PDA

View Full Version : Eotech XPS2

weckod
08-04-2010, 1:09 PM
Is it normal for the windage and elevation on the XPS2 to the do the opposite of its intended direction?

If i turn it down it goes up and if i go right it goes left. Is this normal for a Eotech?

Thanks

weckod
08-04-2010, 8:05 PM
wow 37 views and no one knows?

SuperSet
08-04-2010, 8:11 PM
No but I hope you realize that you're turning the knobs to adjust your POI, not the direction of the reticule.

weckod
08-04-2010, 8:45 PM
yes I know that I am suppose to adjust for my POI. I just found it to be weird and maybe not normal that the knobs are doing the opposite of what is indicated on the sight. The sight is brand new.

ArkinDomino
08-05-2010, 4:24 PM
I had a hard time at first, (understanding why that is) but then I got my mind off of it and just focused on where the bullets are landing and adjust to that accordingly. You'll get it.

BlackViper
08-05-2010, 10:56 PM
On eotechs, the right-> direction on the knob moves the bullet to the right and so forth. The knobs are directional and labeled Right and Down so it's not like they could ever get reversed.

Did you mount it backwards?

SuperSet
08-05-2010, 10:58 PM
How could he mount it backwards? The reticule isn't visible from the front.
ETA: If you have the POI logic correct then there's really no other answer, your sight is broken.

tools2teach
08-06-2010, 10:16 PM
On eotechs, the right-> direction on the knob moves the bullet to the right and so forth. The knobs are directional and labeled Right and Down so it's not like they could ever get reversed.

Did you mount it backwards?

+1 I have a XPS2 and the right direction moves the bullet right.

weckod
08-07-2010, 4:25 PM
Thank you to all who replied. I called eotech and they explained how it works. My sight is working. It is suppose to be the opposite of what is indicated on my sight.

If the bullet is shooting right and I turn the knob towards the right indicator then the sight moves left, so it moves my POI.

SuperSet
08-07-2010, 4:45 PM
Glad they got you squared away. That's where everyone was thinking you had your POI logic reversed but you mentioned that you understood it so I was thinking your unit was busted.