PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that "UNLOADED GUNS STILL SHOOT PEOPLE!"

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 9:25 AM
ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsX7STHqNg

ON PHOTOBUCK
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/JJKESSEL/th_IMG_1099.jpg (http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/JJKESSEL/?action=view&current=IMG_1099.mp4)

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 9:25 AM
OK, so I saw this and almost lost my mind!

VegasND
08-06-2010, 9:30 AM
It's wonderful how only the best and brightest are elected to political office.

:tt2:

Bhobbs
08-06-2010, 9:32 AM
Wow........
facepalm

Paul S
08-06-2010, 9:33 AM
Ignorance can be solved by education.
Stupid is unrepairable.

Paul S

Davidoff
08-06-2010, 9:36 AM
Ahhh, my brain hurts...

From my experience, shooting a gun that is unloaded is called "dry firing". I can say with absolute certainty that I don't have holes in my walls at home after "shooting an unloaded gun" thousands of times in my living room.

I hate when people who have no idea what they are saying want to interject into a subject they know nothing about.

Tim Leese
08-06-2010, 9:39 AM
Is there any reason why that lady shouldnt be recalled ASAP and maybe sent to prison for being so stupid ?

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 9:49 AM
I agree... We should start a campaign to oust these incredibly ignorant public servants. We can start with:

Councilmember
Sandy Sheedy
Sacramento District 2
(916)808-7002

"If you live North of the American River in Del Paso Heights, Dixieanne, Hagginwood, Noralto, North Sacramento, Parker Homes, Robla, Strawberry Manor, Woodlake, or Young's Heights, I am your City Council representative."

jb7706
08-06-2010, 9:54 AM
I just don't know what to say. Total...loss...of...words. I honestly think that she managed to suck IQ points straight from my head.

AMDG
08-06-2010, 9:55 AM
Our country is doomed. This Sandy Sheedy is the perfect example of the caliber of our elected officials. The masses are getting dumber and poorer and don't demand anything from the government but free stuff. All states have a cycle/lifetime (think Rome) and ours has peaked and is headed down.

I hope we are lucky enough to end up like the movie Idiocracy because I think the alternative is destruction or enslavement by another state.

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 9:57 AM
Why do statements like this not even surprise me anymore? Perhaps it is living in CA, where our politicians are even more clueless than everyone else's?

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 9:59 AM
Is there any reason why that lady shouldnt be recalled ASAP and maybe sent to prison for being so stupid ?

If we started sending people to prison for stupidity, we'd have exponentially more issues with overcrowding than we have currently. That being said, I'm willing to give it a try.

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Ahhh, my brain hurts...

From my experience, shooting a gun that is unloaded is called "dry firing". I can say with absolute certainty that I don't have holes in my walls at home after "shooting an unloaded gun" thousands of times in my living room.

I hate when people who have no idea what they are saying want to interject into a subject they know nothing about.

Perhaps she means dry firing with snap caps? Perhaps there is an infinitessimally small chance that a dry fired snap cap could fracture, sending out a piece of plastic shrapnel that could "shoot your eye out"?

Hoologan
08-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Wow!

leelaw
08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
"Many people have been run over by stationary vehicles"

That made my head hurt.. Anyone else think that XD looks really weird with the grip extension on a subcompact?

nick
08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
I suppose you could club someone with it... Although I'd rather use a fist, it's much more controllable :)

thayne
08-06-2010, 10:05 AM
shes an unloaded gun

nick
08-06-2010, 10:05 AM
"Many people have been run over by stationary vehicles"

That made my head hurt.. Anyone else think that XD looks really weird with the grip extension on a subcompact?

Nah, it looks fine. It's quite comfortable, too (I have one for a night stand gun).

joedogboy
08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't think that the "unloaded gun" part of her comment was stupid, but the "loaded or not, it still presents a threat" part was.

C'mon, we all know that the supposedly "unloaded" gun is the result of many negligent discharges and accidents. That should be one of the first things drummed into you during your initial firearms safety training.

I'm sure we all know of someone who was handling a gun that was supposedly "unloaded" when it fired - even if we only admit to it happening to "a friend of a friend".

