PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Deep Creek

Martin_B
08-06-2010, 8:38 AM
Anyone fish Deep Creek before? I was looking to do some trout fishing and figured I'd give the creek a try. What is the best campsite to utilize? How far of a hike is it to the creek from the site? Is it truck accessible? Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

faterikcartman
08-06-2010, 2:09 PM
Not since the 1980's. Caught my first wild stream Rainbow trout there on a barbless nymph fly.

Heard there is a lot of trash these days. Hope that info is wrong. There was a bit of a hike up and down a hill if I remember right. Wish I could give you current and well-remembered information, but I just wanted to reminisce about good ole days.

radio2
08-06-2010, 8:54 PM
Are you talking about Deep Creek in Victorville?
If so I use to go there in the 80's to the hot springs and fishing was so so. I dont know about now a days, Might be better

spectr17
08-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I was up there this spring and the creek was flowing pretty good with some decent pools from Splinter's cabin downstream to the hot springs below Bowen Ranch. We weren't fishing, we were turkey hunting, but the USNF workers and said fishing was pretty good. Check out Devil's Hole too..