PDA

View Full Version : ** SOLD ** -- WTS: S&W 686 6”, no dash, no Mod, 6-shot .357 Magnum (Stockton)

Biscuitbreath
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Included in the sale are:
One fine mid-1980’s Smith magnum with mint original stocks
Two HKS speed loaders
A nylon double speed loader belt pouch
Pachmayr grips
300+ rounds of assorted .357 Magnum, .38 S&W, and .38 S&W Special.
Original box and paperwork, excellent condition. $750.00 $665.00 SOLD

First “I’ll take it” followed by a PM gets it.
I’m located in Stockton and prefer FTF transfer at Tracy Rifle and Pistol (Mike will save you $.) Buyer pays all fees. Not interested in any trades at this time, sorry. Cash preferred. Paypal + 3% is OK if no mention of firearm is made. PM or email me at biscuit_breath@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking.
See additional photos here (http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/Biscuitbreath/SW%20686/).

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/Biscuitbreath/SW%20686/IMG_0002.jpg

Serial number AFS4XXX – The inside of the original stocks has handwritten “December 5, 1984.”

I bought this revolver new in 1985. I have put approximately 500 rounds through it, roughly split 50/50 between .357 Magnum and .38 S&W Special. It is in excellent condition. It locks up tight and is very accurate. The original walnut checkered grips were removed and stored upon being replaced with Pachmayr grips…this was done after the gun had 50 rounds through it.

This gun has not had the “primer”/M modification, although it has never had a problem, even with magnum loads. If you’re so inclined, you can contact S&W to have the modification done – they will mail you a FedEx shipping label and will correct the primer flowback possibility and any other functioning issue they find at no cost to you. They will pay for return shipping. If you want any gunsmithing done while it’s at the manufacturer, this would be a good time because shipping both ways is free…you could have them install a 7-shot cylinder, for example, (and/or have it triggered, drilled and tapped, etc.) and you’d have a 686+ with forged parts and no lock (or no hole where a lock used to be)…sweet.

Smith & Wesson
DISTINGUISHED
.357 COMBAT MAGNUM® REVOLVER
MODEL No. 686

Frame Designation..............“L”
Caliber..............................357 Magnum/ .38 S&W Special
Capacity...........................6 Shots
Barrel...............................Heavy straight barrel with full-length extractor shroud
.......................................6” – actual length 5 7/8”
Hammer............................375” width semi-target hammer
Trigger.............................312” width smooth combat trigger, with trigger stop
Overall Length................... 11 ½”
Weight............................. 46 oz.
Front Sight....................... Baughman with S&W Red Ramp
Rear Sight........................ S&W micrometer click sight, adjustable windage and elevation.
...................................... Plain blade
Sight Radius...................... 8 inches
Stocks............................. Checkered Goncalo Alves Target with speed loader cutaway
......................................(Same size as “K” frame.)
Finish...............................S&W satin stainless
Material............................M686 – Stainless steel

Biscuitbreath
08-05-2010, 7:15 AM
BTT for your consideration.

Biscuitbreath
08-06-2010, 7:16 AM
BTT

Biscuitbreath
08-07-2010, 9:32 AM
Please PM me for any questions you may have about my Photobucket images...thanks!
http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/Biscuitbreath/SW%20686/

Biscuitbreath
08-08-2010, 3:26 PM
SOLD! Thanks for looking. /Robert