As to other things in the clip - if I were to UOC, I would certainly not have a mag in the handgun - that is an invitation to an "e check" - the magazine in the weapon gives much more pc for suspicion of carrying a loaded handgun than the possibility that a handgun with an empty magazine well has a round in the chamber (which we all know is also possible).

ironpegasus
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Really? I mean really? I had to listen to that twice because for a second I thought my sense of reality failed and I was hallucinating when I heard her say that people have been shot with an unloaded gun. If you read the manual for a Glock, it tells you to pull the trigger on the unloaded weapon prior to storage.
I guess there'll be a class action lawsuit now against Glock for all those people killed by the phantom bullets - after all, the manufacturer must have known it was advocating dangerous practices that could result in bodily injury or death by pulling the trigger on a weapon with no magazine and an empty chamber.

iareConfusE
08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Someone should mail Sandy Sheedy some education on how firearms work, lol. Maybe she thinks every time you pull the trigger with a loaded gun, it shoots bullets, and every time you pull the trigger with an unloaded gun, it shoots plain firing pins, lol.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
08-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Why isn't it illegal to make openly idiotic and untrue statements in opposition to fundamentally guaranteed rights?

At the very least she should be recalled. This is almost as bad as "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy. Why are politicians allowed to make significant changes in areas of law in which they have no experience?

Although, thinking of it, it is possible to pistolwhip somebody with an unloaded gun. Don't know why you would though. Loading it would make it heavier.

SJgunguy24
08-06-2010, 10:27 AM
I'd bet money that womans loaded mouth has done more to hurt people, restrict our constitutional rights, and bankrupt California then every unloaded gun in the state.

SJgunguy24
08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Why isn't it illegal to make openly idiotic and untrue statements in opposition to fundamentally guaranteed rights?
Of course not, the MSM does it 2 times a night, it's called the "News"

At the very least she should be recalled. This is almost as bad as "shoulder thing that goes up" Feinstein. Why are politicians allowed to make significant changes in areas of law in which they have no experience?

Although, thinking of it, it is possible to pistolwhip somebody with an unloaded gun. Don't know why you would though. Loading it would make it heavier.

Carolyn McCarthy said that.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ospNRk2uM3U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ospNRk2uM3U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Aleksandr Mravinsky
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks. I just edited the comment.

bjl333
08-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd bet money that womans loaded mouth has done more to hurt people, restrict our constitutional rights, and bankrupt California then every unloaded gun in the state.

I would say politicians instead of women !!! So our Calgun sisters won't get mad ... :p

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Has anyone else noticed this sign outside the CA state assembly building?
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/wherryj/This.jpg

BoxesOfLiberty
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I would say politicians instead of women !!! So our Calgun sisters won't get mad ... :p

In this case, "woman's loaded mouth" is correct. She is a woman. If she were male, "that guy's loaded mouth" would be perfectly appropriate. There is no bias in the mere acknowledgement of gender, or in the use of accurate non-gender-neutral language or pronouns (e.g. "her loaded mouth").

just my off-topic $.02

Sometimes I feel like someone has to police the PC police.

RomanDad
08-06-2010, 11:16 AM
There have been many people who have fallen down a flight of stairs in a one story ranch style house.

There have been many people who have been hit by cars while water-skiing.

SJgunguy24
08-06-2010, 11:18 AM
In this case, "woman's loaded mouth" is correct. She is a woman. If she were male, "that guy's loaded mouth" would be perfectly appropriate. There is no bias in the mere acknowledgement of gender, or in the use of accurate non-gender-neutral language or pronouns (e.g. "her loaded mouth").

just my off-topic $.02

Sometimes I feel like someone has to police the PC police.

If it was guy's loaded mouth I would call him a liar and shut it for him.

joedogboy
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/teen+shot+in+face+with+%27unloaded%27+gun

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/%60UNLOADED%27+PISTOL+WASN%27T+WOUNDED+KINGSGATE+T EENAGER+RECOVERING+AFTER...-a064736925

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-boy-shot-dies-playing-russian-roulette,0,560478.story

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/43651

http://www.ultimateclearlake.com/2010/07/pinkie-severed-accidental-shooting-league-city-gun-shop

http://www.spike.com/video/cop-shoots-self/2666627

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/off-topic-chat-sponsored-shiloh-shooting-range/15201-ad-aransas-pass-gun-show-today.html

http://gazettextra.com/weblogs/latest-news/2010/jun/07/2-year-old-dies-self-inflicted-gunshot/

One of the most basic rules of gun safety is that you always assume that every gun is loaded at all times. Even if you just checked the chamber and saw that it was empty. Even if you 'know' that it's loaded with blanks.

