PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pillsbury cleanup

thomashoward
08-04-2010, 4:36 PM
I'll be at Lake Pillsbury Sunset Camp 8-9 to 8-12
If you see my Grey Tacoma give me a shout. I usually cart off some crap and throw away in the Oak Flat or Navy Camp dumpsters

Rigma
08-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Wish I could make it but that weekend is booked. I would however REALLY like to hear about your trip.

The area looks like a great place to find a spot to be alone. I was hoping to take such a trip in the beginning of Sept. with one dog and two guns. (Three friends invited but their wives might have the final say)

If you find a great spot or have a recommendation after your trip, a post or PM would be met by my eternal thanks!

Hott <3 Mess
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I love Lake Pillsbury. We go camping there all the time. My avatar picture is me there for the 4th. Im glad more people are cleaning up out there it gets pretty trashed some times. Have a good trip.

thomashoward
08-14-2010, 9:09 PM
Weather was kinda cool for up there. My daughter shot her Model 66 and her new .22 mag.
Someone spent a lot of time raking shotgun hulls into piles. Next time I'll have some screens made with 1"- 1 1/2" mesh for screening the shotgun shells from the rocks.people were shooting 1000 yd ON THE AIRSTRIP and doing well. Its A zone deer season now

Rigma
08-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the info thomashoward!

I plan on heading up there in early September. Taking a friend, leaving the dog. The ladies were invited but the "mmm no thanks" was expected.

Looking forward to a few days of decompression after a nasty summer of work.

I anyone would like to meet up, just let me know.

JoeFaz
09-07-2010, 6:16 PM
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii406/thomashoward_photos/IMG_1667.jpg

Where abouts is this? Is it near the gravel "airport"?
Where can you set up at 1000 yards, much less 5-600?
Thanks!

Calgunz420
10-07-2010, 1:28 AM
Who's ready for this weekend cleanup??? Get enough people up there for the 3 day weekend and have a blast!!!