PDA

View Full Version : C&R Fourm?

NagantHunter
04-27-2006, 9:53 PM
Anyone think that there's enough people interested in a fourm for those interested in curio and relic stuff???

socal57chevy
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
There does seem to be a lot of interest in C&R and California regulations seem to be misinterpreted or pulled out of thin air at times. I second the notion.
All in favor say....

m1371
04-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd be interested.

Forever-A-Soldier
04-28-2006, 11:15 AM
+1

Sounds good to me!

F.A.S. Out
(future C&R Holder)

Guinness
04-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree, alot of my collection are C&R's..

Kestryll
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
This the first 'new forum' idea that I kinda like, C&R in Cali is it's own unique experience.

Sydwaiz
04-28-2006, 1:52 PM
Sure, why not. I just renewed mine.

mltrading
04-28-2006, 2:02 PM
+1, another FFL-03 chime in.:D

striker3
04-28-2006, 2:33 PM
I would have to say this is a horrid idea. I mean, I am barely staving off the urge to get a C&R as it is. If you dedicate a whole forum to it, I think my willpower, and bank account will ultimatly crumble. :P

In all seriousness, in my search to find out the different laws for a C&R in California, a dedicated forum would be a big help.

mow
04-28-2006, 3:00 PM
good idea

I wonder when mine will arrive:confused:

NagantHunter
04-28-2006, 4:48 PM
Hey striker....the C&R paperwork is calling your name...can't you hear it?

Wait...I hear something....it's the ATF website address to order your paperwork:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

:)

jmlivingston
04-28-2006, 5:56 PM
+1
+1
+1
----
+3

I like it! There's enough misinformation floating around here on C&R's that we need an isolated C&R forum as well as a FAQ to go along with it.

John

Kestryll
04-28-2006, 6:20 PM
I would have to say this is a horrid idea. I mean, I am barely staving off the urge to get a C&R as it is. If you dedicate a whole forum to it, I think my willpower, and bank account will ultimatly crumble. :P

In all seriousness, in my search to find out the different laws for a C&R in California, a dedicated forum would be a big help.

Believe it or not you CAN exercise willpower and have an 03FFL!
I've had mine for several years and STILL have my house!

okay, it's because my wife would shoot me if I blew the mortgage money on C&R's.......

:p

csarel
04-28-2006, 6:50 PM
OH YEAH!!

+9
/8
+6
=
----
uh.......... yeah do it!

Gromulin
04-28-2006, 6:59 PM
Yes indeedily-doodily. That would be okily-dokily!

/Flanders

islandchanel
04-28-2006, 8:44 PM
This would be a good forum to help me with all of my newly aquired big5 rifles

finfan
04-28-2006, 9:08 PM
another C&R says: YES!!!:)

Scotto
04-28-2006, 9:44 PM
goooooo C&R!

striker3
04-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey striker....the C&R paperwork is calling your name...can't you hear it?

Wait...I hear something....it's the ATF website address to order your paperwork:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

You sir are an evil person. I now have a C&R registration packet enroute to my house. My wife is already exasperated with me because of the Garand that she is buying from the CMP for my birthday. She seems to think that the 12 rifles my grandpa gave me should be enough to tide me over for life :(

Now, if only there was a C&R forum... :)

zatoh
04-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, okay, I'll chime in...

+1 here too.

Like soal57chevy and kestryl mentioned there are a lot of things in CA that make having an 03 a unique experience. Also, local C&R haunts/shops could be covered as well.

I thought that having another discussion area to cover would start to overload the admins but it looks like there is plenty of interest to warrant a separate section.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-28-2006, 11:57 PM
I totally agree. I have my FFL03 inbound!:D

A dedicated forum would be a great resource.

RRangel
04-29-2006, 8:01 PM
Are California C&R enthusiasts interested in technical info or legal aspects?

jmlivingston
04-29-2006, 8:09 PM
The legal aspects tend to generate significant discussion here, with lots of misinformation being portrayed. We are in dire need of a good FAQ on what benefits a C&R license can provide and how it can be used in conjunction with CA law.

As well, I think there are a number of users who have been "led" to get the FFL03 from discussions that have occured here and could use assistance in getting pointed in the right directions for aquisitions and more dedicated & focused web resources. I can't imagine we'd ever become a better technical/collecting resource than some of the dedicated boards that already exist for specific firearm types.

John

Kestryll
04-29-2006, 8:50 PM
While I do agree with John that there are many boards dedicated just to C&R I do think the situation and specifics of California present a unique challenge.
Not only are our laws different and our requirments more strict, some things that are C&R elsewhere are not here.
Also sales or special deals that may be valid elsewhere may not be here, it would be interesting to be able to share that kind of info as well.
Plus the general gabbing about our various C&R's, showing off new finds and questioning one another can be more interesting when it people that are more local than say Louisiana.

All in all I'd vote for a general C&R forum with a good 'C&R and Cali Law' FAQ stickied at the top.

Veritas_223
04-29-2006, 9:41 PM
California is unique enough that we should have one. Parallax Bill's Curio & Relic/Military Surplus Firearms and Gunboard's C&R Forums are great. However the non-Californians there are unaware of this state's laws..I also get a lot of California hate there unrelated to personality.

Furthermore, it would help educate and grow the C&R/Milsup movement in this great state.

V:)

socal57chevy
04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
One forum dedicated to C&R would be great. A few stickies with legal info and links to C&R related sites maybe. There is a nice legal area for C&R at calgunlaws that has a good DOJ FAQ at the bottom. Can we get permission (if we need permission) to copy and paste it in said sticky?:D

m1371
04-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Are California C&R enthusiasts interested in technical info or legal aspects?

My suggestion would be to let the C&R forum just be "general discussion" regarding C&R items with the legal aspects contained in one topic stickied and bolded at the top.

I think Kestryll summed up "why" pretty well.
~>snip<~. . . . . there are many boards dedicated just to C&R. I do think the situation and specifics of California present a unique challenge.
Not only are our laws different and our requirements more strict, some things that are C&R elsewhere are not here.
Also sales or special deals that may be valid elsewhere may not be here, it would be interesting to be able to share that kind of info as well. ~>snip<~

All in all I'd vote for a general C&R forum with a good 'C&R and Cali Law' FAQ stickied at the top.

NagantHunter
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
...I second M1371's post.

Stickys with the FAQ type stuff - ie legal issues, but then a general discussion to follow.

But I'm just a new guy here, so I'll be happy with whatever the almighty admin decides!! :)

csarel
04-30-2006, 7:47 PM
I "third" M1371's post, that would be the way to go.

taloft
04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
This is the first post I've seen for a new forum that I thought was worthwhile. This is a good idea.

Santa Cruz Armory
05-01-2006, 9:42 PM
Sorry I posted in the wrong forum!! OOPS!

Kestryll
05-01-2006, 9:50 PM
Try this post in the new Curio & Relic Forum!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=33083

RRangel
05-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes blfd1 you can now post that in the C&R forum. Since you didn't create this thread I won't move your post.

MaxQ
05-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Great to have a C&R forum! Thanks Ramon!