View Full Version : Duracoat Service in **Orange County

08-04-2010, 1:29 PM
Don't have an FFL, but can do parts in and around the Orange County area. The reason why i'm doing this is to recoup the the money I spent on equipment and I may start doing this part time if there is a demand for it. I'm pretty good and detail oriented, not to hoot my horn. :)

I have the following colors

Black, Coyote Brown, OD Green, and Dark Earth, Extreme Grey. Any other colors would be special ordered plus the cost of labor.

Can do receivers if you want to be there on the spot. Here is my recent work on a my rem 700 Cost really depends on the job and time involved, so PM me for pricing.

No shortcuts, will media blast and parkerize if necessary.

My next project with be will be an 88 West German p226 in Cerakote. I will post pics as soon as i'm done. I will have plenty black when I'm done, but will only apply to handguns. Much better then duracoat in my opinion as it has a more durable, smoother, nicer sheen to it.

Ok...Here is (Lisa)...Done! The color is actually a lot darker then it looks in the picture, especially the green.

08-04-2010, 5:22 PM
what colors do you have?

08-04-2010, 5:29 PM
I don't know anything about Duracoat. How well does it hold up, does it scratch easy, etc?

What about a tight-fitting Kydex holster...will that cause wear marks?

08-04-2010, 6:02 PM
Does it have to be parkerized first?

08-13-2010, 5:47 PM
Hot damn that 700 looks spiffy!!!!

08-21-2010, 6:50 PM
This is bare metal AK build from a fellow Calgunner. Sandblasted and Duracoated in Black.

08-22-2010, 8:58 AM
Awesome work! +1

08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry guys...for those that inquired, thanks! I'm going to get out of the game. Cost factor and time are the biggest factors.

08-26-2010, 1:02 PM
that is a bummer!!!! i want my rifle done!! haha :) i'm finally back...kind of