PDA

View Full Version : Beltfed AR Upper

WTSGDYBBR
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM
This is so sick . I aways wanted to own a saw as you know there is no semi auto version sold on the market from FN. I was looking into beltfed guns and ran across this check it out let me know what do you think .
http://lakesideguns.com/

ar15barrels
08-06-2010, 2:21 PM
The elusive Ares Shrike is what you seek.

LYw4tEGqtIk

WTSGDYBBR
08-06-2010, 5:12 PM
Are they even for sale ? I would like to order that upper do you know anyone who sales it ?

C.G.
08-06-2010, 8:37 PM
Are they even for sale ? I would like to order that upper do you know anyone who sales it ?

There is a major backlog from the manufacturer. On a great occasion they pop up on Gunbroker etc. for insane asking prices.

Charlie50
08-06-2010, 8:59 PM
My visa card is just melting looking at that video.... too cool, useless in CA, but cool

bjl333
08-06-2010, 9:17 PM
The elusive Ares Shrike is what you seek.

LYw4tEGqtIk

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW !!!!!

ir0nclash86
08-06-2010, 9:20 PM
Wow, Ares is pure sexines.

audiophil2
08-06-2010, 9:23 PM
This is so sick . I aways wanted to own a saw as you know there is no semi auto version sold on the market from FN. I was looking into beltfed guns and ran across this check it out let me know what do you think .
http://lakesideguns.com/

I have one of these uppers. it is unbelievably fun to operate.

50BMGBOB
08-06-2010, 9:51 PM
Lakeside is a great company and Eric is supportive of us here in CA. Lakeside is home of the 22LR beltfeds. I have a mini 1919 and they are a lot of fun. His 22LR beltfed upper, the Razor, is on my want list.

WTSGDYBBR
08-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Lakeside is a great company and Eric is supportive of us here in CA. Lakeside is home of the 22LR beltfeds. I have a mini 1919 and they are a lot of fun. His 22LR beltfed upper, the Razor, is on my want list.

How do you like your Mini 1919. I was sold on it before I saw the Ares Shrike. I away's wanted a Saw as you know that's just a dream. I would say the Ares Shrike is as close as of a saw that I may get.

50BMGBOB
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I love my mini 1919. I did put a longer barrel than most to avoid the whole title 1 debate. The Tippman 1919 where always register as handguns in CA because of the 12" barrels. mine has a 16.5" barrel. I figured to error on the side of caution.

I would do a Razor as a pistol except there is no rimfire exemption for handguns in the CA AW ban. Sense I have a 22LR beltfed while it is on my want list, it isn't the top of my list. It does kind of suck only being able to use 10 round belts in CA. I do have links to make longer belts when out of state. But the cloth belts mean you don't have to pick up all the little links. Still, beltfed guns are a lot of fun.

WTSGDYBBR
08-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I never seen 22Lr blanks but I have heard people linking belts together with a 11th blank round. Good to hear you like it . The gun looks very nice.

I love my mini 1919. I did put a longer barrel than most to avoid the whole title 1 debate. The Tippman 1919 where always register as handguns in CA because of the 12" barrels. mine has a 16.5" barrel. I figured to error on the side of caution.

I would do a Razor as a pistol except there is no rimfire exemption for handguns in the CA AW ban. Sense I have a 22LR beltfed while it is on my want list, it isn't the top of my list. It does kind of suck only being able to use 10 round belts in CA. I do have links to make longer belts when out of state. But the cloth belts mean you don't have to pick up all the little links. Still, beltfed guns are a lot of fun.

ir0nclash86
08-06-2010, 11:05 PM
If you want a real SAW you could always join the Army or National Guard as Infantry :D just saying...

50BMGBOB
08-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I never seen 22Lr blanks but I have heard people linking belts together with a 11th blank round. Good to hear you like it . The gun looks very nice.

I haven't heard that before. I know people have taken longer belts owned before the ban and put dummy rounds in at like 13-15 from the end so the gun would stop before it got to 11 rounds and they could repair it by adding more links to keep them over the limit. The 10 rd limit law is one that I am hoping will go away so I can get some longer cloth belts for my mini.

CSACANNONEER
08-07-2010, 1:01 PM

I have .22 blanks and even a .22 blank gun but, the cases are too short to link or even put in a cloth belt. BTW, I think you mean dummy rounds instead of blanks.