PDA

View Full Version : Illegal to sell reloaded ammuniction?

ja391
04-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I was told that it's illegal to sell reloaded ammunition in California. Is this true? If so, could you post the pertinent law?

I don't think it is illegal because I'm sure Miwall sells reloaded ammunition and I've purchased reloaded ammo, but it was online from an out of state vendor so I just want to make sure it's ok in CA. So is it really illegal to sell reloaded ammnition in California?

xenophobe
04-26-2006, 10:38 PM
You can sell reloaded ammunition if that is your business. You cannot sell it as a private individual... and think of the liability concerns too... all it takes is one double charge, and you could face a $100,000+ liability suit.

Oh, just about every ammo reloader gets sued and goes out of business...

1SGMAT
04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
I think that has something to do we the term "RE-Manufactured ammo.

ja391
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I see what you're saying about the liability. I wouldn't want to sell my personal reloaded ammunition (if I reloaded, that is) nor would I even feel comfortable letting someone else use it.

I just wanted to make sure it's legal for businesses to sell them, which you have clarified for me. Thanks

elsolo
04-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Selling your reloads makes you an "ammo manufacturer" which has a few legal hoops you must jump through, and opens you to a world of liability you don't want.

bear308
04-27-2006, 1:15 AM
Selling your reloads makes you an "ammo manufacturer" which has a few legal hoops you must jump through, and opens you to a world of liability you don't want.
plus excise(sp?) taxes for ammo manufacture.