PDA

View Full Version : LUCC question

nicki
08-06-2010, 3:36 PM
I got that one can do a locked, unloaded concealed carry.

My question has to do with loaded magazines. How can they be carried.

Could they be carried concealed such as in one's pocket, under a jacket, etc.
or do they have to be in a locked container if concealed.

Carrying the loaded magazines exposed compromises the concept of carrying a concealed handgun.

Here is where I am going with this.

If you have you concealed handgun in a locked container that you can quickly unlock, you can get to you gun quickly.

The issue is how fast can you reload. From a UOC position I can draw and load in roughly 2 seconds from the time someone says go.

I figure my real time is roughly 1.5 seconds or so.

I draw with the slide already back and mag out, I'm not that super fast.

If one had a say a fanny pack with a lock you could undo real quickly, because the law says locked, there is no standard about how strong or complicated the lock has to be.

Hell, we could come up with a bullet button lock:D or super simple key log.

Of course we could just wait another few months for Sykes:o

taperxz
08-06-2010, 3:41 PM
I would have to think it would be no different than the rules of a locked gun in your vehicle. You could probably have the mag with the gun but not in the mag well. I could be wrong here but it seems to make sense.

Purple K
08-06-2010, 7:15 PM
I keep my loaded magazines and my unloaded pistol in the same locked compartment of my Maxpedition bag. It's perfectly legal.

hoffmang
08-06-2010, 8:29 PM
If part of the firearm is unconcealed, there is odd case law that says the magazine needs to be unconcealed as well. If the firearm is unloaded, concealed, in a locked container then the location or concealment of the magazines does not matter.

-Gene

N6ATF
08-06-2010, 9:08 PM
Except from a 4A violation standpoint. If you have mags exposed on your belt but gun locked and invisible, you've just handed RAS to the police that you probably have a gun, so they can open the container and check it for loaded status under 12031(e).

Or at least that's what I remember reading from the right people on here.

Mstrty
08-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Except from a 4A violation standpoint. If you have mags exposed on your belt but gun locked and invisible, you've just handed RAS to the police that you probably have a gun, so they can open the container and check it for loaded status under 12031(e).

Or at least that's what I remember reading from the right people on here.

So I should worry about an "e-check" with this rig?
Isnt this how everyone carrys their blackberry?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30278&d=1249874900