PDA

View Full Version : Reno Gun Show!!!!!!

om221
08-06-2010, 4:20 PM
Reno has a big gun show next weekend!!!! (Aug 14-15)

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-06-2010, 4:32 PM
I'm not going to this one. Maybe next year.

capitol
08-06-2010, 4:35 PM
I used to go to these religiously. Actually many people I new from Calguns went too.

Then after driving 3-4 hours, paying to get in and finding the prices less then appealing I turned to my trusty friend "The Internets"

I can get everything on the internet that's offered at the Reno Show and sometimes for less all while my fat rear rests in one place. Plus it's delivered right to my door like pizza.

MMmmm, gun supplies and pizza :yes:

Big Jake
08-06-2010, 4:37 PM
Too far to drive unless I was also going to go to Hot August Nights!

GUN FREAK
08-06-2010, 6:23 PM
Not worth it. Go to Gun Broker if you need something.

Purple K
08-06-2010, 6:36 PM
Reno has a big gun show next weekend!!!! (Aug 14-15)

13th, 14th and 15th actually

BayAreaShooter
08-06-2010, 6:46 PM
I prefer to go to the Reno show in November. It seems to be the biggest one of the year with the most vender's. Did anyone go to the San Jose show a few weeks ago.

John Browning
08-06-2010, 7:16 PM
My parents live in Reno, so a trip to the show gives me a reason to visit them, do some shooting, and enjoy being able to CCW.

MP301
08-06-2010, 9:44 PM
What I do is try and go the last day and work a deal. On one of these trips I got some mini 14 20 and 30 rd mag rebild kits for $2 each....

Pvt. Cowboy
08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
What I do is try and go the last day and work a deal.

And it works too.

Friday is best for the unusual stuff appearing on tables*, Sunday is best for dealer panic deals. Saturday is if you have pals coming along with you and you want to drink and eat and BS around with some show vendors at the GSR's cocktail lounges or see the strippers.

For CA visitors, the November show can be an adventure if winter comes early. My wife and I always had the most fun driving across the Sierra range in the 4x4 in near blizzard conditions. A little bit scary and a lot of fun. We'd get a suite, I'd send her to the spa, and I was free to walk the show two days. We'd make a little weekend vacation out of it.

(*Get there early on Friday and you might find some unusual things like a genuine IMI Galil parts kit, or a rare Stoner semi-auto, Johnson LMG semi-auto, or other bizarre collectibles that you could actually transfer into CA as an "OLL". Friday is also the best C&R day, as some people might be walking around not knowing or not caring what they've got. I saw an SVT-40 go for $300 a few shows back and the seller was happy to get more than the money he originally paid for it. I still see Hk-41s and so on, and many non-CA vendors are starting to understand that there are CA FFL holders who will accept imported off-list guns for Californians who are waving cash under their noses.)

Grumpyoldretiredcop
08-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I'll be up there Saturday and Sunday... but only because a buddy and I were taking a ride that way anyway. It's been going downhill lately IMHO.

Acorn556
08-07-2010, 2:19 PM
I'll be up there Saturday and Sunday... but only because a buddy and I were taking a ride that way anyway. It's been going downhill lately IMHO.

Looks like I will be too. Have to pick some things up and drop some things off.

9mmepiphany
08-07-2010, 3:22 PM
Sunday was always my favorite also...by then they know how bad the show was and they are not looking at hauling all their stuff back out to the car.

my best deal was a Rossi Coach Gun, marked at $278, that i walked out with for $150...the dealed balked, but his dad said, "either make the deal or carry all this stuff out yourself!"

i used to stop at Boomtown on the way home for a comp'ed dinner (for all 4 guys in the car) and try to win back what i had spent at the show

Coltlover
08-08-2010, 3:10 AM
Nice!!

hylander
08-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I will most likely go up Saturday.
Always enjoy the Reno Show

trashman
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I enjoy this show - reminds me of the gunshows in Virginia I used to frequent 10 years ago.

Pvt Cowboy is right -- with my C&R I have picked up something fun just about every trip.

--Neill