PDA

View Full Version : Hog hunting Hog fight, Bloody!!! [NSFW]

ZirconJohn
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Friends; serious... this vid 'NSFW'

On a hawg hunt; Mathews Bows, Ken Reed Productions... tag along with Cory & Bob...

They stumble upon a couple hawgs locked in serious battle... it's bloody...!

Both hawgs are put down in the vid... DO NOT watch if you are squeamish.

M8TgPtnWjE0&playnext

Shoot-it
08-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Daaam they have some balls!!

180ls1
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
awesome video, what a great memory is for sure.

ZirconJohn
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Ah man... 3:04 - 3:06

Hawg slice his opponant, like carving a turkey...!:94:

Uriah02
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I thought the blood spurt from the arrow at 7:20 was neat.

Cougar125
08-04-2010, 1:47 AM
That would really be something...

theseacow
08-04-2010, 7:33 AM
those farm pigs appear to not like each other too much.

Rusty_Buckhorn
08-04-2010, 8:52 AM
I'd like to see how a thick skinned old WILD boar would have fared in that battle. Still pretty cool to watch, though.

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 9:01 AM
At least the meat comes pre-tenderized.:D

daveinwoodland
08-04-2010, 9:07 AM
Interesting video, but seemed to be kind of like shooting fish in a barrel to me.

bombadillo
08-04-2010, 9:18 AM
That was interesting. Makes me want to hunt big hog with a .300 win mag or something. 4 arrows, and he was just walking away huffing a bit from being tired from his fight.

Not much sporting there, they just walked up and stuck a dying hog with a few arrows.

Meh.

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 9:56 AM
You ever been that close to a wounded animal? It is pretty sketchy.

5shot
08-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Yep, take away the water and trees and it's just like Big Horn Canyon Ranch. Floppy eared, curly tailed, farm pigs who have no fear of the hunters. Even after they're shot, they just walk away and look for a place to lay down. Still oblivious to the so called hunters. Might as well shoot a cow. Much more meat.

ZirconJohn
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
HHhahaa... I just had a thought...

In reference to Jan Brewer...

I wonder if Sara Palin would like this VID... :)

sideshowhr
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
damn. talk about adding insult to injury. i don't consider sticking a pig with a couple arrows after it just dispensed all its energy hunting

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Neither is running them with dogs IMHO.

ZirconJohn
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not much of a hunter; not against it... just no time for it.

Perhaps a hunter can answer this question... PCH?

Question; Doesn't this high energy, adrenaline pumping activity prior to the kill ruin the meat?

Isn't that the idea of the one shot kill... the game is relaxed when they never see it coming (?).

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
It is said that it will make the meat tougher but I marinade everything I eat and tenderize it so I really dont see much of a difference. I also bleed the animal prior to quartering it out which helps a lot.

sideshowhr
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
i've only had antelope once, but the one time i did have it, it was easily THEE gamiest meat i've ever had. the hunter told me the animal had been running like hell before he shot it... and i attribute the gaminess of the meat due to that fact.

anyone had antelope and has a similar experience?

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
The gaminess comes from age, deit and if the rut was in full swing not the running and adrenaline. It is pretty gamey just like goat.

ZX-10R
08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Meat is meat...Some of the offended definitely have got to get off the high horse...Some of the responses were retarded. If they waste the meat great if not, they took and ate. That is as good a rule for not wasting.

dwa
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Neither is running them with dogs IMHO.

Have you ever gone?

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Many times. I am from Missouri and running dogs is second nature. It is just not that exciting to me but I dont mind that others do it. I still chase coons with hounds when I go back east.

dwa
08-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Many times. I am from Missouri and running dogs is second nature. It is just not that exciting to me but I dont mind that others do it. I still chase coons with hounds when I go back east.

So when you hunt, I assume you conceal your position mask your odor and use some kind of device to call the yotes in, then shoot them at long range?

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I do it up close and personal with a shotgun or a bow. I will let others shoot them at long range if they wish too. I have a long range set up for those stubborn ones that wont come in.

No cover scents and mouth calls NOT electronic.

You are free to assume what you want but I actually hunt.

dwa
08-04-2010, 1:01 PM
I do it up close and personal with a shotgun or a bow. I will let others shoot them at long range if they wish too. I have a long range set up for those stubborn ones that wont come in.

No cover scents and mouth calls NOT electronic.

You are free to assume what you want but I actually hunt.

Im not trying to assume anything. Im green to the point that I cant call myself even green with a straight face. I simply asked someone who is far more experienced than I in hunting in general and specifically about a disciple I know nothing about, hence how my assumption about your methods were in correct.

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 1:08 PM
I am not offended that you would think that. So many people do hunt that way. But as the old saying goes to each his own.

bearstatearmory.com
08-04-2010, 1:14 PM
I didn't like the fact that it took atleast 3 or 4 arrows.

professionalcoyotehunter
08-04-2010, 1:16 PM
It sometimes takes a lot to bring them down.

