PDA

View Full Version : kagan?...for life?

resonance
08-05-2010, 12:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWV6YTrWthE&feature=player_embedded#!

Uriah02
08-05-2010, 1:13 AM
wow, let's hope she doesn't get through... I know it won't change the overall leaning but seriously do we want 2 justices in for the next... 30 years with this attitude?

yellowfin
08-05-2010, 3:44 AM
Such a value system can't be conducive to 2nd Amendment support, that's for sure.

frankm
08-05-2010, 8:03 AM
She has no experience. Amazing. The Republic no longer functions.

Wherryj
08-05-2010, 8:07 AM
Such a value system can't be conducive to support of the Constitution, that's for sure.

I fixed it for you. No thanks needed.

If there's a silver lining in the cloud of her confirmation it would be that she doesn't appear to be the healthiest of specimens. Perhaps we won't face a full 30 years of her "living Constitution" ideology...

vantec08
08-05-2010, 8:23 AM
Got a question for the "progressives" - -- just exactly where in the Constitution does it define itself as "dynamic" or "living"? If a Consitution is changeable by political whim or fancy, it is no longer a Constitution (the Constitution Formerly Known as the Constitution).

Maestro Pistolero
08-05-2010, 8:51 AM
Kagan will be confirmed, there can be no doubt.

The Dems are like a bunch of teenagers left alone to in the house for the weekend, trashing the place, inviting all their friends over, partying it up.

But there is going to be hell to pay monday morning (November) when the parents get home. It's already happening in midterms. I swear they are their own worst enemies.

Bye-bye, libs. MAYBE you'll get another chance in 2018.

Full Clip
08-05-2010, 8:57 AM

Well, neither does Obama if you want to get down to it.

JimWest
08-05-2010, 8:57 AM

Such a simple statement yet profound. I think I'll sell all my guns now before the government confiscates them for scrap! :chris:

We are so hosed!:eek:

I'm throwing up right now. :(

Donny1
08-05-2010, 9:18 AM
Such a simple statement yet profound. I think I'll sell all my guns now before the government confiscates them for scrap! :chris:

We are so hosed!:eek:

I'm throwing up right now. :(

Yes. "I just threw up in my mouth a little bit"

usctrojan
08-05-2010, 9:19 AM
I know its not relevant to her completion of the job.... but can somebody take one for the team and confirm she is really a she and not a dude? Seriously I still doubt Janet Reno.... :eek:

On a more serious note... I have finally found something to blame Bush over. He had so many people hating him in a popular culture of hate (many just hating him without know why) that now our country is doing epic stupid stuff like Obama, Health Care, Kagan... Lets just pray (unless you are in a public school) Kagan is the last piece of epic stupid we experience.

Maestro Pistolero
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
What exactly is the procedure for impeaching a Supreme Court Justice? Can the process begin before confirmation? :43:

bballwizard05
08-05-2010, 10:02 AM
FML FML FML FML

usctrojan
08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
What exactly is the procedure for impeaching a Supreme Court Justice? Can the process begin before confirmation? :43:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_US_Supreme_Court_justice_be_impeached_and_re moved_from_office

Good luck! Maybe we can get Monica Lewinsky to help again! :D

frankm
08-05-2010, 10:13 AM
God I'm depressed. I think I have to watch Full Metal Jacket to cheer myself up.

Maestro Pistolero
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
You can bet if there is another Obama Scotus nomination, it will go to blows.

NightOwl
08-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Oh get off it. Look what you've done, given us a thread of people posting inane crap like the sky is falling. Over 1/3 of the Supreme Court Justices don't have experience prior, most recently William Rehnquist. http://mediamatters.org/blog/201005100018 Apparently the republic hasn't functioned for a couple hundred years.

frankm
08-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Fine, take your fat lesbian and your wise latina and run off to commie la-la-land.

Billy Jack
08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I think we need to put these rumors to rest once and for all. Brave have it on good advice that SCOTUS nominee Kagan is dating Senator Lindsey Graham. This should put those Janet Napolitano rumors to rest once and for all.

'Can't we all just get along?'

Billy Jack
'The Force is strong with this one'

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

Maestro Pistolero
08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I think we need to put these rumors to rest once and for all. Brave have it on good advice that SCOTUS nominee Kagan is dating Senator Lindsey Graham. This should put those Janet Napolitano rumors to rest once and for all.

'Can't we all just get along?'

Billy Jack
'The Force is strong with this one'

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

Is Graham pitching or catching?

usctrojan
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Is Graham pitching or catching?

Taking a liberal interpretation... :eek:

gef
08-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Breaking news: Senate confirms Elena Kagan for Supreme Court

CSDGuy
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Yep. She's confirmed as an Associate Justice of SCOTUS.

JimWest
08-05-2010, 5:42 PM
Now recall that while she was at Harvard she worked on the academics of validating Shiria law in US finance. Get ready.

No, I'm not a terrorist. That's just my head getting ready to f***ing EXPLODE!

Skidmark
08-05-2010, 5:52 PM

Trivia question, which Republican Senator said this?

"When President Bill Clinton nominated Stephen Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsberg to serve on the high court, I voted for their confirmation, as did all but a few of my fellow Republicans. Why? For the simple reason that the nominees were qualified, and it would have been petty, and partisan, and disingenuous to insist otherwise. Those nominees represented the considered judgment of the president of the United States. And under our Constitution, it is the president's call to make."

DVSmith
08-05-2010, 8:30 PM
You guys crack me up. It has been a foregone conclusion for quite some time that she would be confirmed and many of you are just now expressing your concern?

M198
08-05-2010, 8:48 PM
Trivia question, which Republican Senator said this?

"When President Bill Clinton nominated Stephen Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsberg to serve on the high court, I voted for their confirmation, as did all but a few of my fellow Republicans. Why? For the simple reason that the nominees were qualified, and it would have been petty, and partisan, and disingenuous to insist otherwise. Those nominees represented the considered judgment of the president of the United States. And under our Constitution, it is the president's call to make."

Specter?