masameet
08-05-2010, 5:22 AM
Brave guy. He grabbed a rifle but wasn't able to fire it in time:
Pittsburg store owner recovering after shooting
By Sam Sutton
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 08/04/2010 12:48:28 PM PDT
Updated: 08/04/2010 07:35:45 PM PDT

PITTSBURG -- By his count, he had 14 holes. Two for each of the .40-caliber bullets that passed through him.

"How lucky do you get, to get shot seven times and only have one hit the bone?" he said, showing off the scar on his left forearm. "One in a million."

The scars are circular and slightly smaller in diameter than a cigar. The tissue is lighter than the surrounding skin and still appears tender three months later.

On April 26, Kassim Shaibi was wounded during a robbery attempt at his Pittsburg market, La Aurora. Although he is temporarily confined to a motorized wheelchair, the 27-year-old is expected to make a complete recovery in approximately six months.

Rest of the story here (http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_15676841).

Ape
08-05-2010, 6:36 AM
IMO it just goes to show that shot placement is king rather than caliber. ;)

Vtec44
08-05-2010, 8:37 AM
IMO it just goes to show that shot placement is king rather than caliber. ;)

hahahaha :D

offdeez
08-05-2010, 8:55 AM
I lived in down town Pittsburg for years and would have never worked at that store. If I had no choice but to work there, I would wear a vest with rifle plates everyday! The difference between life and death was also probably due to the bad guys using target ammo versus self defense hollow points. What do they know though, they probably just used whatever was in the gun when they stole it. Glad to hear the guy is alive, but now the BG's might take offense that he's in the paper and come get him again.

Black Majik
08-05-2010, 8:56 AM
Glock fo-tay. Fail.