Shoot-it
08-04-2010, 2:36 PM
I'm not much of a hunter; not against it... just no time for it.

Perhaps a hunter can answer this question... PCH?

Question; Doesn't this high energy, adrenaline pumping activity prior to the kill ruin the meat?

Isn't that the idea of the one shot kill... the game is relaxed when they never see it coming (?).

Most believe it makes the meat tougher.When we slaughter a stear we run it into a cow trailer and wait tell the next morning to have it slaughtered this way the blood is not pumping hard.

I to thought those pigs were domestic let lose to go wild.It did kid of looked to easy of a kill they were wore out but to each there own.

pieeater
08-04-2010, 3:32 PM
Antelope is really good and not gamey at all. If the animal has been running and is all worked up the adrenaline can leave a lactic aid buildup. But really most meat tastes like crap because it was not cooled properly or fast enough. Gutshot , breaking the piss sack, getting the meat dirty, etc. all will make meat taste like crap.

i've only had antelope once, but the one time i did have it, it was easily THEE gamiest meat i've ever had. the hunter told me the animal had been running like hell before he shot it... and i attribute the gaminess of the meat due to that fact.

anyone had antelope and has a similar experience?

pieeater
08-04-2010, 3:39 PM
I ate the meat off this elk and it wasnt too bad. If ever there was an animal that was stressed out it was him, being stuck in a fence thrashing around for who knows how long couldnt have been fun.

http://www.fototime.com/8794C6F8C611E4C/standard.jpg

Markus
10-05-2010, 2:25 AM
I dont mind that they shot the pig I just dont find it very sporting or of any challenge whatsoever. Only reason I would of shot either of them would be either to protect myself or put them out of their misery(at least in this situation). Not saying im some great and mighty hunter just giving my 0.02

lewdogg21
10-05-2010, 6:51 AM
Why did they bother with camo?

On the subject of stuff not dying after being shot with an arrow, the 6x6 my Dad stuck about a week ago was hit just above the heart and they saw the bull with blood coming out of his nose and it was frothy pink. After the shot they watched him stand and lower his head and start swaying side to side before it moved off. They spent the next 2+ days looking for it but couldn't find it (tons of elk and therefore tracks were wiped out). They did find where it laid down the first time and there was blood spray on the trees all around and in the bed. The consensus was that he only hit one lung. One tough son of a *****.

duckman1
10-05-2010, 7:00 AM
Bad tasting or gamey meat IMHO has more to do with how the meat was cared for than if it was running or scared. Clean cool meat makes all of the difference.

jaime7818
10-05-2010, 7:55 AM
They had cammo because its a t.v. show...

Why did they bother with camo?

On the subject of stuff not dying after being shot with an arrow, the 6x6 my Dad stuck about a week ago was hit just above the heart and they saw the bull with blood coming out of his nose and it was frothy pink. After the shot they watched him stand and lower his head and start swaying side to side before it moved off. They spent the next 2+ days looking for it but couldn't find it (tons of elk and therefore tracks were wiped out). They did find where it laid down the first time and there was blood spray on the trees all around and in the bed. The consensus was that he only hit one lung. One tough son of a *****.

Joe'Bronco
10-05-2010, 9:20 PM
Thats why you shouldant shoot mech. broadheads. Fixed would have done it on the first shot.

bigboarstopper
10-05-2010, 11:26 PM
This video is a bunch of crap. If I could walk up to "wild" hogs like that I wouldnt even bother. Those hogs are not wild, not even feral. They are simply domestic pigs down to their floppy ears and curly tails. This video does not represent wild hogs or wild hog hunting in any way shape or form. This video is completely staged. Feel free to comment on the hogs themself. But with all common sence dont compare it to true wild boar hunting.

Thefeeder
10-05-2010, 11:56 PM
This video is a bunch of crap. If I could walk up to "wild" hogs like that I wouldnt even bother. Those hogs are not wild, not even feral. They are simply domestic pigs down to their floppy ears and curly tails. This video does not represent wild hogs or wild hog hunting in any way shape or form. This video is completely staged. Feel free to comment on the hogs themself. But with all common sence dont compare it to true wild boar hunting.

+100 Simply retarded.....that is the worst example of hunting I have ever witnessed.

^^^^^^^
Yep....might as well have been a cow.

bob7122
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
imho it is bloodthirsty murder, hunting boar is nothing like this; this is not a sport this is two fat tard's trying to stage a scene and coming out looking retarded.

Joe
10-06-2010, 2:18 AM
Looks like those guys need to man up and use a bow with a draw weight of more than 15 lbs.

Joe'Bronco
10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Looks like those guys need to man up and use a bow with a draw weight of more than 15 lbs.

:iagree:

inbox485
10-06-2010, 1:19 PM
This vid is full of tard. I'd love to see those two trying to drop a real wild boar with those arrows.

ar15kills
10-07-2010, 2:19 AM
This is not hunting, this is farm slaughter. Terrible shot placement and at 10yds thats pitiful.

