PDA

View Full Version : VA medical and CCW

vantec08
08-03-2010, 3:09 PM
didnt find this on a VA search . . . .

Subject: VA Medical
New VA questions from the Obama administration...better stay on your toes!

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctor’s appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and
found something very interesting I would like to pass along.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at
the end of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed?

2. Did I feel threatened?

3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions,
I would have lost my concealed carry weapons permit as it would have
gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to
Homeland Security.

I am a Vietnam vet and 15 year CCW permit holder. Looks like they are
going after us vets.

Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on
record as considering veterans and gun owners as potential terrorists.

If you are a veteran, you've been warned. If you know veterans, please
pass this on to them.

Wicked Pete
08-03-2010, 5:22 PM
Thanks for the "heads up". My older brother (John Bircher) is a Vietnam era vet, I think he knows. Good advice.

shellyzsweet
08-03-2010, 5:49 PM
smells like FUD to me. Those are pretty general mental health screening questions that lots of people get asked.

SmokinMr2
08-03-2010, 6:10 PM
This again?
It was just posted last week...again.
It's a spam email based on some stuff that they were discussing putting in the health care bill that didn't make it for Vet's benefits. Something to do with billing Vet's private insurance for non duty related stuff. Got everyone in an uproar...
It never made the healthcare bill anyway and then there was that stupid terrorist/vet memo...

Like most gossip, there may be a little truth.
VA may be asking those questions. It really depends on who you ask...

NO they aren't going after your guns.

The whole "The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions,
I would have lost my concealed carry weapons permit as it would have
gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to
Homeland Security" is a crock of poop.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust Obama or anyone else in this administration. It's just that in this particular email has made the rounds a few times and is garbage.

Oh ya...Google is your friend :)
http://www.google.com/search?q=1.+Did+I+feel+stressed%3F%0D%0A%0D%0A2.+D id+I+feel+threatened%3F%0D%0A%0D%0A3.+Did+I+feel+l ike+doing+harm+to+someone%3F&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=

Milsurp Collector
08-03-2010, 7:19 PM
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/va-test-permit.htm

Summary of the eRumor:
A forwarded email that cautions veterans about questions that maybe asked while in treatment at the Veterans Hospital. The email says that if a veteran is asked about being stressed, feeling threatened or wanting to harm someone and if their answer is yes they could lose any authorization to carry a concealed weapon.

The Truth:
This one is fiction. A spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. The only exemption to the case would be if a hospital were asked to assist in a criminal investigation.

The three questions about feeling stressed, threatened and desiring to harm others are to test for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which some of our men and women in the armed services have suffered as a result of combat. This test is administered to many patients who served in the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq.

updated 05/18/09
A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
This one is for you Veterans. I have never heard of this before, but I thought it was important enough to pass along here.

"I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting I would like to pass along.. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions.

(1. Did I feel stressed?)
(2. Did I feel threatened?)
(3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?)

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Viet Nam vet and 15 year cc permit holder. Looks like they are going after us vets."