PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand CMP Special mint

daves_daily
08-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I'll get around to posting images. The only thing that's happened with this "CMP Special" is I mounted a Weaver scope mount on it, if you're familiar this involves no drilling. My intention was to use it as both my Yote gun and for national match but it was just a dream, too old, too busted up and I just don't have the hold for it anymore. This weapon fired MOA with a scope at 100 yards it is TIGHT. Beautiful wood. The CMP Special came with a new Springfield Armory receiver, Wilson bbl, it was a very short run of a unique offering that proportedly will never be repeated by CMP. Absolutely the finest un-varnished stock M1 Garand I have ever fired or seen. I shot for Navy so I've seen my share. I also have over 700 rounds of the Greek ammo that was being sold in cases of four spam cans in bandileros of clips by CMP at that time, circa 2007. I fired a few clips but it was almost 800 rounds to begin with, three spam cans unopened. Fulton Armory butt kit and tool, new leather cheek pad unattached, possibly never opened. Scope mount is probably still intact someplace as well, new sling, hard case. Never traveled, and only fired once at the range. Never dissassembled. Scope mount was removed.

CONTACT A MODERATOR WITH YOUR PRICE - THIS IS A SALES FORUM - AND YOUR THREAD WILL BE UNLOCKED.