From a safety perspective, there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. The vast majority of gun-related accidents happen with 'unloaded' guns that were handled with that incorrect assumption. When people start acting like a firearm in their hands cannot cause harm, that often leads to death or injury.
http://rule-303.blogspot.com/2008/06/there-are-no-unloaded-guns.html

There is no such thing as an unloaded gun
by Piney Woods Pete | 4, Add your Comment | Jun 16, 2009

child_gun_444You’ve heard the story so many times, you already know what the bereaved parents or aunts or neighbors are going to say. You don’t, you can’t, know the horror and dread that’s ahead for the loved ones after a child dies from an accidental gunshot.

A brother, a playmate, someone innocent, pulled the trigger. He didn’t know the gun was loaded. The police said it was a tragic accident.

Some will call for gun control, for mandatory locks, for better parental control, for more educational programs.

None of those will happen or work. Here’s the thing we need to say to every child and to each other so often, so forcefully, so dramatically, that no one doubts: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN.

http://likethedew.com/2009/06/16/there-is-no-such-thing-as-an-unloaded-gun/

jb7706
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
There have been many people who have fallen down a flight of stairs in a one story ranch style house.

There have been many people who have been hit by cars while water-skiing.

...many people with severe sunburn while working in underground mines.
...many people killed whose parachute failed to open while sitting on their couch at home.
...many people electrocuted by high tension wires in December 1406.

Ah, the list goes on. :D

PyroFox79
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Not to side with the "politician", but she may have been referring to firearms that people thought were unloaded, and in turn pulled the trigger and shot someone. Though I highly doubt this and believe she is an idiot. Her handlers should have brought her up to speed.

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think that the "unloaded gun" part of her comment was stupid, but the "loaded or not, it still presents a threat" part was.

C'mon, we all know that the supposedly "unloaded" gun is the result of many negligent discharges and accidents. That should be one of the first things drummed into you during your initial firearms safety training.

I'm sure we all know of someone who was handling a gun that was supposedly "unloaded" when it fired - even if we only admit to it happening to "a friend of a friend".

As to other things in the clip - if I were to UOC, I would certainly not have a mag in the handgun - that is an invitation to an "e check" - the magazine in the weapon gives much more pc for suspicion of carrying a loaded handgun than the possibility that a handgun with an empty magazine well has a round in the chamber (which we all know is also possible).

I am 100% sure the footage from the news was not taken of people open carrying... The news agencies for stories like this use old footage. It was probably from a segment from another state. Also, yes I agree there is a risk from people that "think" there gun is unloaded, but his or her negligence does not make the gun loaded. Personal error does not determine if a gun is loaded. If a gun has a round in the chamber it is loaded, regardless of what the person "thought" it was. To the logical conclusion, therefor a gun that is unloaded must have no round in the chamber. The part that bothers me is that it is already illegal to have a round in the chamber and carry it on your hip. This law will make it illegal illegal to do what is already safe. It is safe to carry an unloaded weapon, hence this lady's ignorance. The law that should be passed is this; it would be a violation to hold anything made of metal or polymer (plastic) that weighs over 9 ounces (determined by a massive state bureaucracy that spends millions to test the corresponding weight of said thrown object) in your hand because that said object could be propelled and strike an individual in his or her head causing great bodily harm or death.

I mean this crap is so far beyond ridiculous, I don't even know where to start.

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM

At the very least she should be recalled. This is almost as bad as "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy. Why are politicians allowed to make significant changes in areas of law in which they have no experience?

A pistol whip is not a shooting though, but I would expect that moron to know the difference.

JJKESSEL
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Not to side with the "politician", but she may have been referring to firearms that people thought were unloaded, and in turn pulled the trigger and shot someone. Though I highly doubt this and believe she is an idiot. Her handlers should have brought her up to speed.

