PDA

View Full Version : need firearm friendly merchant account

russell072009
08-04-2010, 7:55 AM
anybody here know who would handle a merchant account for a dealer that is on line only? i'm having a real hard time finding one that will let me accept CC's. all i really want is a virtual terminal seeing as gpal (gunpal) is no longer reliable.

pullnshoot25
08-04-2010, 8:00 AM
Speaking from personal experience and being good friends with a few of the people at gpal, what happened recently was a fluke not directly caused by gpal and the system should be running in the next few days.

That said, gpal is your best option.

russell072009
08-04-2010, 8:14 AM
i totally agree, gpal would be the best way to go but until they are back on their feet and stable i can not afford to use them. i'm not trying to bash or anything. i kind of understand their situation from what little information they have given me. i really do hope they get it together but until then i'm at a stand still. i need another option.

pullnshoot25
08-04-2010, 8:17 AM
Gpal had a headcold, not a zombie shtf scenario.

They will be back before you know it.

russell072009
08-04-2010, 8:21 AM
[QUOTE=pullnshoot25;4725130]zombie shtf scenario.QUOTE]
shtf? no idea

anyway i hope they're back soon. i'm getting tired of hearing "we don't handle that kind of business" from everyone i talk to.

ojisan
08-04-2010, 8:36 AM
When I was starting up my business, I have to say I ran into lots of resistance and banks / companies that would not do e-commerce for any gun related products...not to mention actual guns.
This is a big problem for this industry.

GPal needs to succeed.

Eagle Armory
08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Checkout Payment Alliance International. They are very reasonable and have no problem with guns, they are NRA Business alliance members.

http://www.nraba.org/benefits.aspx

gunenvy
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Checkout Payment Alliance International. They are very reasonable and have no problem with guns, they are NRA Business alliance members.

http://www.nraba.org/benefits.aspx

Payment alliance all the way, they will help you with everything. Online, offline, at shows, through shopping carts, and being a horrible nasty gun dealer doesnt bother them in the slightest :)

Gunmerchantaccount
08-30-2010, 2:54 PM
Look up Electronic Transfer or http://www.electronictransfer.com

They're the ones on gunsamerica.

fflguntrader
08-31-2010, 4:58 PM
I got a merchant account for web transactions through Bank of America about two months ago. No problem. I do the virtual terminal thing.

www.fflguntrader.com

ugimports
09-02-2010, 6:37 PM
I use FNMS and the virtual terminal is through authorize.net. Even though I do transactions "in store" it is all through the virtual terminal.

First National Merchant Solutions
Jon Tunkel
Regional Sales/Illinois
779-435-0570
Fax: 815-436-1421
jtunkel@fnni.com
www.fnms.com

Pretty reasonable rates and I was able to do some negotiation on my contract even though I'm a small potato. They made things work for me and my terms. For example, I was able to negotiate out of my early termination fee (since I couldn't say for sure if I'd be around for a year).

Capt. Speirs
09-03-2010, 7:59 AM
Stay away from Wellsfargo, I am still fighting with them, will go with Intuit.

gunenvy
09-03-2010, 8:03 AM
Stay away from Wellsfargo, I am still fighting with them, will go with Intuit.

Intuit has dropped several FFLs recently because they found out they were working with evil guns. This subject comes up a lot on FFLOnly (http://www.fflonly.com).

Payment Alliance is endorsed by the NSSF and NRA and has people flocking to them because they aren't afraid to deal with us.

freonr22
09-03-2010, 8:04 AM
who does midwayusa use?

freonr22
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
politely, are the banks government owned? I am unclear honestly, how your country works

freonr22
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
also what happens to the 10% that are unsuccessful?

glock_holiday
09-14-2010, 1:07 AM
Our merchant accounts and our business accounts are through Compass Bank. We had tons of problems finding a new bank after Chase refused to process credit cards because of the firearms sales. They are very gun business friendly. Their merchant rates are on par with any of the good ones out there. It's nice to have it all in house with my bank also.

Gunmerchantaccount
09-14-2010, 3:49 PM
Most Banks don't actually do their own credit card processing anymore. They outsource to large processors like First Data. First Data and Chase don't do online gun sales anymore but this doesn't mean one of the banks that use them won't still allow online gun sales. We've also been told by Authorize.net that they will no longer allow online gun sales and they use Wells Fargo for their merchant accounts.

Gunmerchantaccount
10-11-2012, 8:35 AM
The word on the street is that Square is letting FFL's sign up to accept credit cards then after a few weeks they shut down the account and freeze the funds?

Has anyone ran into this problem?

glock_holiday
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
The word on the street is that Square is letting FFL's sign up to accept credit cards then after a few weeks they shut down the account and freeze the funds?

Has anyone ran into this problem?

Firearms are prohibited in Square's terms and conditions. The same terms and conditions you agree to when you sign up. It's not so much that Square is letting FFL's sign up and then locking them out. FFL's are signing up and agreeing to not do something and then doing it. We looked at them for a mobile processing solution, saw they prohibited firearms and moved on to another company.

The freezing of funds once the account is closed is standard to cover potential charge backs. That also would have been covered in the T&C. Once the charge back time has expired the funds will be released.

Good luck.

EBR Works
10-11-2012, 9:14 PM
Yep, Payment Alliance has been great for us. No issues at all and we recently started using it with our web store site. Easy.

MixedMotives
10-11-2012, 9:56 PM
https://www.serve.com