View Full Version : Camo clothing

08-06-2010, 1:18 AM
Looking for some light weight camo clothing. What are some types of camo that would be good for deer hunting around the D3 zone Never hunted this area before.

08-06-2010, 7:36 AM
I like mossy oak advantage.You just need something to break up your out line.

08-06-2010, 7:36 AM
Lightest I have seen is the Mossy Oak Brush and it blends in pretty well will all environments but it is pricey.

08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Under Armour makes some nice light weight camo uppers.

Big Jake
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Mossy Oak is nice. You can get some Team Real Tree stuff on the cheap at Big 5. Stuff always on sale!

08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm not an expert but most any pattern will work. The main thing to keep in mind is which way the wind is blowing and your scent. Plenty of deer and elk have been killed by somebody wearing blue jeans and flannel but if your scent is blowing to the animals your pretty much screwed. The scentlok stuff does not eliminate 100% of odor like they claim. They have been sued and I think they lost the case (or it's still pending).

08-06-2010, 6:21 PM
Believe it or not I got some real fine camo at an Army Navy store. Just cut the rank and unit patches off, because they weren't mine. Cheap as hell, very light and even in dessert pattern if you want. I soaked it in Sawyer's Premium bug repellent and never had a problem with that either.

08-06-2010, 7:46 PM
...and even in dessert pattern if you want...

Like apple pie or cherries jubilee? :)

reggie 00
08-06-2010, 7:55 PM
Like others have said almost any one will work.

I lean towards the advantage max 1 pattern.
But i also have mossy oak break up and one other one. I mix and match, no need to coordinate in the woods.

Of course the deer should stop and say what the hell there are no trees like that here. But if he did i'm guessing i get a shot off.

Not sure where your going in D3 but i have been there and got snow dumped on freezing on top of the mountain, and i have had it t-shirt warm. So go prepared for anything.