PDA

View Full Version : ATF spreadsheet of all 61,000 FFL holders in US

Falstaff
08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

I kinda surprised they freely publish this. Names, addresses of all FFL holders in the US in Excel spreadsheet form.

jdberger
08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Why not? It comes in handy.

sd_shooter
08-06-2010, 1:43 PM
I have an 03, but I'm not listed.

sd_shooter
08-06-2010, 1:44 PM
Why not? It comes in handy.

Handy for those wanting to steal firearms as well :(

ke6guj
08-06-2010, 1:50 PM
I have an 03, but I'm not listed.that list specifically excludes 03FFLs, for the privacy of the 03 since most 03s are gonna be private individiuals with their home address listed, as opposed to the rest of the FFL types, which are business FFLs.

jdberger
08-06-2010, 1:54 PM

Crap.

Looks like the phonebook should redact the addresses of all the banks....

That's where they keep the money, you know..... ;)

mariodesmo
08-06-2010, 3:36 PM
A lot of the information(lists) used by government agencies that is non-classified, is public information. For example you can go to your local property tax assessors office and see what people pay for annual property taxes on their real estate (homes). You can look it up by address. A lot of people think it's confidential, but it's not.

tenpercentfirearms
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM

If people can't look up guns (http://www.yellowpages.com/taft-ca/guns?g=Taft,+CA) in the Yellow Pages and figure out where I am, but they get my data off of the BATFE website instead and then try to break in, well I don't know what to say.

TripleT
08-08-2010, 5:03 AM
What is funny is the old text file, that could be downloaded, could only be accessed after entering your FFL #. The other strange thing is how the ATF had always used the #-##-##### format, yet here the whole FFL # is listed.

As weak as the old system was, it gave the appearance that the ATF was trying to keep the info out of the public venue. Now they say come on in. Not really distressing, just strange.

psssniper
08-08-2010, 8:04 AM
Alaska seems to be missing from the list

ke6guj
08-08-2010, 5:48 PM
Alaska's there, just have to do a little URL hacking to find it.

BayAreaShooter
08-08-2010, 8:20 PM
I saw a lot of Big-5 sales.

painkiller
08-27-2010, 8:39 PM
that list specifically excludes 03FFLs, for the privacy of the 03 since most 03s are gonna be private individiuals with their home address listed, as opposed to the rest of the FFL types, which are business FFLs

umm right cuz noone with an 01/07 ffll operates out of their home at all..........:confused:

ke6guj
08-27-2010, 8:53 PM
that list specifically excludes 03FFLs, for the privacy of the 03 since most 03s are gonna be private individiuals with their home address listed, as opposed to the rest of the FFL types, which are business FFLs

umm right cuz noone with an 01/07 ffll operates out of their home at all..........:confused:yes, some 01 or 07s may operate out of their homes, but they are operating as a business, not as a private collector. As a business, they should have a better security system. And since they have a business FFL, they have to attempt to make a profit, so they can't hide from everybody.

ke6guj
08-27-2010, 9:00 PM
What is funny is the old text file, that could be downloaded, could only be accessed after entering your FFL #. The other strange thing is how the ATF had always used the #-##-##### format, yet here the whole FFL # is listed.
it didn't have to be your FFL#, but could be anybodys. IIRC, I found an FFL# online somewhere and used that to DL the list the first time. After that, I could DL the list whenever I wanted to. And back then, it was in a space-deliniated text file that you had to import into excel if you wanted to be able to easily read it.

halifax
08-28-2010, 1:57 AM
Any FFL holders notice the increase in junk mail since the release? I sure have.