PDA

View Full Version : "GUNTESTS" magazine

Falstaff
08-04-2010, 3:10 PM
I got a free subsription offer; and I sure like their sales pitch (NO ADVERTISING!, Just gun reviews and tests. It would be nice to see unbiased reviews in this industry...

Cnynrat
08-04-2010, 4:32 PM
I've been a subscriber for a year or so. It's a nice little magazine. Nothing fancy, but their tests seem thorough, and as you say unbiased.

speedgoat
08-04-2010, 4:38 PM
I used to have a subscription a few years ago. I enjoyed reading about their unbiased tests and hearing their conclusions.

I like how the issues come punched with holes so that you can store them in a 3 ring binder. I still have my old copies and refer to them often enough to warrant keeping them.

CaliforniaLiberal
08-04-2010, 6:00 PM
Good little magazine. I trust their objectivity.

sholling
08-04-2010, 6:56 PM
It's a good magazine and I trust their reporting enough to have renewed my subscription for another 2 years. My only problem with them is their silly habit of comparing apples to oranges. They don't do t all the time but they'll compare a $700 example against an $800 example and and a $1500 example. They need to try to keep things a little closer on the food chain.

ojisan
08-04-2010, 7:01 PM
I have 10 years worth, from the beginning.
Some are even in three ring binders.
They are a little odd sometimes but better than the all-is-wonderful-with-everything reviews some other magazines give.

Falstaff
08-04-2010, 8:31 PM
One thing I heard about them which i think is neat is that they actually BUY all their test guns, and then sell them after the tests!

WWDHD?
08-05-2010, 1:10 AM
I used to subscribe. Still have my old issues, good reference. Sub price a bit high so I let it go. Might pick it up again someday. They're in Texas so lots of off-list handguns and cool black guns that we can't have tested so its a bit depressing to read sometimes IMO.

johnny_22
08-05-2010, 6:15 AM
I just renewed my subscription for another 2 years; Great Magazine. For a while there, it was the only gun magazine I subscribed to. I only buy their recommended A guns, except for my Sig P6/225 (RATED F), which works fine for me.

J-cat
08-05-2010, 7:13 AM
It's a good magazine and I trust their reporting enough to have renewed my subscription for another 2 years. My only problem with them is their silly habit of comparing apples to oranges. They don't do t all the time but they'll compare a $700 example against an $800 example and and a $1500 example. They need to try to keep things a little closer on the food chain.

People want to know what they are getting for the extra $$$.