I agree with you and I believe that is exactly what she meant. What she should say, instead of trying to take the unloaded guns is that she wants ALL guns GONE from California... Because that is the next logical step.

PyroFox79
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree with you and I believe that is exactly what she meant. What she should say, instead of trying to take the unloaded guns is that she wants ALL guns GONE from California... Because that is the next logical step.

Of course that would be the next step...lol

Window_Seat
08-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Let her and others "in power" keep making those kinds of statements specifically because when they do, it leads to questions that lead to proposals to reverse failed gun control policy, whether it's in the Legislatures or in the Courts.

Erik.

stix213
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I almost killed myself once with an unloaded gun...

oh wait, no I didn't.... I was thinking about that one pizza that got me pretty sick. Yeah unloaded guns are hard to hurt people with, except for the dreaded slide bite :p

pnkssbtz
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Isn't it technically impossible to be "shot" with an unloaded gun?

Milsurp Collector
08-06-2010, 1:14 PM
Yes, politicians say dumb things, and the media love to soundbite quotes out of context to make people look stupid, but most likely she meant "unloaded" with quotes as in "I thought the gun was 'unloaded'".

Politicians say enough really dumb things to make fun of without us having to jump at the bait thrown by the media. Don't let the media manipulate you so easily.

Jefferson County man killed in accidental shooting with 'unloaded' gun

WHITE PINE - Jefferson County authorities today are reviewing a 19-year-old boy's death in an accidental shooting overnight.

William Michael Clarence Evans died around 1:30 a.m. when a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol went off in the hand of a 16-year-old friend, Jefferson County Sheriff David Davenport said.

"They were handling or examining it for some reason," the sheriff said. "Evidently, they thought it was unloaded. The 16-year-old pulled the trigger and the bullet hit the 19-year-old in the forehead and killed him."

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/23/jefferson-county-man-killed-accidental-shooting-un/?

Teen Shot in Face with 'Unloaded' Gun

Published : Monday, 09 Nov 2009, 10:48 AM CST

myfoxdfw.com

DALLAS - A young man is charged with murder after allegedly shooting a teenage girl in the face.

Kristopher Esner of Mesquite shot and killed 17-year-old Sarah Sistrunk on Nov. 5, officials said.

According to Mesquite police, the 21-year-old suspect thought he was pointing an unloaded gun at the victim he pulled the trigger.

They said Sistrunk was shot in the face and later died.

Officers arrested Esner hours later during a traffic stop, police said.

They said Esner had stolen the firearm from his boss and still had it in his possession.

He is in jail on a $250,000.00 bond.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/teen+shot+in+face+with+%27unloaded%27+gun

Teen kills friend with 'unloaded' gun

09:00 AM PDT on Thursday, April 8, 2010

A 16-year-old San Bernardino boy fatally shot his friend yesterday while playing with a shotgun that the teens apparently thought was empty, police say.

"It was a tragedy. It was an accident," homicide Detective Bill Flesher said of the 3:30 p.m. slaying Wednesday at the shooter's home along the 400 block of South Rancho. Avenue. "They had a gun, and they were messing around with it. And the gun went off. They thought it was unloaded."

The shotgun was owned by the shooter's older brother.

The 16-year-old victim, identified as Eric Andrew Perez, died at the scene. The other boy was booked into San Bernardino Juvenile Hall for investigation of murder until prosecutors review the case and determine whether any criminal charges ought to be filed.

"I think it was an accident," Flesher emphasized. "But it's going to be submitted to the district attorney's office, and they'll make the decision on what they want to do about it."

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_W_webgun.1423f12.html

rero360
08-06-2010, 1:36 PM
While not to discredit the pain and sorrow these individuals loved ones must have felt, if an individual is ratarded enough to let their friend point a gun at them and pull the trigger then they deserve to be removed from the gene pool, as should the individual who pulled the trigger.

I mean really, many of these types of incidents were usually proceeded by "here, hold my beer, watch this"

The only time outside of force on force training using blanks or submunitions that I can really see the need to point a gun at another person without the intention of shooting them is for movies and then they have so many safety measures in effect to prevent a repeat of Brandon Lee.

