PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Torch

WokMaster1
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
What do you BB lovers think?

Tacom
08-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I want to torch the Torch for having such outdated hardware before even being released. With that said, every review so far is positive in the sense that it is a good Blackberry experience. So non blackberry lovers need not apply for it.

Jimmy310
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM
bb os 6.0 looks awesome, but like tacom im not feeling the 624mhz processor when phones have been using 1 ghz processors since like november of 2009. Then again, bb and rim are always lagging in the hardware dept.

with all of this said, im due for a upgrade in october and i plan on checking the torch out.

wildhawker
08-11-2010, 2:24 AM
My Tour will likely be my last BB.

Keep trying, RIM. Your products are going the way of the Treo.

The Duke
08-11-2010, 2:46 AM
So all the crackberry stuff that you all love, plus the iphone touch screen, right? Is that what is promised? Well I have avoided all of this smart phone stuff, because I am a dumb man, but this might just be a necessity!

THT
08-11-2010, 5:57 AM
If only they had updated the hardware :(

I may be jumping to a Droid once my wife's contract is up.

TonyM
08-11-2010, 7:19 AM
My Tour will likely be my last BB.

Keep trying, RIM. Your products are going the way of the Treo.

Yeah, I abandoned my personal BB devices last year and only carry one for work. I would just used the Android client that my work allows to access the corporate network but it just kills my Android phone's battery with the amount of emails I get and need to respond to.

BB + BES is a very good solution for fast email with good battery life but honestly, everywhere else they are just so behind the game.

WokMaster1
08-12-2010, 5:43 PM
Played with one today. Slow connection & graphics is not that good. But it probably could be just AT&T.

Ergonomics is not to my liking.The keypad has a ridge surrounding it & the top row is just under the top screen panel so it is cramp when you're trying to type.

Disappointed.

kf6tac
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I miss the hell out of having a BlackBerry, having switched to Android, but I won't go back to a RIM product until they catch up with the rest of the market. Maybe they should just give up on phones and focus their efforts on turning BlackBerry Messenger into a multi-platform messaging service.