PDA

View Full Version : Who Charges A Reasonable Transfer Fee To Buy A Rifle In No. California?

doccray
08-06-2010, 2:52 PM
Hi I am new to this site. Who charges a reasonable transfer fee to receive an out of state Rifle I purchased? I live in Marin County and have been qouted $135 to receive my rifle here. I would not mind driving to adjacent counties for a reasonable price. Any ideas?

uscbigdawg
08-06-2010, 2:56 PM
Contact Frank at Irvington Arms and tell him uscbigdawg (or Rich White) sent you.

Rich

joedogboy
08-06-2010, 4:04 PM
I don't know if Big 5 does dealer transfers, but they are strictly legit on FTF rifle PPTs.

shooting4life
08-06-2010, 7:19 PM
City arms in Pacifica were 75 total last I checked but only accept from ffl's. Rogers relics in Santa Clara are 65 for long gu s and 75 for handguns. Good people but tough hours to work around if you do the 8-5 thing.

WokMaster1
08-06-2010, 7:53 PM
Hi I am new to this site. Who charges a reasonable transfer fee to receive an out of state Rifle I purchased? I live in Marin County and have been qouted $135 to receive my rifle here. I would not mind driving to adjacent counties for a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Wael Hadid
Independence Armory
1270 A Petaluma Boulevard
Petaluma.

Used to be in Tomales.

randy
08-07-2010, 2:38 AM
Why didn't you ask before you bought?

bobnfloyd
08-07-2010, 6:22 AM
Roger's Relics is $40 for the transfer fee and then $25 the DROS, you will walk out paying $65 when you leave. Taxes are reported by you on your California Use Tax in your tax form of course. They are located in Santa Clara.

It's an FFL that is run out of house, but they are the nicest couple that I have had to deal with, highly recommended. Call in advance to tell them you are coming by and if they have time during the week and 9 to 12 on the Saturdays.