PDA

View Full Version : C&R License in Orange County?

NagantHunter
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi all!

I'm finally completing the paperwork to apply for my C&R. Prior to sending this thing in I'm wondering if there are any other folks out there from OC that have applied for the C&R that live in the areas of the county under the jurisdiction of the OCSD? If so, ARE there any prohibitions against this type of license for personal collections?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

linuxgunner
04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
It isn't a business license, so the county has no say in it, AFAIK.

--------------------
http://CaliforniaCCW.org

Mssr. Eleganté
04-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't know the specifics of Orange County regulations so I can't help you there, but I know of several people with C&R FFL's in Orange County. They are always complaining on the various C&R forums about being able to have guns shipped to their door but not ammunition.

Like linuxgunner says, since it isn't a business license there is not much anybody can do to stop you getting a C&R FFL. Even in the state of New Jersey, where using the license to order firearms would be illegal, ATF still has to grant C&R FFL's to people who apply for them. New Jersey collectors can still use the C&R FFL to get discounts at Midway and Brownells.

stealthmode
04-28-2006, 1:39 AM
there are no issues with the OCSD and a C&R license. send in your app and once you get approved start buying.

jmlivingston
04-28-2006, 7:09 AM
there are no issues with the OCSD and a C&R license. send in your app and once you get approved start buying.

Correct. The hardest part I found when applying for mine was figuring out who the CLEO was. It may or may not be Mike Carona, many of the incorporated communities here that have contracted with OCSD for law enforcement will have an OCSD representative that acts as the CLEO. For example, here in Mission Viejo it was an Lt. who oversaw all the operations here in MV.

John

Rumpled
04-28-2006, 8:04 AM
Correct. The hardest part I found when applying for mine was figuring out who the CLEO was. It may or may not be Mike Carona, many of the incorporated communities here that have contracted with OCSD for law enforcement will have an OCSD representative that acts as the CLEO. For example, here in Mission Viejo it was an Lt. who oversaw all the operations here in MV.

John

If you go to the OCSD website, look up your Patrol Area if that's the case. It will have a link and describe who is your CLEO. The hardest thing for me was actually finding that guy's mailing address.

NagantHunter
04-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks fellas! My app and check are in the mail. Let the buying begin!! :D