And the Politian in the OP is a ratard.

pnkssbtz
08-06-2010, 1:36 PM
Yes, politicians say dumb things, and the media love to soundbite quotes out of context to make people look stupid, but most likely she meant "unloaded" with quotes as in "I thought the gun was 'unloaded'".

Politicians say enough really dumb things to make fun of without us having to jump at the bait thrown by the media. Don't let the media manipulate you so easily.
In each of these incidents you quote, none of the firearms were unloaded. The person's handling the firearms thought they were unloaded, but they were in fact loaded.

What is next, do they start including alien attacks and zombie outbreaks as the cause of death in the obituary section?

As a test of this, imagine a nice juicy cheeseburger in front of you.
Now try and eat said imaginary cheeseburger.
If you actually successfully bite into, said imaginary cheeseburger, congratulations! Your cheeseburger is not imaginary but actually real!
If you fail to successfully bite into you your imaginary cheeseburger, your cheeseburger does not exist (hence it being imaginary.)
Therefor you cannot eat what doesn't exist.

Likewise a firearm cannot shoot a bullet it is not loaded with (unloaded). If it DOES shoot a bullet, it is in fact loaded.

REH
08-06-2010, 1:43 PM
Let her and others "in power" keep making those kinds of statements specifically because when they do, it leads to questions that lead to proposals to reverse failed gun control policy, whether it's in the Legislatures or in the Courts.

Erik.

The problem is, no one is calling them on this. News outlets in general just nod their head in agreement. How many times have you seen a picture of a gun in the back ground when they are reporting a murder? Then you find the person died of knife wounds.

Milsurp Collector
08-06-2010, 2:02 PM
In each of these incidents you quote, none of the firearms were unloaded. The person's handling the firearms thought they were unloaded, but they were in fact loaded.

What is next, do they start including alien attacks and zombie outbreaks as the cause of death in the obituary section?

As a test of this, imagine a nice juicy cheeseburger in front of you.
Now try and eat said imaginary cheeseburger.
If you actually successfully bite into, said imaginary cheeseburger, congratulations! Your cheeseburger is not imaginary but actually real!
If you fail to successfully bite into you your imaginary cheeseburger, your cheeseburger does not exist (hence it being imaginary.)
Therefor you cannot eat what doesn't exist.

Likewise a firearm cannot shoot a bullet it is not loaded with (unloaded). If it DOES shoot a bullet, it is in fact loaded.

No kidding, really? If you didn't understand my previous post then I guess additional explanation is pointless.

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 2:33 PM

If so, perhaps she should have said something like, "firearms people thought were unloaded" or "presumed to be unloaded" rather than "duhhh, I can see Russia from my house"...Ooops wrong Pol.

Vox
08-06-2010, 2:37 PM
all she had to do was air quotes... an "unloaded" gun can still kill but an unloaded gun cannot... One is your understanding of the firearm, the other is the actual state of being... Schrodinger's Cat situation there.

grunz
08-06-2010, 2:38 PM
If politicians these days were not so blatantly stupid I would have actually given the Rep benefit of the doubt on the "unloaded" comment being a reference to NDs... Maybe... But..... No....

Wow!

mosinnagantm9130
08-06-2010, 2:49 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ospNRk2uM3U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ospNRk2uM3U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/mosinnagantm9130/Motivators%20and%20Stuff/barrel-shroud.png

BoxesOfLiberty
08-06-2010, 2:59 PM

Technically yes, however if the unloaded gun has a shoulder thing, and the shoulder thing suddenly goes up ... all bets are off.

CharlieK
08-06-2010, 3:27 PM
She's the district 2 city councilperson in Sacramento. Call her at 916-808-7002 and let her know how you feel.

joedogboy
08-06-2010, 3:40 PM
I can't believe that so many people on a gun forum have no inkling of the basic rules of firearms safety.

1) Never point a loaded firearm at anything or anyone that you do not intend to kill, destroy, damage, or harm.

2) Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.

Repeat after me: Every firearm is a loaded firearm until I personally inspect it to ensure that it is unloaded.

3) ...

(other safety rules follow from here)

pnkssbtz
08-06-2010, 4:33 PM
No kidding, really? If you didn't understand my previous post then I guess additional explanation is pointless.Sorry, I replied to you, but was more responding to the authors of the news articles you were quoting (but didn't come out because they were a quote of a quote.)

