PDA

View Full Version : Moving out of state. When can I buy?

WW2Buff
08-06-2010, 7:23 AM
Hi all,

In a few weeks I am moving to Colorado and am taking a few guns but I am more interested in figuring out when I can start buying there. Is it necessary to establish residency there? Any insight would help from people who have done this before. Thanks in advance. -Ben

Corbin Dallas
08-06-2010, 7:37 AM
How Ironic, I'm interviewing for a job in Denver and if all goes well, I'll be moving out of CA as well.

From what I understand as soon as you establish residence, change your DL & Registration, you're GTG.

Additionally, make sure you check ALL the firearms laws in CO as each city has the right to enhance the current state laws.

For instance, it's perfectly legal to own a 30 round magazine, but NOT in the county of Denver. There a 30 rounder will land you in jail, even for possession AND even if you're merely traveling through.

I HIGHLY suggest you read this FAQ from RMGO.com

http://www.rmgo.org/faq/#AssaultWeapons

Greg-Dawg
08-06-2010, 8:00 AM
Establish residency by applying for a driver's license, get a lawyer, apply for a Class III license and buy everything full auto...I hope you make some good $$$$ while there.

rromeo
08-06-2010, 8:09 AM
Some states are likely different. In Virginia, your drivers license must be 30 days old.

WW2Buff
08-06-2010, 3:00 PM
I'm going for school but a SBR is first up. Thanks for your help guys. Any more tips are appreciated. Btw, I'm in Eqypt now, you guys would get a kick out of the firearms carried here. It's fun to name all of them. I've seen MP5Ks, MP5s, 870s, Helwans (surprise, surprise), Tokaravs (spelled wrong), AKs and much more!

uscbigdawg
08-06-2010, 4:10 PM
Get a mailing address, get a driver's license and you're done. SBR and Class III paperwork soon follows.

Rich

VegasND
08-06-2010, 7:34 PM
The last time I moved I went to DMV, got my licence (one of those take a picture, wiat a few minutes, and hand it to you states) and within 2 or 3 hours I walked out of the gunstore with a new handgun.

WW2Buff
08-07-2010, 5:11 AM
The last time I moved I went to DMV, got my licence (one of those take a picture, wiat a few minutes, and hand it to you states) and within 2 or 3 hours I walked out of the gunstore with a new handgun.

Sounds great! Thanks a lot guys. -Ben