PDA

View Full Version : Another Crazy AR-15 Grip Idea

montereytony
04-27-2006, 8:17 PM
Would it be legal to have a partial pistol grip glued to a glove and "just slipped" into an AR-15 when shooting? The AR-15 would have no other evil features and a detachable magazine. When you put the rifle down the pistol grip stays with the glove.

TacFan
04-27-2006, 9:25 PM
LOL this is getting funny :D

WHy not a stand that has a pistol grip built into it and just let the rifle sit on the stand. Now there's an idea. Where do I get a patent ?

sac7000
04-27-2006, 9:42 PM
Tell ya what I do, I've got a converted AR pistol grip with a small pin sticking out of the top. I use it with my Ruger PC9 when I'm blasting steel plates at the range. The Ruger stock has a small hole to accept the pin from the top of the AR grip. Ya, it's illegal as hell but it only takes a second to attach and remove plus I can do it so fast you'd never even notice my PC9 had a pistol grip stock. Ain't this a great story?

soopafly
04-28-2006, 9:23 AM
Would it be legal to have a partial pistol grip glued to a glove and "just slipped" into an AR-15 when shooting? The AR-15 would have no other evil features and a detachable magazine. When you put the rifle down the pistol grip stays with the glove.

heard rumors of Robinson Arms M96 owners doing this, but with a full pistol grip attatched to a glove. don't know if its true though...

bwiese
04-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Friggin' idiots, all.

Lack of fully attached mounting wouldn't protect you from being considered having a weapon described by PC 12276.1. You could be popped for both a manufacturing and illegal possession violation....

While separated parts are OK, you've definitely crossed the 'constructive possession' line.

bwiese
04-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Bill, I just don't know how you continue to put up with this stuff with such steel patience!

Just trying to keep idiots out of jail - in the hope that they might actually be registered to vote.

Actually, though, the more people that get busted for idiocies like this the more likely it is to force DOJ to list.

VeryCoolCat
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I think once you put the grip attached to the glove into to the ar, it would constitute as EVIL and you'd get in deep if a bored/ticked LEO saw you at the range.

I wish i knew how to machine, I would make this. Despite the fact is looks horrid. Its actually a good idea :p

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/VeryCoolCat/magazine.jpg

avidone
04-28-2006, 6:45 PM
Is that a Pez dispenser?

VeryCoolCat
04-28-2006, 6:51 PM
NAh not a pez dispencer, its a 4 part diagram of a non-detachable, easily reloadable magazine.

3d animation model i made (i was bored) looks better and gives a better example. I'll find it and post an animted gif.

sac7000
04-28-2006, 7:01 PM
NAh not a pez dispencer, its a 4 part diagram of a non-detachable, easily reloadable magazine.

3d animation model i made (i was bored) looks better and gives a better example. I'll find it and post an animted gif.

Yes, an animated gif would be most effective at demonstrating your creations usefulness when applied to a real world application.

I believe there is an untapped market ready to be discovered and exploited upon. Vast sums of currency could be made with just the right contraption.

shin_en
04-28-2006, 7:19 PM
haha i was thinking about the same design. I would have openned it from the side instead.

saki302
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
You don't need a hinge- just a hole in hte back to feed cartridges one at a time, and something to lock the bar down would be nice. I'd advise a system which loads with the rifle upside down- if you can drop in 10 rounds right side up, you could also squeeze an extra 10 on top- make sense? Hi-cap mag no-gooded-ness.
The load hole necessarily needs to be lower so the receiver doesn't cover it.

-Dave

montereytony
04-29-2006, 8:16 AM
Just trying to keep idiots out of jail - in the hope that they might actually be registered to vote.

Actually, though, the more people that get busted for idiocies like this the more likely it is to force DOJ to list.

Thanks for keeping us idots out of jail! :) :) I won't even mention my really
crazy idea :D

montereytony
04-29-2006, 8:18 AM
Is that a Pez dispenser?
I am usually really calm and do not over react to things.... but this had
me on the floor laughing! :D

Racefiend
04-30-2006, 12:48 AM
hmm...what if I spent the next year or so slapping rocks open handed and built up a really big callous on my palm. Then I shaped a recess into the top of my callous so it would fit on my ar15 lower. Would I be legal?...hmmm.....

montereytony
04-30-2006, 7:17 AM
hmm...what if I spent the next year or so slapping rocks open handed and built up a really big callous on my palm. Then I shaped a recess into the top of my callous so it would fit on my ar15 lower. Would I be legal?...hmmm.....

Hmm, along those lines, what if one is an amputee and has a mechanical
grip attached to their arm?

VeryCoolCat
04-30-2006, 4:35 PM
You don't need a hinge- just a hole in hte back to feed cartridges one at a time

My reasoning for the hinge was that you could detatch and replace the lower part of the magazine for easier repair and even cheaper parts.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
04-30-2006, 6:43 PM
Haha, that's a good one. What if you just used a regular old 10-rd mag and left the mag catch and everything intact, but you took a couple of little keychain things and "chained" the mag to the rifle. This type of chain...

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Gasoline%20Page/mobilgas-keychain.JPG

or something else, some other kind of small chain. Ok so you can pop it out to reload, but it's certainly not detached or been removed from the rest of the rifle. Seems to me the spirit of the law is to keep you from popping a bunch of mags in and out all day long. If you had one mag pull down for reloading but couldn't move it out of the way so that other mags couldn't be put in.........?

blacklisted
04-30-2006, 6:57 PM

If you're an amputee, then you could just attach the gun to your arm.

TacFan
04-30-2006, 7:04 PM
this is comedy :D

montereytony
04-30-2006, 7:54 PM
If you're an amputee, then you could just attach the gun to your arm.

You are too funny...

saki302
04-30-2006, 9:36 PM
Problem with the chain idea is what's keeping you from popping a different mag into the gun once the chained one is released- perhaps technically legal, but dangerous waters, IMO.

-Dave

spaceburger
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I posted this on 4/24/06
I am thinking this would be in line with other good Kali Laws!
Proposed DOJ ruling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per DOJ:
Each user is allowed to wear one neck leash thereby binding to the user an assemblage of three magazines capable of holding ten rounds each and an AR15 type rifle. The leash shall attach to the user these four items such that neither is detachable from the user without the use of a tool. Each of three 10 round magazines shall be painted orange with pink letters outlined in .5mm black line to read:
WELKOME TO KALI

The user shall be allowed to wear up to five leashes simultaneously such that a total of 150 rounds are available to the user with a selection of five AR15 type rifles. The user is allowed to expend all 150 rounds from a single AR15 while wearing the other four AR-15's across the back. Some users (*****) shall be allowed to don one of the extra AR-15 within the confines of the userís rectal area.

billym
05-01-2006, 3:15 PM

so you will be firing the rifle with your front hand only? How can you shoot with any accuracy?