PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Knives & Gun

PressCheck
08-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Because they are so close to me I thought I should check them out even though I've heard very negitive things about them.

What a Pleasant Surprise! Grumpy old guy has been Fired. Friendly & informed people I went in just to look
I highly Recommend. :):):)

They're located in the the location that was Wayne's Gun Shop.

FS00008
08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
And they're open 7 days a week. The owner is kinda stupid though. The kid in the cowboy hat is good. He knows his stuff and isn't a jackwagon. Prices are ehh... not great, not bad. Big 5 can beat them for price, but they stock stuff that big-5 doesn't...

elSquid
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
The kid in the cowboy hat is good. He knows his stuff and isn't a jackwagon.

Yup, I've bought from him. Recommended. :thumbsup:

-- Michael

greybeard
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I have bought knives from them but not guns. Never met grumpy old guy

audiopro74
08-03-2010, 2:42 PM
I always got along ok with grumpy. I guess birds of a feather.... Have to swing in again.

FS00008
08-03-2010, 2:52 PM
Jack was cool. What happened to him?

Johnny.B.Good
08-03-2010, 2:53 PM
I have never bothered to visit this place, in part because of the terrible reviews that have been posted about it online. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Maybe I will check them out... Decent selection of handguns?

PressCheck
08-03-2010, 3:57 PM
Jack was cool. What happened to him?

Gone!

PressCheck
08-03-2010, 4:05 PM
I have never bothered to visit this place, in part because of the terrible reviews that have been posted about it online. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Maybe I will check them out... Decent selection of handguns?

Any of you people that know me from my posts, and/or HALO Group know That I don't "Pimp" for anyone. Let's give these guys a "Shot."

They are Small right now, but with our help we can make them grow.

No problem w/ PPT's.

Mason McDuffie
08-03-2010, 4:16 PM
I always liked Jack. He didn't take crap from the usual Dublin losers going in asking for gats. Not much for the Q&A sessions though haha. Presscheck, what kinda markup are you seeing? Last time I was in there they had some nasty ammo sittin on the floor in beat up old boxes. I'm all about spreading business though.

ZX-10R
08-03-2010, 4:29 PM
This is in Dublin, CA right by Pleasanton and San Ramon? I am there if it is.

Mason McDuffie
08-03-2010, 4:41 PM
Yeah. Right off the freeway.

PressCheck
08-03-2010, 4:49 PM
This is in Dublin, CA right by Pleasanton and San Ramon? I am there if it is.

Yes it is! Google can direct you there. The address in the 'Gun Store" Thread is incorrect.

ZX-10R
08-03-2010, 4:54 PM
Yes it is! Google can direct you there. The address in the 'Gun Store" Thread is incorrect.

I am off on Thursday and Friday and up for the weekend in Castro Valley to be at home...I am there!!!

Flogger23m
08-03-2010, 5:39 PM
One time I was in there, I saw a VZ-58. Other times I have seen an SKS.

Aside from that, they are mainly pistols and knives.

gadjeep
08-03-2010, 5:42 PM
Never saw an old guy there, just an indian guy that was acting kind of crazy and yelling at his employees with customers in the store. Turned me off but YMMV.

Mason McDuffie
08-03-2010, 5:58 PM
Hahahaha I totally remember that guy. He thought he was sooooooo cool cus he chromed out a Glock I think it was. Talked to me for 10 minutes about the process. I am not interested in bling but wasn't trying to be rude. Haha, I laughed like hell when I got back to the car.

Saigon1965
08-03-2010, 6:02 PM
This makes it nicer for everyone - Was only open Wed-Sat -

And they're open 7 days a week.

biloutkast
08-04-2010, 2:40 PM
I didn't have a bad experince here during my visit. Cowboy hat guy was cool and helpful. He looked kind of paranoid, maybe because we had four in the group and he was the only worker at the time. Very understandable. I ended up buying a few boxes of ammo during the visit.

The Middle Eastern? looking guy and his wife were very eager to help me during my 2nd visit. Fondled a few rifles and handguns, answered my questions but my mind wasn't set to which I wanted. Some other shops out there would've brushed me off after handling one firearm.

My only dislike to the store right now is they have signs on each firearm that raises it's price when using a credit card.
"Cash purchase $535"
"If using credit card $550"

FS00008
08-04-2010, 5:06 PM
Hahahaha I totally remember that guy. He thought he was sooooooo cool cus he chromed out a Glock I think it was. Talked to me for 10 minutes about the process. I am not interested in bling but wasn't trying to be rude. Haha, I laughed like hell when I got back to the car.

It was a Kahr. And I usually don't go in there if he's there. He's the owner and I don't like him because he's a loudmouth and doesn't know very much. I don't mind the kid in the cowboy hat though. Very polite and professional and knows his stuff.

Tbh, I liked Jack and the kid in the cowboy hat is fine. The owner can never come back in the shop for all I care. In fact, if he'd stay out all the time I'd probably spend more money there.

FS00008
08-04-2010, 5:09 PM
I always liked Jack. He didn't take crap from the usual Dublin losers going in asking for gats. Not much for the Q&A sessions though haha. Presscheck, what kinda markup are you seeing? Last time I was in there they had some nasty ammo sittin on the floor in beat up old boxes. I'm all about spreading business though.

They've got 9MM Plinking stuff for ~$5 more a box than Big 5. Wolf for ~$9 a box... Gun prices aren't horrible if you pay with cash.

Southpaw45
08-04-2010, 9:39 PM
I am off on Thursday and Friday and up for the weekend in Castro Valley to be at home...I am there!!!

The gun shop is realy close to were the old Dublin Toyota use to be. There like in a strip mall....

johnthomas
08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
My only dislike to the store right now is they have signs on each firearm that raises it's price when using a credit card.
"Cash purchase $535"
"If using credit card $550"[/QUOTE]

They have to pay the credit card company a percentage of the sale. All vendors do.

BayAreaShooter
08-06-2010, 1:03 PM
And they're open 7 days a week.

Last time I checked they are only open 3-4 days a week. I have never had good experiences with them. Every time I go in there is only one person working and they are always busy with something else. The knife prices are horrendous and they sell 20yr old ammo ans new. I know because I asked a worker on the phone and he admitted to me that it was 20yrs old. Every time I go in there I am disappointed in one way or another. I really would like to enjoy going there as it is my local gun shop and will have to drive to Livermore for any gun needs. I might give them another chance but we will see.

PressCheck
08-22-2010, 9:48 AM
Delete.