pond good and far from humans and hidden in general so it's tough to stumble on by accident.

I'll be setting up my tent and camp and setting some camo burlap in play and getting my shooting lanes cleared out in the few days prior to my hunt starting. Leave the camp site alone and let the critters get used to it being a non-threat again. Then move back in and be quiet and non-smelly. I'm hoping for a trophy blacktail this year. This method usually does pretty well.

Bear will not be a problem. It's usually a matter of just picking a nice looking one that wanders through camp.

Anyone else got their hunting plans coming together?

Stated like a real professional!

r3dn3ck
08-07-2010, 12:04 PM
abe: I have a spot for you this year if you're up to go B zone. We'll absolutely see deer, seeing legal bucks is less certain but highly likely. Success rates are very high where I go. I'll be running my pond solo but I'm happy to set you up on a site.

Brian2217
08-07-2010, 2:50 PM
Already started scouting my area up in D4 and D3 for deer and bear activiety. Will be picking up my tags for A zone and D zone next week.

Abesnake
08-07-2010, 6:28 PM
abe: I have a spot for you this year if you're up to go B zone. We'll absolutely see deer, seeing legal bucks is less certain but highly likely. Success rates are very high where I go. I'll be running my pond solo but I'm happy to set you up on a site.

O00h, yeah! We'll talk about that deal "off the air"! LOLOLOLOL I'll tag along with you anytime, r3dn3ck. Got my license and I'll pick up a tag for B. :D