View Full Version : Vote 4 my video to get Calguns $25,000

08-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Hi guys,

I am employed with Sears in Whittier CA, and I wanted to tell y'all about a contest where we can get $25,000 donated to The Calguns Foundation.

Sears is running a contest for people to give money to charity. Anybody can post a video about what they would do with a 100,000,000 rewards points (equals a hundred thousand dollars). Half goes to the winner, a quarter to one of Sears' charities, and the final quarter goes to the charity chosen by the winner.

In my video I talk about protecting the Civil Rights and Liberties of All Americans. Right now the most important work is in defending our 2nd amendment rights.

I picked The Calguns Foundation as the recipient of that $25,000 prize if I win the contest. Please vote for my video:

To vote you need to be a member of Sears Shop Your Way Rewards. This is a great program where you can earn points on everything you buy from Sears and you can use those points to buy merchandise. This program is free and works like a supermarket card, just scan it when you make a purchase and you earn points. No information is ever given out or sold. Even if you don't vote for my video SYWR's is a great program to be a part of.

For every video uploaded the Grand Prize goes up 10,000 points, so Calguns could get even more. The max is 1,000,000,000 points or $1,000,000 with $250,000 going to the charity.

Please vote for this video so Calguns can get even more support. Right now the number one video only has 808 votes. We definitely have a shot at becoming a Finalist and maybe winning the Grand Prize!

Part of the Official Rules

6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.

a. Finalist Selection Phase: During the Finalist Selection Phase, the twenty (20) entrants' Submissions with the highest number of valid votes from among all eligible Submissions based on the public voting during the Submission/Voting phase, will be deemed the finalists (the "Finalists"). In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission fits closest to the Contest theme, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than twenty (20) Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.

b. Voting Phase: During the Voting Phase, the Finalists' Submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting at billionpoints.com, you may vote by clicking "vote" next to the image that you believe has the most public appeal. Limit: Each participant may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalists' compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The remaining Finalists will be deemed First Prize winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission fits closest to the Contest theme, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner from amongst the tied Finalists. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Grand or First Prize winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.

08-06-2010, 11:57 PM
This might be more appropriate in the OT forum.

I'm not a Sears member, but I hope you win.

08-07-2010, 3:59 AM
That's really weird, I thought Sears (http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23242) is a anti-guns I've read it before.

Maestro Pistolero
08-07-2010, 6:53 AM
Pardon my skepticism, but you developed this affection for Calguns after only four posts?

08-07-2010, 7:15 AM
i dont even see a cgn contribution under your name...

08-07-2010, 8:08 AM
Chelene Nightingale, is that you?

08-07-2010, 8:14 AM
I am not a Sears member but I wish you luck.

08-07-2010, 8:15 AM
Where do I find this Galguns? I want to see some Gals.

08-07-2010, 8:43 AM
Sounds like a bot/spammer to me guys.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
08-07-2010, 1:13 PM
Sounds like a bot/spammer to me guys.

I dunno. Been a member longer than you, and the other three posts seem legitimate enough.

I cant vote for you, but good luck anyway.

08-07-2010, 1:15 PM
I just don't give out me email address to corporations... I did like the way he CA friendly delivered his message.

08-07-2010, 5:05 PM
I am not a bot, I just read, lurk and I don't post. I have donated money (not much though) to Calguns. I am just trying to win this money for Calguns.

I have no ill will to anybody who doesn't want to vote it's a free country. I just think it would be cool to get Calguns a big donation.

1 SIG fan
08-07-2010, 5:20 PM
AND yourself 50k in the process... Tagging onto the strength of the 2Aers is a good ploy... And it's for a good cause but I doubt ur intensions are strictly calguns motivated. Or... Is Galguns the loophole

08-07-2010, 8:50 PM
Your video absolutely sucked ***, you had no argument? Was more bland than my fkign peanut butter, pls troll somewhere else *******.

08-08-2010, 7:17 PM
Let's see. 8 votes for your video compared to 808 and you say you have a chance????. 5 posts. 2 on this thread.
I think you should try some other scheme in order to win the 50.000.
Nice try though...

08-08-2010, 7:35 PM
Your video absolutely sucked ***, you had no argument? Was more bland than my fkign peanut butter, pls troll somewhere else *******.

08-08-2010, 7:45 PM