I agree with your opinion. But I think it is misleading by the News Outlets because clearly the firearms were loaded, and that the victims thought they were unloaded, but their presentation of events are carefully constructed to garner more viewership.

Plus I was hungry and thinking of a cheeseburger...

Paul S
08-06-2010, 4:54 PM

Then the stupid widget should have said that ! :confused:

Paul S

BluNorthern
08-06-2010, 5:10 PM
[COLOR="Red"]

Then the stupid widget should have said that ! :confused:

Paul S
That's it right there! Why are you making excuses for her? She said what she said and that's the end of it. Qualifying stupid, inept, bald-faced lies and remarks made by them are their jobs. It's called responsibility.

Hoologan
08-06-2010, 6:11 PM

Uh... Yes. Welcome to the party. :sleeping:

PsychGuy274
08-06-2010, 6:27 PM

Not when your groping for anything to try and support your side of an argument while it crumbles from beneath you.

Wherryj
08-06-2010, 6:42 PM
I can't believe that so many people on a gun forum have no inkling of the basic rules of firearms safety.

1) Never point a loaded firearm at anything or anyone that you do not intend to kill, destroy, damage, or harm.

2) Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.

Repeat after me: Every firearm is a loaded firearm until I personally inspect it to ensure that it is unloaded.

3) ...

(other safety rules follow from here)
Sage advice. However, even though one MUST treat ALL firearms as IF they were loaded, one that is TRUELY unloaded CANNOT shoot someone.

Firearms, at least those that I am familiar with, require some sort of AMMUNITION to shoot someone. Thus, the reason that CA's pols are trying to ban/restrict ammunition. What would be the sense of restricting ammunition if we gun-crazed, baby killing, single-handed-weapons-of-mass-destruction anarchists could STILL shoot people?

It would seem to me to be rather contrary to this Pol's statement that unloaded guns still shoot people.

robcoe
08-06-2010, 7:17 PM
ON YOUTUBE

ON PHOTOBUCK
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/JJKESSEL/th_IMG_1099.jpg (http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/JJKESSEL/?action=view&current=IMG_1099.mp4)

All I can say in response is

WAOxY_nHdew

diginit
08-06-2010, 9:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that she meant "People have been shot by guns "thought" to be unloaded. Which, unfortunately, is true. But her statement sounded totally stupid to me. As per my comment on the Utube page.
But what do you expect from an anti that's wearing rose colored glasses while sufficating with their head up their ***. They need a week or so in the REAL world. She would most likely die from fear wishing she had a gun to defend herself.

HondaMasterTech
08-06-2010, 9:41 PM
Incredible.

pitchbaby
08-06-2010, 9:47 PM
I just don't know what to say. Total...loss...of...words. I honestly think that she managed to suck IQ points straight from my head.

Ya, something like what JB said. Sorry I can't say more, I'm still trying to recover.

N6ATF
08-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Ignorance can be solved by education.
Stupid is unrepairable.

Paul S

Feigned ignorance and stupidity to cover for treason is repairable. The government refuses to prosecute itself though.

Roadrunner
08-07-2010, 1:29 AM
As a kid, when my dad was teaching me how to shoot, he always taught me to check the breach when receiving a firearm from someone, because people have been shot with unloaded firearms. The point to him saying that, was to stress that people who thought a firearm was unloaded, accidentally shot themselves or someone else. Just giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she meant that. Or not.

cr250chevy
08-07-2010, 1:48 AM
society is officially doomed.....

Munk
08-07-2010, 3:39 AM
As a kid, when my dad was teaching me how to shoot, he always taught me to check the breach when receiving a firearm from someone, because people have been shot with unloaded firearms. The point to him saying that, was to stress that people who thought a firearm was unloaded, accidentally shot themselves or someone else. Just giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she meant that. Or not.

I still do this myself, even if it's a gunstore clerk who just checked the gun, then handed it to me. I don't trust those bastards at all, especially with all the FUD they spew.

I'm sad to see people of her calibur as elected officials. I'm glad she doesn't represent my area, but i'm sure there's some idiot in my local government who's just as full of crud.

