PDA

View Full Version : Seems to me that if May 1st were list day you'd still have some time to buy

TonyNorCal
04-27-2006, 9:41 PM
Seems to me that if May 1st were list day ...

(and I don't think it is...does anyone have any solid info, not 'I heard', but actual hard evidence? No? I didn't think so:) )

...there would still be time left to buy...won't the listing go something like this...announcement of listing at a certain future date...thus giving FFLs time to clear inventory, get apprised, etc...so I think there will be time...maybe not much, but some:p

...seems unlikely they would just immediately list and ban with no warning.

Bottom line is this...as it was in Dec....you should buy (within your means) what you want now...and then you're set, you'll have less worry, and life will be easier

bwiese
04-28-2006, 8:05 AM
We'd likely have at least 10 days (propagation delay thru Sec of State's office from DOJ supplying of list to actual formal announcement).

Maybe a little more time even, if they want to coordinate with their 'picture book' update of the Assault Weapons Guide.

bwiese
04-28-2006, 9:16 AM
The reason I think they will not be sneaky about it is that there are some requirements in the PC 1227x law about announcment, descriptiveness, etc. This is why they made the picu

In some ways these make up for/replace the sec 11340 etc Admin Procedures Act as they serve a broadly similar function.

Given the DOJ has to do some publicity for each reg period anyway, I don't see them trying to be sneaky and dropping into a reg period instantly and only then beginning promulgation.

rips31
04-28-2006, 9:24 AM
ugh. hope this is the case, but put in my order for 2 lowers anyway.

i can almost hear the brady bunch rubbing their hands together and maniacally cackling about how to drop the proverbial ball on us.

gunshack
04-28-2006, 9:40 AM
I just got off the phone with Bob from the DoJ. He says there will not be a list on May 1st, he has no idea when there will be a list. The mystery continues.

bwiese
04-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I have no idea either.

I would suspect that if/when it happens, it happens after 50BMG reg period over.... but immediately after??? Naah.

shopkeep
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I have no idea either.

I would suspect that if/when it happens, it happens after 50BMG reg period over.... but immediately after??? Naah.

I'm sure right now one of the main delays is figuring out how to best implement this "Category 4" decision they've made when they inform the public and FFLs. I have a feeling they will want to fight us in court for sure over Category 4.

steel-cut
04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
gunshack I just got off the phone with Bob from the DoJ. He says there will not be a list on May 1st, he has no idea when there will be a list. The mystery continues.

Bob wouldn't happen to be the accountig guy would he ? :eek:

chris
04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
time to make a new foil hat and tighten it. they are getting to me. aaahhhhaaaahahaaaaaa.

nuff of that. we know there is nothing we can do to stop the list. but will there be a court fight maybe. i have sno intention of buying one since i can't do anything with it except a fixed mag on it. since being military i can't train on my own time with ten rounds sorry. i will continue to use my so called AW that is registered at the range.

Chaingun
05-01-2006, 7:40 AM
I just got off the phone with Bob from the DoJ. He says there will not be a list on May 1st, he has no idea when there will be a list. The mystery continues.

Some of these guys at the DOJ must be scratching their heads, when we ask them about an updated list on May Day! :D

sac7000
05-02-2006, 6:14 AM
Bob wouldn't happen to be the accountig guy would he ? :eek:

Is this DOJ Bob from Sacramento maybe?

sac7000
05-02-2006, 6:18 AM
Some of these guys at the DOJ must be scratching their heads, when we ask them about an updated list on May Day! :D

I just don't understand what is the big secret, surely they must have some sort of idea what they are going to do. Why are they so hush-hush when it comes to giving out information to the public?