PDA

View Full Version : my Palmetto State Armory order

WWDHD?
08-04-2010, 1:31 AM
Ordered close to a 1000 rounds of various handgun ammo from Palmetto State Armory (first time order) and it didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped.
Order was shipped in a very flimsy old box. Very little packing peanuts or cushioning. Many of the cartridge boxes inside were banged up/mangled but the cartridges look ok (I hope). One 50 round box of Federal .40S&W was broken open with the rounds loose insides the main shipping box. 17 rds. out of 50 missing. No holes in the shipping box so I don't think they were rolling around in the back of the UPS truck.
I have ordered ammo from many places (Sportsmans guide, Natchez, CTD,...) and never had anything like this show up on my doorstep. I emailed them with my story and no reply back from them. I guess thats what $12 shipping gets you.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone buying from them. Just telling my story.

Good luck with your pre-AB962 ammo cache!

Freebird
08-04-2010, 6:38 AM
Yeah, go ahead and make me worried. I just blew some cash with them.

gotthelife4u
08-04-2010, 7:02 AM
My Brother ordered 1000 rds of American Eagle with them a few months back. They shipped it in the factory case and there was zero damage to the box. I would blame it more on UPS. I have seen my UPS driver throw my packages on my door step before.

Federalist
08-04-2010, 7:04 AM
I have ordered lots of ammo from PSA. Each shipment has arrived on time, and intact. Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Based on my experience, that seems to be the exception, rather than the rule. If I were you, I would email them a respectful note letting them know what happened, so that they can look into their QA process. And, assuming you are satisfied with their response, I would be willing to give them a second chance.

biglou
08-04-2010, 8:13 AM
Myself and a couple dudes from work have ordered from them before. Never had any issues. I always thought they were good to go. Like Federalist said, I'd contact them and see what's going on. Interested in hearing their response, good luck.

Reductio
08-04-2010, 8:29 AM
They sent some 6.8 mags instead of the 5.56 ones that I ordered, but immediately sent out the replacement ones with the return packing slip for the 6.8s! Normally places will send out that slip first... wait for you to send back the problem... and then turn around and sent you the replacement. Ammo was packed fine in that order too, sounds like somebody was getting lazy with yours....

wsmc27
08-04-2010, 8:54 AM
We've only ordered once from them, so far. No probs, order intact and all was well.

Olav
08-04-2010, 8:58 AM
I've never had an issue with them after thousands of rounds shipped.

What Just Happened?
08-04-2010, 9:03 AM
I've ordered 1k rounds of .223 through them and received it just fine. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

WWDHD?
08-04-2010, 9:03 AM
This was early last week and I did Email them with my story. Wanted to wait for a reply from them before I wrote about this here. Still nothing. I'm probably the exception (which sucks).
I would have been fine if they had simply wrote me back saying they would package their orders better in the future. Would have been great if they would send me a new box of .40, but thats to much to ask for I guess.
Again I'm not really trying to bad mouth them. Seems like everyone has had good luck with PSA and I hope that continues.

bombadillo
08-04-2010, 9:25 AM
Been ordering from them for a good year or so now and never had an issue. If any of the ammo is unusable, then contact palmettostatearmory, but otherwise, shoot the heck out of it and chock it up to UPS sucking at keeping things intact. UPS really tears the crap out of our boxes every day at work, its just what they're good at.

FS00008
08-04-2010, 9:27 AM
This was early last week and I did Email them with my story. Wanted to wait for a reply from them before I wrote about this here. Still nothing. I'm probably the exception (which sucks).
I would have been fine if they had simply wrote me back saying they would package their orders better in the future. Would have been great if they would send me a new box of .40, but thats to much to ask for I guess.
Again I'm not really trying to bad mouth them. Seems like everyone has had good luck with PSA and I hope that continues.

I'd blame UPS. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

DavidRSA
08-04-2010, 9:31 AM
Like many of the above posters, , I have orders thousands of rouhds from PSA. Not one problem.

VictorFranko
08-04-2010, 9:37 AM
Just took delivery from PSA five minutes ago, never a problem before, but this time they sent me the WRONG ammunition! G'damn it.

trickyvic
08-04-2010, 9:40 AM
I'm with everyone else on this, blame UPS. Hopefully, PSA will get back to you.

It's good to hear that PSA is a solid online dealer as I was about to place an order with them.

NSR500
08-04-2010, 9:54 AM
Never a problem here. All my orders have been 100%.

VictorFranko
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Just took delivery from PSA five minutes ago, never a problem before, but this time they sent me the WRONG ammunition! G'damn it.

Just got off the phone with Sam at Palmetto. They are going to ship out the correct ammunition this afternoon and email me a return label for the incorrect ammo to be returned.
Hard to complain about that, even I make a mistake every great once in a while :D

halo6941
08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I would blame it more on UPS. I have seen my UPS driver throw my packages on my door step before.

well he should be written up for that crap. I work for UPS and find that very unprofessional and unacceptable, ppl like him give UPS a bad name. IF you ever see that agian call and report it.