Earlier there was a quote One of the most basic rules of gun safety is that you always assume that every gun is loaded at all times. Even if you just checked the chamber and saw that it was empty. Even if you 'know' that it's loaded with blanks
... being loaded with blanks is just that... BEING LOADED. Blanks kill. Either the wad/plug on the end (i've got .30-06 with wood plugs) will act as a lightweight projectile, still very lethal; or the actual gasses escaping the barrel will do the job at point blank range. They can launch anything that is placed in/ontop of the barrel like a golfball launcher (fun stuff), or a piece of lethal debris(Brandon Lee).

pitchbaby
08-07-2010, 7:12 AM

I would be surprised if anyone here did not think she meant what you describe, but there are certain acceptable ways to express ones self to make the point that is opposite to her words. She didn't use any such expression. That alone shows lack of communication ability that I think would be a mandatory skill in a representative of the people at large.

RRichie09
08-07-2010, 7:50 AM

THIS. You all know what she meant. The only stupid thing was her not clearly stating her point.

Rozero1234
08-07-2010, 8:03 AM
Lots of knee jerk responses to the video. i'm gonna reserve judgment and assume that the statement made by the lady in the video was taken out of context (intentionally or not its still funny) by the editor of the video interview. Anyway, I think we all know what she meant by being shot by unloaded guns.

adrenaline
08-07-2010, 8:07 AM
If you shove a bunch of unloaded hanguns down a canon and cram it in there real good....then there is a chance that if that cannon is fired at you....you may get shot by an unloaded handgun.

erratikmind
08-07-2010, 8:29 AM

To coin a old phrase, as spoken by the late Bruce Lee, that is "Fighting without fighting". LMAO

When people have an IQ, which is equivalent to their shoe size, nothing they say or do surprises me.

BluNorthern
08-07-2010, 8:51 AM
Maybe she meant that a gun, loaded or not, when seen by the public or LE is interpreted as a threat. I mean, since everyone here seems hell bent on making excuses for her. Little wonder that our rights are trampled on in California, we're attacked by this woman and everyone aids and comforts her by saying "Oh, she really didn't mean that". Jesus!!!

N6ATF
08-07-2010, 11:51 AM
If you shove a bunch of unloaded hanguns down a canon and cram it in there real good....then there is a chance that if that cannon is fired at you....you may get shot by an unloaded handgun.

Ha!

Josey Wales
08-07-2010, 3:49 PM
Ya, well, my computer misspells all the time.

joedogboy
08-07-2010, 4:44 PM
Maybe she meant that a gun, loaded or not, when seen by the public or LE is interpreted as a threat. I mean, since everyone here seems hell bent on making excuses for her. Little wonder that our rights are trampled on in California, we're attacked by this woman and everyone aids and comforts her by saying "Oh, she really didn't mean that". Jesus!!!

Everyone?

Three or four people point out that what she said about "unloaded" firearms is the same thing that you will hear from a good firearms safety instructor, and all of a sudden, we are all on her side?

Give me a break.

Find valid things to disagree with her about. Oppose her on the basis of the unconstitutionality of the law she supports, not by taking one statement out of context and trying to make her look stupid. She can make herself look stupid - and doesn't need our help.

This is not even close to things like "the shoulder thing that goes up", or muzzle sweeping a crowd with an AK, or claiming that a semi-auto rifle is a "machine gun" and showing video of a full-auto assault rifle to purposefully deceive your audience, or claiming that the only reason anyone would own an AR is because they plan to commit crimes with it.

BluNorthern
08-07-2010, 5:21 PM
Everyone?

Three or four people point out that what she said about "unloaded" firearms is the same thing that you will hear from a good firearms safety instructor, and all of a sudden, we are all on her side?

Give me a break.

Find valid things to disagree with her about. Oppose her on the basis of the unconstitutionality of the law she supports, not by taking one statement out of context and trying to make her look stupid. She can make herself look stupid - and doesn't need our help.

This is not even close to things like "the shoulder thing that goes up", or muzzle sweeping a crowd with an AK, or claiming that a semi-auto rifle is a "machine gun" and showing video of a full-auto assault rifle to purposefully deceive your audience, or claiming that the only reason anyone would own an AR is because they plan to commit crimes with it.