Tanner68
10-07-2010, 5:29 AM
Not impressed. They should have let them walk.

mk3mitch
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

AGREED! Those things looked like some 4H kid raised them for the county fair.

mk3mitch
10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
And did you see that last shot at 8:25? JEEZ! Talk about TERRIBLE placement.

Btw...I can't wait til I get off work today, I will be out hunting REAL wild hogs. woo!

SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
10-07-2010, 8:19 PM
this video is worthless.

Bray556
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM

HAHAHA I agree also! I know little about bows, (only what I've learned from Uncle Ted on the Spirit of the Wild show)... I think he uses a 50lbs bow and he says its on the light side. I think the arrow passes entirely through 90% of his animals.

HAHAHA 15lbs bow sounds/ looks about right!

hnoppenberger
10-09-2010, 10:05 AM
buncha slack-jaws around here. Its a couple of guys new to bows and they are just trying to bring some pigs home. So it took a few arrows big deal, obviously they are trying to fill a freezer and these pigs are gonna taste alot better than some burly bastard of a boar. You guys are hypocrites that think this is just murder. this is food gathering.

hnoppenberger
10-09-2010, 10:07 AM
This is not hunting, this is farm slaughter. Terrible shot placement and at 10yds thats pitiful.

exactly, so whats the problem?

bigboarstopper
10-09-2010, 7:06 PM
buncha slack-jaws around here. Its a couple of guys new to bows and they are just trying to bring some pigs home. So it took a few arrows big deal, obviously they are trying to fill a freezer and these pigs are gonna taste alot better than some burly bastard of a boar. You guys are hypocrites that think this is just murder. this is food gathering.

I would agree with you if I believed what you described above. I think most people who have done their share of hog hunting can easily come to the assumption that this was a staged hunt. The animals were not wild or even feral. The hogs completely ignored the two hunters as they stood feet away and made commentary as if they were giving a play by play of a title fight. This kind of thing does not happen EVER in a true hunting situation. The two men were simply watching two domestic animals fight and then killed them.

I do not have a problem with these men killing these hogs. It happens every day. What I do have a problem with is the fact that they were PORTRAYING HUNTERS in a very poor dramatization. People see this footage and believe its hunting and come to the conclusion that this is what hunting is like. It makes hunting look rediculasly easy. It gives the impression that to be a hunter all you need to do is walk up to an animal and kill it. No effort or responsibility in an ethical kill is required. Just buy a gun and kill animals. Thats all it takes to be a hunter.

Smile
10-09-2010, 7:52 PM
Doesnt seem like much of a hunt. It must be boring to walk around and shoot animals that just sit there.

FLIGHT762
10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't like the idea of shooting two animals that have completely exhausted themselves and are spent.

It reminds me of the time in my Duck blind, watching a Green Winged Teal being chased down by a Bald Eagle looking for a meal. I watched that teal duck,dive in the water and evade that Eagle for several minutes. The Eagle finally gave up.

The teal, exhausted, flew off the water in the opposite direction of the Eagle, which took him directly past me. A nice 20 yard shot. I didn't have the heart to shoot him. I let him go. Just didn't seem sporting. :grouphug:

gunaddict#1
10-10-2010, 11:20 AM
This isn't even hunting. How many arrows does it take broad side at 10yds standing still??? These guys are pathetic.

hnoppenberger
10-10-2010, 4:39 PM
Some guys bringing some free range pigs home to the freezer... man its a sad day in the US when everyone on a gun forum bashes that.

bigboarstopper
10-10-2010, 5:17 PM
Some guys bringing some free range pigs home to the freezer... man its a sad day in the US when everyone on a gun forum bashes that.Guys bringing pork home for the freezer is fine. But dont call it hunting. Cause it isnt.

Rusty_Buckhorn
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM

the problem is that whether you're hunting or slaughtering, the kill should be an ethical kill.... and this was not. Makes us all look bad. If you don't see that, then I'd rather you not be in the same woods as me.

inbox485
10-12-2010, 3:44 PM

The pathetic slow painful death that resulted from a couple of morons that couldn't manage a proper bow.

If anybody called it murder, I didn't notice. It was however an unethical inhuman kill. No real bow hunter would release an arrow they were not certain would result in a swift death. That is not hippacracy, that is killing with gratitude for the life being taken.

This isn't even hunting. How many arrows does it take broad side at 10yds standing still??? These guys are pathetic.

^^^THIS^^^

Some guys bringing some free range pigs home to the freezer... man its a sad day in the US when everyone on a gun forum bashes that.

Hunting a free range pig might be a tad bit in the sissy category for some, but that was not nearly as much of an objection as the inhumane method used, and the rather pathetic attempt to play it off as something it wasn't.

chickenfried
10-12-2010, 3:47 PM
Might not be my cut of tea. But as long as they're following the law :shrug:

inbox485
10-12-2010, 4:30 PM
Might not be my cut of tea. But as long as they're following the law :shrug:

Since it was a farm slaughter, and was not done humanely, it may very well have violated law.