You're right, "everyone" was too broad a stroke on my part. It just pisses me off to continually see the anti-gun press, lobby, and legislators toss statements like this around. Publicly stated mistruths and bald-faced lies, unchallenged by no one but those on these forums, and accepted as gospel by the public, I assume.

Dhena81
08-07-2010, 5:36 PM
I don't have a problem with someones views if they differ from mine but I do mind if someone that has absolutely no idea what the hell their talking about can make decisions about things that directly affect my life.

This lady has no idea what she's talking about I know when I open a business I'm going to hire people that are smarter than me why did we hire her. Point is why would someone have a part in making a decision they know nothing about.

I don't involve myself when my fiance asks me what color should we paint the house and what kind of curtains we should get. On the same note I don't ask her what kind of tool or firearm I should get next they all look the same to her.

blacksheep
08-07-2010, 5:39 PM
I believe STUPID should hurt.:(

tonelar
08-07-2010, 5:58 PM
she's retarded; however she does have a point

RULE #1: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

If everyone followed this rule, there'd be no NDs or ADs ever.

joedogboy
08-07-2010, 6:41 PM
she's retarded; however she does have a point

RULE #1: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

If everyone followed this rule, there'd be no NDs or ADs ever.

Well, there would be far fewer NDs, but since Accidental Discharges are caused by things like mechanical failure, or outside interference, rather than operator error/negligence, we would still have ADs.

rugershooter
08-07-2010, 6:52 PM
ON YOUTUBE

ON PHOTOBUCK

You can't fix stupid....
That is, if she really is that stupid, but I doubt she is. She's just using the Open Carry opposition soapbox for her political agenda. The thing is, a lot of people really are that stupid and are actually going to believe that ***.

rugershooter
08-07-2010, 7:08 PM
THIS. You all know what she meant. The only stupid thing was her not clearly stating her point.

Considering that there are people like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSUopq55xM8
I'm not so sure that's what she meant. If people are seriously saying that we shouldn't be able to protest with clearly empty holsters because we don't know whether the holster is empty or not, why should I believe that someone saying that people get shot with unloaded guns doesn't mean just that?

snobord99
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Wait, none of you have seen an unloaded gun pick up a loaded gun and shoot someone?

rugershooter
08-08-2010, 1:30 PM
Wait, none of you have seen an unloaded gun pick up a loaded gun and shoot someone?

I've been waiting for the loaded Ar-15 from Assault Weapons Watch to just start shooting people.

http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

tileguy
08-08-2010, 7:04 PM
maybe she meant if you were in Palo Alto and the cops shot you while you were unloaded open carrying. oh by accident of course

snobord99
08-08-2010, 8:39 PM
I've been waiting for the loaded Ar-15 from Assault Weapons Watch to just start shooting people.

http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

I don't know. I think you're watching the wrong gun. That looks like it'll stab people instead of shooting them.

Chester
08-08-2010, 9:12 PM
Holy crap! Do you guys realize what this means?

We no longer have to put fuel in our cars for them go!
... and we are all doomed.

N6ATF
08-08-2010, 9:22 PM
maybe she meant if you were in East Palo Alto and the cops shot you while you were unloaded open carrying. oh by accident of course

Fixed.

pTa
08-08-2010, 9:59 PM
One of the most common things you here after accidental shooting is that someone thought the gun wasn't loaded
Thats proly what whatsername is refering to / ignorant b*tch

Wherryj
08-09-2010, 1:47 PM
To coin a old phrase, as spoken by the late Bruce Lee, that is "Fighting without fighting". LMAO

When people have an IQ, which is equivalent to their shoe size, nothing they say or do surprises me.

I guess that would have been Bruce Lee channeling Sun Tzu.

badicedog
08-09-2010, 1:50 PM
One thought only... BLEACH IN HER GENE POOL....

1Fastrider
08-09-2010, 2:23 PM
My fav quote from the comments section on youtube
"You can get shot by an unloaded gun... Well, sort of. What you do is scream BANG then pistol whip them until they die."

Oh and thanks for the laugh. Much needed.

HogKiller
08-09-2010, 8:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed this sign outside the CA state assembly building?
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/wherryj/This.jpg

LMAO :hurray: